Aon Reviews

3.8
Aon President, CEO, and Director Greg Case
Greg Case
1,728 Ratings
Pros
  • "career progression, people and work environment(in 242 reviews)

• "Good benefits, smart and friendly coworkers(in 133 reviews)

• Cons
  • "work-life balance could be improved(in 140 reviews)

• "Be prepared to work long hours during busy times(in 75 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aon and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

AMAZING

Apr 29, 2021 - Billing Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

the people are so nice and helpful. pay is good! benefits great!

Cons

nothing to mention for cons

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Just an okay company, limited career growth

Mar 26, 2021 - Manager in Lincolnshire, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Large global company with a good reputation in the industry - Nice company to have on your resume - Health benefits premiums (for individuals at least) is super affordable - Aon Center is a great work building with a nice amenities floor - Generally positive culture

Cons

After several years, I left Aon feeling very disappointed with my experience. It began with lots of promise and excitement, only to realize my career was growing stale with no where to go for new opportunities. I've seen reviews from employees saying there are options to move around. I didn't find this to be the case, and it has been acknowledged by senior leaders that Aon needs to greatly improve in this area if they want to hold on to talent. Depending on what group you're in, Aon can be boring, where everyday feels the same. My experience with management was good, but I didn't feel they were truly interested in helping me advance my career, despite being given positive feedback about my performance regularly. If you're not in the "inner circle" you'll be easily forgotten about and the high visibility, career advancing assignments will rarely get around to you. Now that I'm with a new company, my eyes have been opened to what a truly great culture feels like and what Aon lacks to be a top notch employer. Many recent reviews have highly rated Aon, but I suspect this will change once the layoffs begin from the Willis Towers Watson merger.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Aon Retiree Health Exchange

Mar 12, 2021 - Benefits Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary with significant opportunity for overtime three months of the year. Exceptional training and company pays for all of your licensing, contracting and certification with about a dozen different insurance companies nationwide. I went from knowing virtually nothing about insurance to being an expert advisor on Medicare related insurance. After 10 years, I I am making about $75,000. Health benefits are acceptable. Most middle management is extraordinarily supportive and works tirelessly To meet the demands of upper management and to equip and support the benefit advisers.

Cons

I have seen system improvements over 10 years, but it’s very difficult to participate in any changes for the good of the company. The middle-management is very sympathetic, but the upper management will not hear the feedback of the people on the ground on the front lines of serving customers. There are many dysfunctional aspects of the computer software, phones system, and various policies and procedures. 10 years ago it was truly like a third world sweat shop, in violation of state labor laws, pressuring us to work through our lunches, work 60-70 hour weeks, and loading us with many unreasonable expectations. Those conditions have dramatically improved over the years, but there is still an over reliance on too few core employees with seasonal contracting with inexperienced staff, leading to negative customer experience, unsatisfied clients, and unacceptable stress levels for staff.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

SF benefits team is great!

May 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The SF team is welcoming and collaborative.

Cons

I don't have a con.

5. 4.0

A great place to work

May 4, 2021 - Marketing Operations Manager in Ciudad de Mexico
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and work/life balance

Cons

There are limited opportunities for advancement

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good experience, room for promotion

May 2, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Resistencia, Chaco, Chaco
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large company with many different lines of business

Cons

Sometimes it felt like you were just a number

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A firm that understands excellent career path development

Feb 24, 2021 - Vice President in Buenos Aires
      Business Outlook

Pros

Aon knows how to develop colleagues, whether they are launching from college or more experienced but coming from a firm that had little to no career development strengths. Their training and development curriculums are phenomenal for those that truly want to learn and grow. The leaders are very strong, very creative and very supportive. Leadership is open to feedback and great at giving it too. They lead with fairness and empathy, which I really appreciate. I notice that colleagues that come from smaller/local private brokers especially thrive in Aon’s environment.

Cons

As a publicly traded global company, they do require a heavy lift on operational activities. However, it’s for good reason and I appreciate working for a firm who knows how to account for data so that I can use it as a client facing consultant.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Benefits, Good Company

Apr 23, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Ciudad de Mexico
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many health care options to fit every need, including dental and vision. The company did a great job during the pandemic keeping employees informed.

Cons

Large corporation so learning all the practices and how they interrelate can be challenging.

9. 4.0

So far so good!

Apr 28, 2021 - Underwriting Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very nice and helpful.

Cons

Have to pass state exam for P&C license within first 6 months.

10. 5.0

Would Recommend

Apr 26, 2021 - Senior Insurance Broker in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, well-rounded business experience, lots of autonomy

Cons

Somewhat rigid pay and promotion sctructure for high achievers, they could serve to hire smarter client-facing colleagues

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,886 Reviews