Apex Capital Reviews | Glassdoor

David Baker

1. "Apex Capital"

Current Employee - Client Accounting Specialist I in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Client Accounting Specialist I in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Apex Capital (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing benefits, tuition reimbursement, fun environment.

Cons

Some of the departments can be a bit cliquey.

Advice to Management

Take a look at who you are promoting and why.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Apex Capital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Profit sharing. Fun environment. Great facilities, including covered parking.

Cons

We work hard but have fine while doing it.

3. "yearly"

Current Employee - Account Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Account Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Apex Capital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

lots of pros, profit sharing, free lunch every month, free coffee, soda, drinks, laid back fun atmosphere

Cons

do not have any to comment on

"I second the "Hypocrite" review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Apex Capital (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working at Apex. The benefits were good and there are definitely some amazing people there.

Cons

Just as mentioned in a previous review there are a few people, mostly in upper management, that are very TOXIC and are a far cry from the image the company attempts to portray. They constantly make excuses for these people instead of getting rid of them and in turn have lost some very good employees.

Advice to Management

Quit tolerating people because of who they are! I understand that one in particular is a mute point, but there is no reason to keep the others. They are poisoning a good company!

Apex Capital Response

Sep 6, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you had some positive experiences and were able to enjoy your time at Apex on the whole. We work hard to make Apex one of the best places to work, and ... More

"Favoritism. If you don't kiss butt, forget about getting promoted."

Current Employee - Client Accounting Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Client Accounting Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Apex Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supervisors love to hold meetings about how to boost morale and how to get us to work harder so that they don't have to stay after 5 to finish the work. (Or in the case that they don't stay... they don't have to feel guilty or look bad in front of the other supervisors for not helping) It's a good time waster. :)

Cons

Supervisors like to preach about transparency, confidentiality, open door policy, etc. But wait, don't express any negativity ever, you may get pulled aside and warned. Basically put on a pseudo always happy persona and agree with everything and you will be fine. Smile and nod, smile and nod. :)

Advice to Management

Look at what lower level management is doing. Don't just assume that everything is going well and that they are handling everything well. Why do you think there is so much turnover lately? Do supervisors understand how costly it is to hire new people/train new people/lose seasoned people?? Granted, not all people in higher positions have taken a business course but come on. Its common business sense.

7. "Great place to work. Company truly cares about its employees."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Apex Capital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the folks work very hard to grow the business and bring new customers to Apex Capital. Management not afraid to make investments to bring new technology to the forefront.

Cons

Sometimes internal policies get on the way of conducting business. I would suggest to review some of these to male a more seamless customer interaction.

Advice to Management

Sometimes we focus too much in new technology when we can place more emphasis on customer interaction and provide the legendary customer service.

"Somewhere I belong"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Apex Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Apex they are great people, a great owner and great benefits. Highly selective hiring practices results in high value contributors on the team.

Friendly environment and open lines of communication contribute to the well being of the organization.

Profit sharing is paid on a quarterly basis after a year of service to all Apexers. Who doesn't like a nice bonus?

Finally a place where you can look forward to coming to work and make a real difference.

Cons

The hiring process is lengthy, thorough and time consuming, but it is well worth the time and effort to become part of Apex.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Remain engaged with the employees and continue to listen to our feedback and concerns.

"Seconding the "weird cult" review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Apex Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The wellness program is pretty cool. The company gets fruit delivered weekly and provides it for free to employees which is also nice.

Cons

Some of the phoniest people I have ever met in my life work for this company. It seems all well and good the first few weeks until you realize how clique-ish everything is. There were several employees who constantly gave me nasty and judgmental looks and were outright rude even after months and months of working there and being nothing but nice to them. If you ever want to get into management, good luck. There is no shortage of nepotism or favoritism in this company, not to mention they literally promote based on appearances and fashion choices. If you ever question anything about the company or their decisions, prepare to be treated poorly regardless of their "open door policy." Basically, if you don't fall directly in line with their culture which apparently constitutes literally never being upset or having a problem with anything, then this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Don't make poor decisions and then completely disregard your employees feelings on the matter while simultaneously boasting about how open minded you are about feedback.

Apex Capital Response

Apr 14, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

It sounds like our efforts to create a warm and inviting environment weren’t reflected in your experience to the degree we intend. We will use your feedback internally to build awareness of ... More

"Weird Cult"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Apex Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work benefits, decent pay.

Cons

High school like environment. When you're new everything is great, until you start realizing how phony everyone truly is.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Actively listen to your employees. Don't just say you do.

11. "Great Culture"

Former Employee - Client Accounting Specialist II in Merritt Island, FL
    Former Employee - Client Accounting Specialist II in Merritt Island, FL

I worked at Apex Capital (More than a year)

Pros

Apex values their employees! Everyone is recognized for their role in the company, no matter how big or small. Great wellness program, holiday parties, casual dress code.

Cons

The pay scale is on the low end. However, there are quarterly bonuses (profit sharing) based on tenure.