Apex Energy Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 11, 2019

4.6
Michael Foit

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "My favorite part is there is true work/life balance" (in 9 reviews)

• "Opportunity to make a lot of money" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "as a junior partner you are paid based on the performance of someone else in a door-to-door scenario" (in 8 reviews)

• "100% commission, but that provided the ability to make a great income" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Parnter in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Parnter in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Apex has been a wonderful experience. Team environment is motivating and competitive. I have worded in sales management for years - the training received at Apex is by far the best I have seen, enabling all team members with the tools necessary to succeed. My favorite part is there is true work/life balance.

Cons

I don't see any cons. Management does a great job of preparing everyone for the position. No surprises.

2. "Great company. Great people to work with. Great pay."

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Apex challenges you day to day but offers so much opportunity and freedom that comes with it. Everyone I work with truly wants you to succeed and will always be there to help you, it is a true Teamwork environment.

Cons

100% commission. It can be easy to get burnt out if you go a week or two without getting paid. If you overcome that "mind game" then you will be just fine. Everyone always bounces back if that happens to them.

Advice to Management

Everything you're doing is great.

3. "Awesome People/Pay/Work Environment!!!"

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not only is everyone at Apex very friendly and a pleasure to work with, the job itself is the best. The pay for Junior Partners and Senior Partners are both awesome, and you are hardly EVER working more than 25 hours a week. Still have so much free time to do what you love, while still making more many than your peers who work twice as much.

Cons

Training can be tough at times, but that's honestly a good thing because it gets you as prepared as you could ever be to do the tasks at hand. This is a commission only job, so being prepared is necessary. People are often scared by jobs that are commission only, when in reality if you work hard and stay competitive, you'll be making much more than a full time job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing!

4. "ok to work and make money"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

make ones schedule, deal with public

Cons

commissions may not be everybody's cup of tea

5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Partner in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Partner in Provo, UT

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best culture I have been around. Employees are treated like family. Best product and service in the industry. Unlimited income potential

Cons

Sales calls are mostly nights and weekends.

6. "Perfect Post Graduation Gig"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Partner in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Straight out of college, I knew I couldn't spend my career behind a desk. Luckily I found Apex whom has created the perfect entry level position where you have the opportunity to create your own schedule, earn exponentially more than the entry level norm, and best of all grow your career within the company. Not only are you granted access to top tier sales techniques, but you also are guided to become the most successful version of you possible. No experience required made it a perfect fit for me post graduation. If you commit 100% the business model is fail proof!

Cons

Not for the faint hearted. As a company that thrives in the sales industry, you cannot lack confidence in your abilities to seize opportunities.

Advice to Management

Continue to make this the perfect opportunity for entrepreneurs.

7. "Great culture! Great work/life balance!"

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Set your own schedule. Great bonuses both monetary and non-monetary. Great opportunity for advancement. Management preaches a work/life balance. Management is always available for training so ensure your success.

Cons

Good amount of cold calling but they have a CRM System to help with that.

8. "SLC Office, awesome culture, competitive, fun environment."

Current Employee - Recruiter/Junior Partner in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Junior Partner in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work for the SLC, Utah location. The work place is flexible, AWESOME people, great environment. The owner and other employees are trusting, enabling. People want you to succeed and will help you in that. Great place for people who want to work, who are coachable, and want to succeed. Fun, competitive work environment.

Cons

Sales positions are commission only + bonus. So if you are motivated you can make A TON. If not, you will eventually leave.

Advice to Management

I work for the SLC location, which is awesome. It is a franchise, and so I'm sure the rest of the company is awesome as well, although I'm only reviewing the SLC market.

9. "Thriving Culture and Out of the Box Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Partner in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rewarding sales environment for those with all levels of sales backgrounds, but possibly most suitable for those with no sales experience. I had no professional sales experience previously and now make more than I ever had in previous workplaces.

The uncapped financial opportunities and a strong support system, coupled with the thriving office culture serve to facilitate what has come to be known as The Apex Difference.

Cons

It’s sales.

Income fluctuation is the name of the game; but a level head, a willingness to communicate a desire for help when necessary, a sensible approach to financial management - interspersed with occasional splurges, of course - and a firm grip on the plow can keep one steady regardless of the season.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

10. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Junior Sales Partner
    Current Employee - Junior Sales Partner

I have been working at Apex Energy Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, great pay, top-level quality of product and service. These people really do take care of homeowners and their homes.

Cons

Pay fluctuates a lot, but if you work hard you will make MUCH more than other entry-level sales jobs.