Apex Energy Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Michael Foit

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you are self-motivating and disciplined you can make a lot of money working 20-25 hours a week (in 6 reviews)

• The Work/life Balance was a comfortable attribute (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • as a junior partner you are paid based on the performance of someone else in a door-to-door scenario (in 6 reviews)

• Senior Partner will not happen all a story looking for slaves not leaders (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The Pursuit Of Perfection....."

Current Employee - Senior Partner in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Partner in Houston, TX

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ive worked since I was 16 I started at Popeye"s tossing chicken. I'm 31 now, I've worked for many companies and I been humbled doing some of the dirtiest jobs and some of the most physically demanding. Then the owner of Apex gave me an opportunity to work there. I was afraid, I'd never been in sales but I did know one thing anything was better than working 80 hours a week and never seeing my family. So I tried it. I have never been so challenged in my life before. I appreciate the atmosphere and what this company stands for. This is the type of culture people want to be in. I have been challedged in ways I never thought, I have learned that in order to succeed in this company and in life you have to live our Spartan culture in your everyday life. (Its hard to tell someone your about integrity when you don't practice it everyday get it.) That said here are some Pros of working here.
    You have the freedom to make as much or as little as you want here.

It feels good when you go have lunch and see the all people stuck in there lunch hour
    desperately trying to eat in there allowed time and your free from that hustle and bustle.

The opportunity to Invest in people

The opportunity to meet some new people everyday.

You work with a real team of people trying to push you to be better than you were yesterday.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Cons

Its a sales Job and if you have thin skin and don't like to hear NO. You probably won't succeed here or anywhere at that.

It takes effort and hard work( i put these in the con sections because a lot of people think these are a burden and want life handed to them) If this is your position this company is not for you.

2. "Freedom"

Current Employee - Senior Partner in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Partner in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are self-motivating and disciplined you can make a lot of money working 20-25 hours a week. Best part is you get to work with a great team for a company that has a lot of integrity.

Cons

You MUST have discipline.

3. "So grateful that I found Apex."

Current Employee - Junior Sales Partner in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Junior Sales Partner in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions part-time

Pros

Continued training for improving sales performance. Awesome bonuses for hitting sales goals. The best quality window for your money. Best group of people that I have ever worked with. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Commission based. Some weeks you'll make an incredible amount of money and some weeks you may not.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

4. "Great hours. Great pay. Great mission."

Current Employee - Senior Partner in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Partner in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have a six-figure income and I work around 30 hours a week. I have enough time and resources to pursue other passions I have. If that weren't cool enough, I also feel like I'm really making a direct difference for the customers and revolutionizing the industry. And it's great to watch my Junior Partners be successful and overcome their own challenges.

Cons

As a Junior Partner, knocking doors can burn you out mentally and emotionally. As a Senior Partner, the fires that need to be put out can be a real pain in the neck and working most of the evenings interferes with a lot of community events.

Advice to Management

Move quicker on the innovative technology. They have announced new technology products, say they'll be done very soon, and then take over two years to produce them. Why don't we have digital contracts yet? We are behind other companies in that regard, when we should be ahead.

5. "Junior and Senior Sales Partner"

Current Employee - Senior Partner in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Partner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

To some people this is a pro, to others, it is a con. A job with this company is a true/raw sales job. This means a couple of things
    1) you don't go to sit in an office everyday.
    2) you don't punch a clock
    3) You are paid on performance (there is a reason sales people are the highest paid employees in America, if everyone could "sell" there wouldn't be justification for someone who can do it to make a lot of money from it.

Here is what you can be rest assured on with Apex.
    -The training is industry leading. minimum 3 weeks for a junior partner, minimum 6 weeks for a Senior partner
    -The system works. Apex has gained national recognition for it's product/approach and rapid growth, because they invest A LOT into the training and fostering of their employees who put in work. A company would not be on the INC 5000 list or in Entrepreneur magazine if what they where doing wasn't legit.
    - This is a growth minded system/company. Apex cares immensely about their customer satisfaction, but they care about the positive growth and development of young sales/business/entrepreneurship minded individuals just as much. This specific part of the company has changed the course of my life forever. I know very few people who grew up in poverty and are now on a direct course to true financial freedom because of the skills they have learned at their workplace.
    -If you follow the system they have perfected over the last 20 years, not only are you going to help the customers you deal with in a very big way, but your income and free time will rise up like you have never thought possible.

In a sales position, there will always be excuse makers who will write terrible review on a sales company (read reviews of literally any other company that is sales based), however, this is a company that puts ethics and value first in all that they do. I have had junior partners who where not a good fit of the position, and others who view their time at Apex as a life defining decision.

Cons

In the same way that this job has many benefits that cause growth in an individual, a lot of the same benefits can serve as downsides for employees who would prefer to punch in a punch out without being challenged. This job is hard when you do it, but that is what comes along with making 4 times more per hour than the average working person. If you are a young person who is willing to dive into something that can change their life, then there are very few cons.

6. "Decent, but be prepared to work."

Former Employee - Juniors Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Juniors Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun company, lots of opportunity to make a lot of money if you're good at the job. Fun company outings for good sales weeks.

Cons

The owner can be abrasive. When he's upset, literally everyone knows it and is afraid to speak up. You can't rule through fear

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to work with your junior partners, they don't want to fail. A ride along goes a long way.

"Sales Representative / Junior Sales Partner"

Former Employee - Sales & Marketing Executive in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Sales & Marketing Executive in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

Lots of fake promises. Opened market was leader for 6-7+ months and added 0 more employees. Senior Partner will not happen all a story looking for slaves not leaders

Advice to Management

Stop lying. Promote from within and don’t lose good people because of incapable owners

Apex Energy Solutions Response

Jul 20, 2017 – Director of New Media

`Here at Apex, our call to action is “A Better Way.” We will always aim to foster a high-achieving and growth-oriented environment. As with any business launch, there are many learning... More

"I am time rich and I have no commission caps"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seven Months ago I was coming off of a career that gave me a healthy income that I had worked to the top of the ladder in my field in. However I averaged 65 hours a week in order to do so....thus I told Apex when I interviewed that I had two interests. One, to gain full time pay equal or greater than that position with a fraction of the hours worked, and two I wanted to be promoted within a year. I currently work about half the hours and have exceeded my pay grade in the process. Finally, I was promoted in 6 months and will double that pay in 2017. Apex Energy Solutions carried their end of the bargain and then some, and as the title alludes to...I play more than I work and never am capped on the commissions I make. I had only dabbled in sales before this, and Apex trained me to succeed in this field. #truth

Cons

I am a transparent person...so I will let you know that the Jr. and Sr. sales positions require being a self starter. If you cannot motivate yourself this might not be a fit for you.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in quality aggressive people because I want those people on my team!

"Really good people. Some corporate changes need to be made"

Former Employee - Junior Partner in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Junior Partner in Tampa, FL

I worked at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Create your own schedule, work life balance, great technology, real and honest pitch, amazing bonus incentives

Cons

Commission based where hourly or weekly compensation should be implemented. as a junior partner you are paid based on the performance of someone else in a door-to-door scenario

Advice to Management

Great people to work for which include the franchise owner, national developer, and senior partners. The core values were certainly admirable. With as much effort everyone puts in to hit goals, the incentives aren't anything to be taken lightly, keep up the amazing ideas. Heavy advice to Mike Lopez is to cut out the arrogant and negative demeaning attitude towards other partners. There isn't anything motivating through your Interactions with individuals including the most important Monday morning meetings. Maybe a seminar in leadership skills may not be a bad idea. If the suggestion is taken seriously, perhaps you may be more respected by your peers. Respect is earned and definitely not commanded.

10. "This is a great opportunity if you love sales!!"

Former Employee - Junior Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Junior Sales Representative in Houston, TX

Pros

The Junior Sales Partner position in Houston TX was one of the best job experiences of my life. The management truly cares about you and your success and they are willing to invest time and money into developing you into a sales machine. It's not an easy job at all, more than likely it will be one of the hardest jobs you ever take on if you're new to sales, but it will also be the most rewarding.

Jimmy Vitulli (Owner of the Houston Branch) is a leader in every sense of the word. He truly cares about each one of his reps and is willing to go the extra mile if you just ask. I had been consistently late for a period of about two weeks and instead of getting angry, he took the time to talk to me and ask me why. Through a lengthy discussion we resolved the issue and I was never late again. I gained immeasurable respect for that man and if he called me today needing anything, I would be there.

Cons

The position is commission only (small training bonus). If you're new to sales there will definitely be a learning curve and it would be wise to maintain a side job until you become an excellent rep. If one of your contracts cancel, you may not find out until you pick up a check and that is a kick to the gut but keep on moving forward!!

Advice to Management

Increase communication between Junior and Senior Sales Partners. Make group pitch work mandatory once a week just to be sure no one falls through the cracks and everyone's pitch is on point even if they think they're already perfect. Let reps know in advance if their check will be shorter than what was celebrated at Monday meeting. Keep a small portion of the deposit ($200?) if a client backs out of recision period and give that money to rep in order to pay for gas and vehicle.