Apex Capital Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Apex Capital Founder David Baker
David Baker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Experience with Apex Capital"

I have been working at Apex Capital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company has great benefits and good work life balance. Seriously an 8-5 job which is hard to find. Company is on top of its game for the industry they compete in. Personal experience- I have worked for good managers who cared about their team and always received training when needed. Have made many good and great friends at Apex.

Cons

People will complain about office politics, but in my opinion making connections with people and asking for what you want is how you get places.

Advice to Management

Be mindful of double standards for employees across different departments or reporting to different managers. Can't uphold rules and standards only when you want.

2. "Overall good company"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Apex Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative work environment, profit sharing

Cons

Immature atmosphere and bias management

"Not a positive one to remember at all."

Pros

Benefits are good such as profit sharing and tuition reimbursement and some of the outings. That is pretty much all I have to say concerning the benefits.

Cons

Cliques OMG in Client Accounting and Account Services there are the worst cliques. It's like being back in high school all over again. If you don't kiss up to the supervisors then you will not get promoted at all. They don't want hard workers, just fans. Those who would tell them what they want to hear and not the truth. I hope upper managment look more closely at these departments and see the messiness of some of the supervisors. They don't do any work but would pass it along to underlings. And then they call it teamwork when you do your peers work, but the last time I checked everyone was paid to do their job and if I am going to do someone else's job then give me their check. This place has caused more hurts to their employees and these two departments are the worst. Beware of the fake smiles and hugs because they come along with knives in your back and broken hearts. They say they care but they don't.

Advice to Management

Get rid of some of these managers that spend more time talking and drinking and partying than they do working. Promotions shouldn't just be just given to those who kiss up but for those who work hard. After all, people are here to take care of their families and not to be forced to make friends with a bunch of immature people. CEO and other upper management staff need to truly be involved with the inner workings like some of these low and mid level managers and listen to the concerns of their employees who have been hurt by their supervisors; whose hearts have been broken beyond repair because of the favoritism and messiness that occurs.

"Alright place to work, but at what cost?"

I worked at Apex Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers. Pay is good. Profit sharing and Christmas bonuses. Work parties are actually fun. Not a cap on overtime either if you are hourly.

Cons

As stated in many of the reviews, certain depts.(not hard to figure out which..) are VERY clique oriented. What you wear, who you get to be your friend, what kind of fake front you put on, etc.. They don't promote based on hard work or skills you have, but rather, how social and in the cliques you are. Never seen so many fake people in one place. It's like being in high-school. Managers need to gain some maturity and learn how to promote properly.

Advice to Management

Learn to promote based on hard work and skills. Not everybody has to be "in your face social." When you promote based on how social somebody is, and then wonder why they can't do the job correctly, it's because you didn't promote based on skills or hard work. Seems like an obvious concept but yet you still struggle to grasp it....Also, don't ask your team to work 10+ hours and through their lunch, if you take one everyday.(This happens quite often) Lead by example...

"Apex Capital"

Current Employee - Client Accounting Specialist I in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Client Accounting Specialist I in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Apex Capital (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing benefits, tuition reimbursement, fun environment.

Cons

Some of the departments can be a bit cliquey.

Advice to Management

Take a look at who you are promoting and why.

6. "Good & Bad"

I worked at Apex Capital full-time

Pros

Open at first, talk a good talk, longevity, great aspirations, open environment for ideas, salaries are decent.

Cons

ALOT of office politics, expectations differ per supervisor per day, inconsistent management through out company and between departments. no communication from upper management.

Advice to Management

Don't take things at face value, things aren't always as they seem. Take a look at your front line management.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Apex Capital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Profit sharing. Fun environment. Great facilities, including covered parking.

Cons

We work hard but have fine while doing it.

"Apex a great place to work"

I have been working at Apex Capital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is the best company I have ever worked for. The culture is wonderful and so fun. The profit sharing is more generous than any place I have ever seen. The wellness program lets you get healthy and earn time off.

Cons

Long hiring process but so worth it.

9. "yearly"

Current Employee - Account Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Account Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Apex Capital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

lots of pros, profit sharing, free lunch every month, free coffee, soda, drinks, laid back fun atmosphere

Cons

do not have any to comment on

"I second the "Hypocrite" review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Apex Capital (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working at Apex. The benefits were good and there are definitely some amazing people there.

Cons

Just as mentioned in a previous review there are a few people, mostly in upper management, that are very TOXIC and are a far cry from the image the company attempts to portray. They constantly make excuses for these people instead of getting rid of them and in turn have lost some very good employees.

Advice to Management

Quit tolerating people because of who they are! I understand that one in particular is a mute point, but there is no reason to keep the others. They are poisoning a good company!

Apex Capital Response

Sep 6, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you had some positive experiences and were able to enjoy your time at Apex on the whole.

We work hard to make Apex one of the best places to work, and... More