Apex Energy Solutions Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2020

4.4
Apex Energy Solutions President Michael Foit (no image)
Michael Foit
Pros
Cons
  • "Some say this is door-to-door, but if that's what they were doing, they were doing it all wrong(in 11 reviews)

• "100% commission which if you haven't done before can take a while to get used to(in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"If you’re looking to change your life, look no further."

Current Employee - Senior Sales Partner in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Make you own schedule, unlimited income potential, inspirational culture.

Cons

You have to actually work, if you’re looking to show up for a paycheck, this position is not for you.

Continue reading
  2. "Fun Culture Plenty of Opportunities For Bonuses"

Former Employee - Junior Sales Partner in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Apex Energy Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

Complete Freedom over your schedule. Value entrepreneurship. Many opportunities to make bonuses. Great Culture.

Cons

Little training and guidance. Must learn on your own. Commission only.

3. "Life Changing Experience"

Current Employee - Junior Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

When I first started working at the Seattle Apex I was honestly terrified. I have been a blue-collar construction boy for nearly the last decade who had no sales experience other than waiting tables if that even counts. I was making fine money at my job and had no real reason to do Apex, plus the skepticism rang in my ears for quite some time. I thought long and hard about where I was at in life and where I wanted to be. I realized that I could work an hourly job, play it safe and sound, learn all the tricks to my trade, and live out my days with a sure thing. OR, I could invest in myself and take my future into my own hands. Working for 100% commission is probably one of the scariest things you can do. I was drawn into that lifestyle because it naturally kicks you into gear! I have a friend who works at Apex and would tell me all about how great the team aspect was and how he genuinely looked forward to going into the office for team meetings just because of how awesome the culture was. Everything was starting to sound appealing to me. I was shaking in my work boots with fear but it was a thrill I couldn't find anywhere else. I quit my job, I started my Apex training and within my first month out of training changed my life in such a way I can't express on paper. Not only have I succeeded financially but Apex has a way of showing you who you really are deep down. It has a way of eliminating your fears, showing yourself courage and strength along with making you realize amazing things are possible with hard work and a little trust in yourself. The people/culture, flexibility, and how the job itself brings someone out of me I never want to leave are what keeps me coming back every day. I recommend this job to anyone who feels stuck, bogged down, needs something new and to push them, and isn't afraid of hard work. The road to success is never easy but it starts with a simple effort and an open mind. Take a chance, invest in yourself, trust yourself, and refuse to let yourself down. If you do all those things you will be successful at Apex.

Cons

This job is not for the lazy, easily offended/triggered, someone looking for the "easy way out", or someone who lacks patience or work ethic. The ones who put in the effort become their vision.

4. "Major growth, both personally and professionally. Very supportive team."

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions

Pros

Being a Junior Partner at Apex has allowed me to grow significantly personally and professionally; from being fairly introverted this job has pushed me in ways to achieve what I thought wasn’t possible. I am also able to work alongside the most supportive team - from myself to everyone else that has stepped foot in our door - the leadership team really cares about everyone’s success, which is sometimes rare and in sales is typically all about competition. There is great camaraderie and a familial feeling of inclusivity with the whole team. There is also a lot of success recognition, including frequents team events. It is a great job for anyone looking to get their feet wet in the sales world, whilst also keeping their options open for the senior partner (six figure) position. The company promotes from within, so it’s all about how hard YOU work. 25-30hour work with with pay that can easily surpass minimum wage! Just know your pitch and be consistent.

Cons

Full commission can be hard to get used to, sales can be up and down and there are no benefits. Mental toughness, persistence and consistency is key, but people tend to be a lot nicer than you expect. The summer time is a lot easier to earn bonuses than typically winter, with the ease of extended daylight and better weather conditions, as you’re predominantly working outside.

5. "That Apex Lifestyle"

Current Employee - Executive Senior Partner in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Where do I start! Four years ago I was lucky enough to start my Apex journey. It was refreshing to have an opportunity to be paid what I'm worth grow quickly within the company. Apex is extremely developmental, has a fantastic culture and is on the forefront of technological advancement! With the support of the whole company I have gone from entry level Sales Rep to Executive. They don't stifle you but instead embrace your success and entrepreneur spirit. I have grown personally, professionally, financially and I love waking up every day knowing I work for Apex Energy Solutions!

Cons

As long as you are positive and execute it's hard to not be successful. Much like any sales/marketing position be willing to handle rejection and grow from it.

6. "It's one big family"

Former Employee - Junior Sales Partner in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Apex Energy Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Apex is an amazing company with a culture I never thought existed in the professional world. The top attributes I was looking for in a company coming straight out of college were: mentorship, opportunity for growth, and a fun/energetic culture. Apex provides and exceeds all of these. The Motivational Mondays (is what I called them) were incredibly inspiring and helped me become the person I am today. This is not an easy job. But every moment was worth it. The hands-on training that was provided gave me a confidence in myself I've never felt before, as well as the courage to continually grow as a professional. We all worked very hard, and were able to celebrate even harder after meeting goals. We had fun with one another while continuing to grow our professional careers. I would not be the person I am today without Apex, and I will always be grateful to everyone there who had a hand in my experience! I was lucky enough to be at the headquarters in Indianapolis and see the CEO on, almost, a daily basis. Him, as well as the senior partners, can see the potential in people and make a point to recognize you. I was never just another employee - no one is. I was a part of the Apex family.

Cons

While this is a commission-only position, the potential income is uncapped. Every week there were new incentives and bonuses to be made once reaching a goal. Some say this is door-to-door, but if that's what they were doing, they were doing it all wrong. It is not door-to-door - it's all about selection. That was the fun part for me. Every time someone asked me about this position, I wanted to reiterate that because it is a common misconception. Some weeks were better than others as far as compensation. However, the team is there to help you, provide feedback, and encourage you.

7. "Great Team"

Former Employee - Junior Sales Representative

I worked at Apex Energy Solutions full-time

Pros

Apex strives on teamwork. Everyone works together phenomenally and is willing to help one another. Not only do they motivate one another to reach goals individually, but work hand in hand to be successful as a group.

Cons

Some days are more difficult than others, but you can always take a moment and reboot your day at anytime.

8. "Only the strong survive!"

Current Employee - Senior Partner in Denver, CO

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Set your own schedule and be responsible for your weekly compensation. Learn invaluable communication and leadership skills. Make lots of money.

Cons

Sales is not for everyone. If you do well, you do very well. If it’s not a good fit for your personality you could struggle.

9. "A Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Junior Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

This incentive based job is fun, well-paid and very educational. I have been consistently trained to hone my skills and my sales numbers continue to go up. My coworkers are great and my boss/trainer is demanding, yet understanding. This is a perfect job for someone who sets goals and does whatever it takes to reach them. It is great to work for a place that compensates you well for the hardwork we put in.

Cons

No base pay may be a 'con' to some. Another con is that the majority of work is outside and this is Chicago.

Continue reading
  10. "I LOVE THIS COMPANY!"

Current Employee - Director in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The opportunity within this organization is huge. The environment is one that encourages both personal and professional growth, and everyone here will challenge you to be better -- it's the Apex way.

Cons

If you're not malleable and willing to grow, this is not the organization for you. Come hungry and ready to learn and you'll be surprised what you can achieve. You will only be rewarded for results here.

Found 130 reviews