Apex Companies, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Fabianski

Pros
  • Great company, very happy with the experiences I had there (in 4 reviews)

• Very flexible, understanding, great for entry level work or getting your feet wet (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • As with all consulting, sometimes you have to work long hours to meet deadlines (in 5 reviews)

• Low pay, no room for growth, micro management and VERY high turnover rate (in 5 reviews)

1. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Rockville, MD

I worked at Apex Companies, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with Apex was a great experience, and I have to admit I was very saddened to have resigned my position. The company is extremely employee centered, second only to the company's commitment to its clients. As a recruiter for the company, I was able to be involved in many programs and initiatives for best hiring and onboarding processes as well as employee retention; and gain a backstage perspective of all the time, thought, and effort on behalf of the company to hire the best people; and make sure they are ALWAYS treated as such. Everyone is treated equally and with respect; and it can make all the difference during a stressful day to run into the CEO at the coffee station and have him not only take the time to notice, but also ask sincerely if there is anything he or anyone else can do to help- and a reminder that his door is open, as it always is.

Cons

None really. When I was hired, I was allowed to telecommute for the majority because of the length of my commute. Some restructuring took place, and I was asked to commute daily; but as much as I loved my job, it just wasn't realistic. That's the only reason I am not still employed with them and was very sad to say goodbye.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Working for other companies since being employed with Apex has given me a greater appreciation of the professionalism and comradery within the company. No matter what your title is; everyone is treated with the same outstanding level of respect and appreciation.

2. "Accounting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Apex Companies, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate office does have a group of professional people, they were great to work for.

Cons

Dallas Texas office, horrible environment.

Advice to Management

Do not work for the Dallas Texas office, bad environment. Not professional at all.

3. "Tech 3"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Pros

Made good money when had jobs,

Cons

Closed minnesota location, so employees out jobs

Advice to Management

Little to hard on employees when shut down office

"Only as a last resort..."

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Midland, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Midland, TX

I worked at Apex Companies, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many. Ok if you need a job and don't plan on staying long. If you are a graduate student, they will try to accommodate your class schedule. No dress code and flexible hours.

Cons

Many. Limited time off. Vacation and sick time are combined into PTO. For most, this is 10 days per year. With 27 years experience, I got 5 more days. Cost of benefits is ok for an employee, but if you have dependents, it is expensive. No bereavement time. They will "allow" you to use PTO. Salaries are low. I struggled to get raises, promotions, and bonuses for my staff. After a year and a half, I had all I could take and resigned. I had a great group of people to work with and I wish them well.

Advice to Management

No use, they really don't listen. This is the most deceitful group of individuals I have ever worked with.

Apex Companies, LLC Response

Feb 15, 2017 – Director

While we appreciate your feedback, the information you posted is not accurate. Senior level employees are offered 4 weeks of PTO annually, and junior level employees are offered 3 weeks. Apex's ... More

6. "Manageement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Apex Companies, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company. Allows employee to be all that they can be. Provides good balance between technical/scientific/business skills with customer service in the forefront.

Cons

Not a good match for individuals that are not customer service orientated, self motivated, gets satisfaction from a job well done, or unable to accept full ownership of behavior.

Advice to Management

Do not lose small business integrity.

"Great projects. Lots of opportunity."

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Apex Companies, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Many opportunities for valuable experience and career advancement, particularly for hard workers and motivated individuals.

Cons

Corporate expectations for growth and individual/group productivity are relatively high, though incentives are offered if goals are achieved.

"Mediocre"

Former Employee - Geologist in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Geologist in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Apex Companies, LLC (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, Nice Location Downtown. Great HR and Admin team.

Cons

Repetitive work. Long hours are expected, with 50 + hrs a week being the average. Poor Management and Communication. High turnover and salaries below industry standards leads to an inability to attract quality talent and retain junior to mid level staff. Is owned by a Venture Capital and Equity Firm so for ethical scientists and engineers it can be difficult when science and data integrity takes a back seat to maximizing profit.

Advice to Management

Treat junior and admin staff with respect and consideration.

"Rewarding Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Urbandale, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Urbandale, IA

I have been working at Apex Companies, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started 10 years ago as an Environmental Scientist that was primarily field-based. I put in my time and learned the Apex business (literally) from the ground up. I'm currently a Senior Project Manager and very content in my role. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement as long as you follow one of the key principals Apex was built on, Client Service. Advancement is all up to each individual. Be willing to put in the time and concentrate on internal and external clients and your Apex career will be rewarding.

Cons

We are constantly trying to grow, which is a good thing. Growth relies on adding talent. Finding and keeping the talent can be difficult at times. A lot of times, people are unwilling to put in the time.

Advice to Management

Continue the growth mindset and continue to reward your hard working and dedicated employees.

10. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Pros

Great company, very happy with the experiences I had there. Quick advancement with added responsibility. Very personal atmosphere within local office. Upper level executives were also very approachable. Great mix of opportunities.

Cons

Long hours, marginal pay, micromanagement

Advice to Management

Continue developing young staff. Limit micromanaging.

11. "Crew leader - Not much to gain"

Former Employee - Crew Leader/Technician in Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Crew Leader/Technician in Burnsville, MN

I worked at Apex Companies, LLC part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only pro is the amount of hours you get. If you're looking to work long days every day for a few months this isn't the worst job

Cons

No room to grow, they look at every employer as temporary because literally 90% of the field technicians, crew leaders, or environmental scientists quit. You're just a body to them and they try to get as much as they can from you.

Advice to Management

Need to work on being more organized. When a crew finishes a long week of work you shouldn't have to tell them to do another job week in and week out due to your lack of planning.