Anton Paar USA Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2021

3.8
Anton Paar USA President Reinhard Eberl
Reinhard Eberl
Pros
  • "The instruments are robust and the continuous education is excellent(in 6 reviews)

• "Anton Paar is a great company to work for(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you want a fast-paced and challenging career, this may not be the right fit for you(in 5 reviews)

• "The work-life balance was a bit to the work side(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Awesome Company with Great People and Products"

Former Employee - Technical Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Anton Paar USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Given industry leading technologies to sell -Invests heavily into R&D to guarantee competitive edge -management is resourceful and helpful without micromanaging -in the 2 years I was here almost all electronic platforms were modernized -Solid base and bonuses -great work/life balance

Cons

-Not many opportunities for promotion

2. "First Job!"

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Torrance, CA

I worked at Anton Paar USA full-time

Pros

Learning, Science, Instrument and Technical Knowledge Gain for Future

Cons

Travel, management, workload, High-Cost Health Insurance

"Not encouraging to work"

Former Employee - Technical Sales Representative in Omaha, NE

I worked at Anton Paar USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good learning experience and flexibility

Cons

Bad management and alignment with corporate. Products quality issue.

"Service Engineer at Anton Paar USA"

Former Employee - In-house Service Engineer in Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at Anton Paar USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Anton Paar, everyone was very helpful and always ready to lend a had. My management was great and there was plenty of opportunity to travel for work. I felt appreciated and that my individual contribution mattered.

Cons

The work-life balance was a bit to the work side. Some of the HR policies seemed unnecessary.

"Quantatec"

2.0
    Current Employee - Production in Boynton Beach, FL

I have been working at Anton Paar USA full-time

Pros

If you’re Austrian you will get a job you are unqualified for and you don’t even have to interview!

Cons

No HR person Nepotism at it’s finest Expect 110 percent but are given no direction nor feedback

Anton Paar USA Response

May 26, 2020CEO

Dear Submitter of this review, Please note that you are employed by Anton Paar Quantatec but posted a review of Anton Paar USA. Anton Paar is more than happy to address any concerns you have, but please address them to the legal entity you are employed with. Thank you very much.

"In-house Associate Service Engineer"

I have been working at Anton Paar USA

Pros

I am very satisfied with my current position at Anton paar USA. Great opportunity to learn and implement things. Especially for those who just out from the school. Every part of the line has its own characteristics.

Cons

From my point of you and experience, I don’t have any cons for this time.

7. COVID-19

"Anton Sub Paar"

2.0
    Former Employee - Contract Sales Specialist in Ashland, VA

I worked at Anton Paar USA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Many workers here are tremendous employees: bright, professional, and of diverse background. There’s opportunity for lateral moves, and internal promotion for those with motivation. There is a relatively generous bonus for 5 and 10 years, and often a year-end bonus as well. Efforts were made this year to increase salary to the meet the median industry levels. If you’re in sales, commission is attractive. I was in service sales, and I met my annual goal of over 2 million each year. The reward for this was incentive to stay.

Cons

It’s with regret that I report the following experience, but I think it’s important to disclose. Not all of my 8 years were like this, however this is the current state of the company as I type. I was laid off as non-essential during Covid-19. To my knowledge, I’m currently the only person that has been laid off due to the virus. The sequence of events leading up to this has given me pause for reflection, and I invite those interested in working here to put serious thought into it. Read the negative reviews on here - there’s truth to them. I’m glad for the positive reviews and hope those employees continue to have that experience. At the end of my employment, upper management tended to operate with not only childish, but outright despicable tactics. Their tendency is to lead through fear and bullying, and to act in a vindictive manner if an employee steps on their toes (bruises their ego). For example, it’s accepted that in an open office environment, upper management can gossip, curse, and trash talk about the staff who report to them. Not only is this unprofessional, it’s incredible to me that it’s allowed by the CEO. Furthermore, multiple phone calls occurred where staff were berated and bullied, often with the office door open, or out in an open area. The CEO must be aware, as his office is adjacent, and the behavior was reported to HR. I was on the receiving end of one of these phone calls. My anger has dissipated and now I’m just sad that people are allowed to be spoken to this way in the workplace in 2020. Yet I understand why people stay - I did. If you’re willing to keep your head down and not speak up or stand up for these sorts of things, you can get by. And with the company of some excellent colleagues, time has a way of passing. A personal example of my experience with upper management is when preparing for my leave after having my baby. There is currently no maternity leave policy, only leave under FMLA and short term disability. I wanted to ensure my work was covered while I was out, as I had a number I had to meet at year-end. For taking incentive to plan, I was told I was impatient and needed to let management handle it. I was also denied the privilege to work remote during the 9th month of pregnancy by management, even though I commuted to work and was quite a ways from my hospital. I had to use the Reasonable Accommodation approach through HR. As a side note, I had a counterpart with an identical job title who did their work 100% remotely. The other very glaring reason I unfortunately cannot recommend this company or the CEO, is that they claim to have an “open door policy.” This is absolutely NOT the case. Over the course of 8 years, I watched colleagues approach management with questions or concerns; almost without fail, these employees left the company, were fired, or were let go. At the very least, they were written up as “negative.” I was hired for my transparency, but ultimately this company does not want employees like me. They want individuals that are happy to take orders, obey sometimes asinine decisions, and ignore double standard policies without question. There are people willing to work in this environment: many are young/inexperienced professionally, or desperate for work. Others I guess are fine with being like an ostrich with their head in the sand. However, I believe that all employees’ voices and experience matters. This company works very hard to stifle those that shed a light on parts of the company they don’t want others to see.

Continue reading

"Great Job, Great Company, Glad they took a chance on me"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Ashland, VA

I have been working at Anton Paar USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

I will start by saying that some of these reviews you might read come from bitter employees who maybe were not cut out for the job or just were not able to make it work out. A person's work ethic and attitude that you bring to work with you every day will bring you very far in life. Also, anyone within the company that reads this review will immediately know who I am and I am perfectly ok with that. In my short time with this company, I have not seen any of the issues that some of the reviewers have brought up. I am not European and I have never felt like I was being singled out or left out because of my ethnicity or where I am from. Contrary to popular belief, the CEO is actually an American citizen (but yes is originally from Austria). But has completed the steps necessary to become an American citizen. I am a retired U.S. Service member and my military experience DID count for something (I can only assume that it did). Working at Anton-Paar has been nothing short of an amazing experience and has made my transition from retirement from the U.S. Army to the corporate world a lot simpler than the military transition classes make it seem. Maybe that is due to my work ethic and my ability to work well with absolutely anyone. Maybe it is because I know that I am entitled to nothing and I actually have to produce results to retain employment anywhere. Maybe it is because of my 20 years in the U.S. Army taught me to take nothing for granted and to actually do WORK. Everyone that I have interacted with at this company (and I interact with A LOT of the employees) has been pleasant from the top of the company all the way to the “bottom.” I HAVE NEVER seen or experienced anything that I would consider a toxic environment, but maybe my idea of toxic is different than others. If you really want to know what a toxic environment is, seek me out and I can tell you some stories. In continuing to dispel some of the negative reviews, interaction goes both ways just the same as respect does. I know that I need to earn people’s respect as they have to earn mine. I interact with multiple people every single day; from employees in the office to employees in the field. I also have the unique opportunity to interact with employees through North and South America as well as employees and colleagues in Europe. This job has afforded me plenty of flexibility when I needed it, but I also do not try to take advantage of that. Everyone in management is approachable and do not promote fear. What they do promote is being a productive member of the team. I have experienced ZERO micromanaging and since day one have been able to make decisions on my own. It has taken me a little while to get used to that, considering the environment that I came from, but as a manager I am given the freedom to make decisions while always having the support of the company. Lastly, and maybe a little bit of a recurring theme, but if you DO YOUR JOB to the best of your ability then I honestly do not feel that you will ever have a problem at Anton-Paar. Show up to work on time, learn what is expected of you, and then excel at what you do. It is a simple formula for success. The only person holding you back is YOU!

Cons

Not really a con just something to adjust to and adapt to. Austria does hold a lot of the cards and a lot of the power, but if you have any sort of people skills then you will have no problems establishing and building the relationships that you need to in order to be successful. Your employer should NEVER be expected to adapt to you.

Continue reading

"Dont believe for a second that there is an open door policy."

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Anton Paar USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training is better than it used to be. The company makes a good instrument.

Cons

Work life balance, High turnover, Don't believe for a second that you can speak with your immediate supervisor candidly.

"DONT DO IT"

Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Ashland, VA

I worked at Anton Paar USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Literally none. It was the worst environment I've ever worked in.

Cons

This was the most toxic environment I've ever worked in. I had panic attacks Sunday nights before a new week and had to do breathing exercises on my way in daily in order to calm my anxiety. One could say such issues were just a one-off, except in a recent employee survey there were more than 3000 negative issues raised regarding micromanaging, lack of autonomy, no flexibility, no communication and legitimate fear of just losing your job if you spoke up. Only about 1400 comments were neutral or had something positive to say. So dont just take my word for it... Definitely DO NOT apply if you have worked more than five jobs in your LIFETIME, no matter the tenure or skills acquired at any of them. Definitely DO NOT apply if you dont have a Bachelors degree at a minimum - military experience and/or equivalent skills acquired over career wont even get you a foot in the door. Definitely DO NOT apply if you need or want flexibility in the slightest, there is none. Salaried employees MUST clock in and out and are encouraged to work over 40 hours a week, but deducted PTO if even 15 minutes under. And forget working from home unless you're in sales, in fact the employee handbook states that those who do lose their chance of any bonuses, promotions, or salary increases because they may not be working hard enough and management cant watch them essentially. However if you LOVE a silent office where no one talks to each other, mandatory 30 minute lunches and 10 minute breaks at 10am and 3pm (as a salaried employee), no culture and a management team that promotes fear instead of encourages positivity...or if you're a big Trump fan and would love to work for someone just like him, then this is definitely your place!

Anton Paar USA Response

September 26, 2019Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback – we are sorry that your employment with us did not work out. Anton Paar makes every effort to retain employees by providing coaching and feedback but also understands that sometimes separations are unavoidable. We wish you well on your future endeavors. --Human Resources

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 English Reviews