KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Apeel Sciences Reviews

Updated Sep 16, 2021

Found 80 of over 101 reviews

4.8
Pros
  • "Great group of people from many backgrounds coming together to solve problems relating to food waste and sustainability(in 5 reviews)

• "Great mission, welcoming environment, interesting work(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Apeel is a startup - the only constant is the change(in 3 reviews)

• "So far so good from what I'm seeing(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great people, lots of potential

Jan 15, 2021 - Senior Manager in Goleta, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company is in startup mode and people are friendly & helpful. We're growing quickly and I hope we can keep similar culture as the company explodes in size and sprawl.

Cons

All the Cons are mitigated by Pros! - COVID restrictions limit interaction with employees, but online interaction is stellar and people are staying safe. - Salary is lower than expected, but bolstered by pre-IPO stock option grants. - Staff is new and somewhat inexperienced with the size of company we're becoming so many needed processes aren't in place. But all are motivated to collaborate and develop new processes needed for growth.

2. 5.0

Great place to work!

Aug 9, 2021 - Field Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Highly dynamic place, the company is sustainably growing very fast. Great team work environment. Everyone is very motivated, skilled and committed.

Cons

Nothing relevant. I really like to work at this company.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great potential, poor planning

Jul 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great company mission and values - Kind people & colleagues - Great office environment - Lots of excitement and passion for the product

Cons

- No work/life balance - Lack of awareness of employee health from leadership - No organized path for career development/for promotions - Leadership doesn't communicate clearly or transparently to staff

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jul 23, 2021 - Program Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong culture, people oriented, founders who care, autonomy in job

Cons

Can be long hours but worth it!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nothing short of amazing!

Dec 15, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have always heard about how amazing Apeel is as a company, the rumors are true. The onboarding experience was amazing! I joined the company while being remote and the onboarding experience and communication made me feel comfortable and prepared from start to finish. The onboarding experience was interactive, informative and I feel that it prepared me fully for life as a full time Apeeler. The Saturday before Onboarding, I received a box of swag to my door. Nice touch! Apeel is definitely and exciting company. Their mission aligns with my personal mission which is "working with nature to create a greater abundance for all". Everyone at Apeel lives by this mission and it is clear in the work done by all. I admire the humility of the leadership team..... there is no hierarchy here. Everyone contributes to the companies mission and success. I keep wondering when I am going to see the cracks but things just keep getting better and better. There is so much room for growth and I feel pushed and motivated by my manager. Apeel really cares about its employees and it's mission and it shows through the companies continued success.

Cons

I really haven't experienced any cons thus far!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Apeel has done remote work and culture amazingly!

Feb 1, 2021 - People Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

While remote, Apeel has created and maintained an incredible sense of company culture true to what I've heard it was like pre-wfh. People are friendly, happy to hop on Zooms or calls to discuss things live and appreciate people's work (our Kudos slack channel is so great!). Company values are talked about often and highlighted in all company-wide meetings. Our leaders have been authentic, transparent, and available throughout this time as well. Apeel went remote before any other companies were doing so because they wanted to protect and act in the best interest of employees' safety, and they have made it clear, through their return to work strategy, that we won't return until fully safe. It's so appreciated that the company is not planning on rushing back to the office or making promises of return dates that are not guaranteed, as other companies I've heard of are doing. Overall, I've been incredibly impressed by how amazing this company has continued to be in this remote working world!

Cons

n/a - I love it!

7. 5.0

Best job in my career

Jun 5, 2021 - Technical Field Specialist in Laredo, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff, good pay, communication and benefits.

Cons

Lack of hands on training, onboarding can be too much of things that don’t apply to certain jobs.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing mission and incredible people

Jun 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The executive team truly cares for everyone's wellbeing and has responded to COVID with a very thoughtful response plan

Cons

None that I can think of

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great people

Jun 26, 2021 - Staff Data Scientist in Santa Barbara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission, great people, exciting work

Cons

pay is lower than average

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

May 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

lots of responsibilities, lots of learning, very fast-paced environment, mission-oriented, and the best best best reason to work here is the people

Cons

very very fast-paced growth, without matching that growth with headcount (i.e. a lot of work for everyone, so you will find yourself working many hours when needed)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 80 Reviews