KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Anthropologie

Engaged Employer

Anthropologie

Add a Review

Anthropologie Employee Reviews about "management"

Updated Aug 6, 2022

Found 928 of over 3,700 reviews

3.8
Anthropologie Chief Executive Officer Richard Hayne  (no image)
Richard Hayne

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Anthropologie and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Former Employee

Loved It Here

Oct 5, 2020 - Customer Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team was super understanding and always willing to help me learn new skills.

Cons

Sometimes during slow hours, there wasn't much to do.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great perks, Job Satisfaction Dependent on Management

Mar 28, 2014 - Part Time Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

discount learn various aspect of the retail world they'll keep your job for you if you need to take a leave of absence

Cons

Hours are hit/miss depending on time of year and whether or not management is happy with you Politics Unfair pay structure - inconsistent I found the ratings were all over the place. Times I thought I worked hard I was scored really low, and times I thought I was average I was scored really high It's hard to move up with the company for a lot of people. I've seen people wanting to move up, who would go up one rung and be stuck there. It's easier if you're already in management to get promoted than non-management to management

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Mar 17, 2019 - Senior Sales Associate in Canoga Park, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team at my particular store is so kind and attentive to our needs. The team of associates have all become friends. Everyone is so encouraging and it’s so fun to be a part of the Anthro asthetic day after day.

Cons

Inevitably, every retail job has a downside and that usually involves the customer unfortunately. Be prepared to get yelled at by a rich lady because you folded her clothes too tightly or didn’t give her fresh, uncrumpled dollar bills.

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Disorganized and disrespectful

Nov 20, 2013 - Seasonal Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Like many have already said, the discount is amazing. Employee appreciation (40% off everything in the store, including sale items) should come more often because that beats the 60% off selected items and the 40% off clothing and 25% on home goods that you normally get.

Cons

On-calls are the worst. Management refuses to take responsibility for things and are very rude if you have any questions. Also, there is a large lack of communication happening. I have been called to say my shift was cut then called again telling me that i didn't show up for work (the shift that was cut). Also, they will not tell you if there are any problems, you could go weeks without being put on the schedule because someone has decided they don't like you but do not want to do the grown up thing and talk to you about it; when you try to talk to them they give you the cold shoulder. Honestly, there are just people in management positions who should not be there. I plan on resigning this week for some of the reasons listed above and more.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Management

Oct 6, 2015 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Besides the generous discount, The team was the only positive thing about this specific store

Cons

One of the store managers was very condescending and negative on a regular daily basis to both the management team and sales team. Never encouraging and always giving constructive feedback, which is welcomed. However she was never willing to take constructive feedback others gave her. It was always a sob story, turning things around to make herself the victim. Rude and uncalled for comments 'can you look at me while I'm talking' for example to all management staff as well regular staff. Management would leave early accounting for time that was not actually spent in the stores, which is stealing from the store. Lazy management who stayed in office and took credit for all work done by other management and sales team.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not bad for a college student

Aug 28, 2013 - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hours were flexible-- I designed my schedule around my class