Apex Companies, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
David Fabianski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very accommodating with regards to work life balance (in 3 reviews)

• Great company, very happy with the experiences I had there (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours are expected, with 50 (in 5 reviews)

• Low pay, no room for growth, micro management and VERY high turnover rate (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Apex Companies, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of people with extensive knowledge and always willing to help, teach, train, and learn.

Cons

So far, I haven't found any cons, but time will tell as there are always quirks with any company

Apex Companies, LLC Response

May 15, 2017 – Senior Manager Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. While no organization is perfect 100% of the time, we strive to always put our people first.

2. "Project Manager/ Estimator"

Former Employee - Project Manager/Estimator in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Project Manager/Estimator in Rockville, MD

I worked at Apex Companies, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Apex was a good environment until they were bought out and new administration came in.

Cons

They where very demanding and installed numerous tasks onto the shoulders of the project manager-estimator.

Advice to Management

spread out the work load or hire more people to assist

3. "Great culture and career opportunity"

I have been working at Apex Companies, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like everyone I work with, from the CEO down to field staff. The culture in my office is that there is a work/life balance, and as long as you meet your goals, there isn't a lot of pressure to work more. People come to work refreshed, not burned out. Also, the company sees its talent as its biggest asset and goes the extra step to present career growth opportunities through tracking, feedback, collaboration, and training. If you are a self-starter, ambitious, industrious, a leader, entrepreneurial, etc., you will thrive in this company.

Cons

Quite frankly, the name. Too trite; up there with Acme, A-1, and AAA. Seriously, though, there isn't much to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep this company nimble, responsive, and competitive. Take care of your best staff and make the necessary investments in resources to realize the potential. Listen to what people are saying about ways to improve.

4. "Get out"

I worked at Apex Companies, LLC full-time

Pros

Awkward environment. Management looking to blame you for something at all times

Cons

Some cool coworkers and support crew

Advice to Management

Get rid of some toxic management

"Stay away if you are developing a career in IT or Accounting"

I have been working at Apex Companies, LLC full-time

Pros

The company is profitable and has a lot of work in the private sector.

Cons

My main goal of this review is to encourage folks to STAY AWAY from Apex Companies, LLC. if you're looking for employment in the fields of IT or Accounting! The company needs to feel the consequences of the way they treat people, and as a result, find it difficult to hire qualified personnel going forward. The leaders of these groups have no moral compass or integrity and will abuse your dedication. There is no career path within these organizations because folks are hired under the false premise of gainful full-time employment, but are cast asides once the immediate priorities are solved.

My advice is to look elsewhere and stay away from this toxic environment.

Advice to Management

Start managing the company as if you are planning to maintain a going concern and not for your own personal benefits. It appears you're only interested in selling the company and getting your piece of the pie. Remember, the employees are trying to support their family's too!

"Senior Staff"

Current Employee - Senior Staff
    Current Employee - Senior Staff

I have been working at Apex Companies, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some nice people to work with (varies from office-to-office), competitive pay and benefits, and can work from home sometimes (depends on office)

Cons

Be wary of those who have been at Apex for less than 1 year and give the company greater than 3 stars - they're still on their honeymoon. I also thought that Apex was a great company, but I was sadly wrong. Apex promotes managers that have no business managing other humans (expect a bullying mentality from management), expect a 95% utilization rate (don't expect this to go down - even after years of service), be given a competitive offer based on a 40-hr work week and then have management tell you that they expect 1.5 times more hours worked than what your salary is based on (apparently, if I would "like to make it to the next level" then I need to work 60-hour weeks). There is not a lot of comradery within the office.

Remember this: you are a money making unit at Apex. You come to work and plug into the "machine", you feed the machine thru billable work, you got out and try to get new food for the machine (because the machine is always hungry for more food), you unplug from the machine at the end of the day and go home exhausted and mentally wasted - do not expect any thanks, gratitude or appreciation for making any extra efforts.

Advice to Management

It does not make sense to hire chess players and then treat them like chess pieces. I've seen great consulting companies (Forbes magazine top 100 companies has several of these stellar consulting practices if you'd like an example), and Apex is sub par. If you truly want to attract and then KEEP talented people, then you need to take a good look at revamping your "Formula for Success". You have such a large emphasis on and are so busy with "Running a cost-effective organization" that you've lost focus on treating people like humans. Perhaps find managers that are kind, compassionate and enjoy mentoring. Thanks.

"Environmental Technicain 2"

Current Employee - Environmental Technician II in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Environmental Technician II in Midland, TX

I have been working at Apex Companies, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

More freedom, flexible work, independent work, help from manager and co-workers, 40 hours work, no weekend work,

Cons

No overtime, less pay, not enough training, nobody knows some aspects of work, nobody can help you to troubleshoot mechanical/electrical issues, figure things your own,

Advice to Management

Train and show how environmental equipment's work: compressors, pumps,

8. "Consultants Woos"

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Apex Companies, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fairly good pay, but expect alot of overtime. Benefits not great.

Cons

Perpetual, great work today, but what will you do for me next year. Typical consulting.

Advice to Management

Set realistic growth goals

9. "Accounting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Apex Companies, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate office does have a group of professional people, they were great to work for.

Cons

Dallas Texas office, horrible environment.

Advice to Management

Do not work for the Dallas Texas office, bad environment. Not professional at all.

"Environmental Scientist"

I worked at Apex Companies, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Gained a lot of experience working on different types of jobs
    -Worked with with good people

Cons

-Low Pay
    -Poor office morale
    -Everything is about utilization, which means you get sent to jobs that you have little to no experience working on just to stay billable
    -Politics between regional offices is bad. Offices will send crews 3+ hours from the office to keep work for themselves so they can remain billable, even though the work might only be an hour from another Apex office

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, and get rid of all the annoying program roll-outs the Talent Team and Safety Committee keep doing.