Anzie Reviews | Glassdoor

Anzie Reviews

Updated Jan 26, 2017

3.5
Anzie President Anzie Stein (no image)
Anzie Stein
1 Rating
  1. "Team Anzie"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Anzie full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great culture, supportive environment. When projects get hard everyone is helpful and kind.

Cons

Can't think of anything bad.

Anzie2017-01-26
  2. "Manager"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Anzie

Pros

great culture great company no issues

Cons

nothing much no issue great culture

Anzie2016-07-26

"Not for the faint of heart - Hard work ensues"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Anzie full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Been at Anzie for roughly 5 years, started as an intern... opportunity to grow is there if you're a hard worker and passionate. Family business, so tight knit team and get to touch upon a lot of aspects within the company. Freedom to be creative. Casual work environment. Work and make pretty things all day.

Cons

Family business, at times we all can get a little too passionate about opinions

Anzie2016-02-18

"Production Coordinator"

in Montreal, QC

I worked at Anzie

Pros

there were two dogs working with us.

Cons

very poor environment, the worst company in Montreal ever! The boss and her daughters work with us, and they were yelling and saying bad words everyday in the office. It's an office, come on, nobody should talk loudly in the office. they don't have respect at all. work over time everyday, very low pay, lunch time is supposed to be 45 mins, but normally i got 15mins, too much work, too much pressure, and they don't care about their employees. no benefits, no insurance. family business, no future there. employees don't have time to talk with each other, busy busy everyday. people come and go is a usual thing for this company.

Anzie2016-02-16
  5. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Anzie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's was a great experience working with this company. The management is really nice and always there for you if you have a question or need some help. All the people at the head office are very helpful. The company is giving a lot to the community. It is doing a lot of charitable work so it is definitely a huge bonus knowing that you are working for such a community conscious organization. The compensation is very competitive when comparing across the market. There is always an opportunity to grow and learn new things within the company. Overall it's a family business and working for this company always feels like like you are part of the family. Thank you!!!

Cons

Don't get to see the other Anzie employees too often. Otherwise no cons whatsoever! Great company to work for!

Anzie2015-06-12
  6. "An unforgettable experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON

I worked at Anzie part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Anzie is much more than working in a company, it is working in a family that has a story and values. Thanks to very accurate and update supports I got very quickly knowledge about the brand and jewels. Joanna, Jaclyn and Anzie are always very listening to employees and customers, they also try to satisfy yourself as much as they can. I really enjoyed working for them, it was a very rewarding experience. Thank you !

Cons

I don't have "cons" regarding my experience at Anzie

Anzie2014-05-08

"Production Manager"

Former Employee - Production Manager in Montreal, QC

I worked at Anzie full-time for less than a year

Pros

Jewelry is a fun industry to work in.

Cons

No paper contract. Really resistant to negotiate the salary. I asked if there was any possibility to review the salary in 3 months and the president of the company said " I don't think I will be able to " . And they don't do scheduled salary reviews. They said they could MAYBE raise a dollar after a year which is not enough considering the fact that the position is not well paid and no employees benefits (insurances, pension plans.. nothing). The company is not organized. Employees don't even have the time to talk with each other because they are overwhelmed with the workload , thus, the environment is very poor. I didn't see myself working in a silent environment. There is only one break for lunch of 30 mins (not paid). They clearly have the money to pay the employees a little bit higher but they are so greedy. There are no possibility of growth in the company since they are a family business, both daughters are in charge of all the design, marketing and sales. Their son is responsible for the IT. They are definitely used to having people quit the job the next day.

Anzie2014-04-10
  8. "Three years wasted ending in a successful lawsuit against them for wrongful dismissal."

I worked at Anzie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's not difficult; retail job that pays as much as you are willing to work. The more you care(aka try), the more you earn through commissions.

Cons

Highly mindless as it is repetitive retail work. You work within a large company as an agent for Anzie so the workers from the larger company (who get commissions from what YOU sell) can get jealous if you don't distribute those commissions to them in a way that THEY deem "fair". The structure of this is flawed and creates unavoidable personnel issues over the long term. You must wear the jewelry and Anzie requires you to purchase some (although sometimes they give you credit to spend). The amounts of the credits are not transparent and vary between employees. Wages are not standard and nor is advancement within the company. Raises are not given at specific times (you have to constantly be your own advocate - and track your progress otherwise you may get nothing; neither commendation nor compensation). You must be aware of your employment rights! The company has NO HR in itself and is family-run. They have a record of skirting legal obligations and avoiding employment standards. Keep records of EVERYTHING! Don't trust ANYONE to "be there" for you.

Anzie2013-09-09
  9. "Sales Associate in a Holt Renfrew Store, representing Anzie"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Anzie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The bosses and people are amazing! Everyone is nice and friendly! It is a small family business run out of Montreal and New York. The owners are one family and, although they operate on a high octane speed, they are very kind and approachable.

Cons

The pay is not above the poverty line by very much. Promises of huge possibilies are given but with commissions coming 6 weeks after they are earned, you have to commit to see anything and you're in too deep before you realize it is not a very good paying job. Plus, they will fire anyone who doesn't meet their expectations (turnover is very high with this company, and usually at the employer's option, not the employee's). Also, they have NO professional HR and have allegedly violated several employment requirements (they demand photographs with applications when discrimination on appearance is not allowed in Canada). They are currently engaged in a labour dispute with one former employee who was terminated without cause or notice. Also, the company provides NO benefits save that requied by law (holiday pay and vacation pay accrual). You will NOT get health or dental benefits and there are NO bonuses (unless you ASK Or try to negotiate for them). They will NOT even provide you with an employment contract UNLESS YOU DEMAND ONE.

Anzie2012-10-08
  10. "Very satisfy"

Production Manager

I worked at Anzie

Pros

unique, dynamic , client orientated , fresh designs

Cons

pressure , changing of duties , fast changing tasks

Anzie2011-04-27