KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Anthropologie

Engaged Employer

Anthropologie

Add a Review

Anthropologie Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Aug 6, 2022

Found 662 of over 3,700 reviews

3.8
Anthropologie Chief Executive Officer Richard Hayne  (no image)
Richard Hayne

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Anthropologie and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overall a good company &environment to be apart of. The management is like a hierarchy & needs a lot of improvement.

Feb 27, 2016 - Visual Sales Associate in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was a visual sales associate, which is a very complicated role. At the store I worked in, I was very grateful with how they utilized me within the first year of working there. I was 100% dedicated to merchandising & display work. Being apart of the team that creates the visual aesthetics in the store is a great experience. The overall team is typically a great set of people to be around & work with.

Cons

The communication between district managers, store management, and associates is awful. They continually mention how they are all about promoting people from within the company. However, in reality it's a popularity contest. If you're friends and get along with the "higher-ups," you'll most likely move up & advance a lot quicker. If they are not in favor of you, they find anyway possible to get rid of you. In the 2+ years I worked there, I saw many associates as well as managers "bullied" out of the company. Therefore, the turnover rate is extremely high, especially with management. Like I said, within the 2+ years I worked there, I went through 2 store managers, 3 visual managers, and countless department managers.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ex Sakes Associate

May 27, 2015 - Part Time Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most everyone is friendly, funny and creative. Fast-paced environment makes the day go by quicker. Great benefits for employees.

Cons

Not much room for upward mobility unless you play your cards right and suck up to the right people. Some people were just strange, but they were very good with customers.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Associate

May 1, 2016 - Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The girls they hire are generally optimistic and have bubbly personalities so it is easy to get along with your colleagues. Easy to access by public transit because of the central location near Powell Street Bart, so even if you work the very early shift that begins at 6am or late shift that ends at midnight, you will probably find a bus that is still running.

Cons

It is a retail job for mostly college-age young women so they pay is not great, but better than comparable retail businesses. Management is a bit 'young' (not by age but by management expertise), so sometimes conflict is inevitable. This is further escalated by the very young (in age) staff. I understand that it's hard to invest into managers-in-training since retail has such a high turnover rate and people will leave for better paying opportunities. However, even if your extensive 'management style and structure' training yields 1 or 2 managers who are very capable of leading and steering the other managers in the right direction, I say it is enough of a ROI.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great atmosphere and people

May 13, 2021 - Part Time Sales Associate in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

A wonderful team of people who are super supportive and ready to help as your starting out. Great employee discount. Very flexible with hours - scheduling & swapping.

Cons

Pay is less than it should be.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Display Coordinator Position

Jan 23, 2015 - Display Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great that they promote out-of-the-box thinking artistically and fellow DC's are usually all very helpful and very genuinely nice people. Believe it or not, the health package is also very good with URBN INC. and this of course includes Anthro. They very often promote from within as well and if you just take a job as a sales associate as a seasonal or side job with no aspirations to advance, then this is the best retail store to work for hands down.

Cons

Your success in the position relies heavily on the abilities of your Visual Manager, so if he/she is no good, you are no good. Also, they have unrealistic timelines for some of the projects to be completed so as a bit of advice, GET INTERNS, they help a lot. Lastly, the company seems to chew through upper management like an International Harvester. When I was there--for two years--I had 4 Store Managers, 3 Home Managers, 2 Visual Managers, and 4 Apparel Managers.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Steep discount, wonderful coworkers

Jan 25, 2017 - Sales Associate in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I very much enjoyed my time working part-time at the New Orleans, LA location of Anthropologie. I met the most wonderful people during my time there and the employee discount is surprisingly steep.

Cons

On-call shifts are the absolute worst. They make it very hard for part-time sales associates to effectively plan their time and creates a bad work/life balance.