Apex Investigation Reviews

Updated Feb 23, 2021

Apex Investigation CEO JR Robles (no image)
JR Robles
1 Rating
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best investigation company I have worked for

Jul 5, 2019 - Claims Investigator in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is good here. Management treats you well and help you become proficient in what you do. Good benefits. Work is enjoyable and workload is fair. Great stepping stone to get to anywhere you want to get in life. Good work/life balance. Overtime available.

Cons

increase the pay for mileage a little, gas is pretty high now a days. long drives work alone

President

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and advice. We are so happy to hear that you feel like the management team helped you become proficient in your career because that is what we strive for. We understand that our investigators work remotely, and it definitely can feel lonely at times, as there is not much interaction with other staff members due to the nature of the position. We hope to improve upon this in the future by creating more staff get-togethers within each department. We are happy that you were happy while working with us as Apex!

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Its an okay company to work for

Feb 23, 2021 - Field Investigator in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent for this company

Cons

Not worth all the stuff one has to deal with this company

3. 2.0

Pros/cons

Mar 3, 2020 - Field Investigator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent for all that has to be endured.

Cons

Long drives. Solitary job. Management will blame you for things that are out of your control. Follow protocol, and will be told it is not protocol. Constantly contradicting themselves.

President

Thank you for your review. We encourage our employees to express their concerns so that we can try to create a better work environment for everyone. Unfortunately, the Field Investigator position comes hand in hand with long drives and being alone. Our hope is that Field Investigators stay connected with other Field Investigators, as well as management, so that they do not feel isolated. Additionally, management understands that some things are out of the Investigator’s control and would not place blame on the individual. In order to address staff concerns we: • Have an open door policy • Provide staff with President and CEO’s e-mail address and phone number • Provide staff an anonymous online suggestion box APEX’s leadership team is committed to improve the culture and work experience for all of our staff.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A Good Place to Work

Jul 16, 2019 - HQ Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is progressive. The President cares for his staff and takes time in investing in them and their potential. He has high hopes, goals, and aspirations for APEX. As an employee, your ideas will be heard. There is an open door policy with management as well as the CEO. Upper management is flexible. The midtown location is fun and makes the office a great place to be daily. They make an effort to get together once a month for a BBQ outside at the office. Holiday gatherings are fun. Pay is fair and there is opportunity for growth, financially. I can see APEX taking off and growing to in many aspects and areas.

Cons

Management could use coaching when it comes to looking at employees as dollar signs instead of the value they provide to the organization overall. Employees sense it and their enjoyment and loyalty to the job deteriorates. High turnover from this makes it difficult to grow the company.

President

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We want the office to be a place people want to be and to have a positive workplace culture. We definitely don’t want employees feeling like dollar signs and management is always looking for ways to improve, so thank you for the feedback. We will continue to be as transparent as possible and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

5. 4.0

Transcriptionist

Jan 2, 2019 - Transcriptionist in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere and life/work balance

Cons

Little to no room for advancement

6. 1.0

Horrible

Jun 3, 2019 - Investigator in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

40 hours schedule Ok pay

Cons

Everything, You’ll spend more time emailing staff than actually doing the job.

President

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns. We are sorry that your experience at APEX did not match our intention of being the best place you have ever worked. We definitely don’t want you emailing all day and want you to feel like you are thriving in your career. We encourage our employees to speak up in order to address their concerns. In order to address staff concerns we: • Have an open-door policy • Provide staff with President and CEO’s e-mail address and phone number • Provide staff an anonymous online suggestion box

7. 1.0

Field Investigator

Jan 25, 2019 - Field Investigator
    Business Outlook

Pros

None, none at all. And, that’s sad and telling

Cons

The absolute worst company experience. Management is dishonest (they speak out of both sides of their mouth), they do not care about their employees whatsoever, they violate numerous state and labor laws, HR is there to protect the best interests of the management- not balanced with employee rights / laws. There is a great amount of “favoritism”, if you are drinking buddies with management you’re treated preferentially. The CEO is not engaged with the team, he obviously does not care about the ethical and morale treatment of his employees. They tend to say one thing and do the exact opposite. When issues are called out, it’s obvious management scrambles for answers because they are out of the loop and then point fingers. The sales team is a joke and blame any negative client consequences on the field Investigation team. This is a classic organization that leads by fear and not true leadership. Cronyism at it’s finest!

President

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns. Our staff are the heart of our business and APEX is committed to making their experience with us among the best in the industry. We encourage our employees to speak up in order to address their concerns. In order to address staff concerns we • Have an open door policy • Provide staff with President and CEO’s e-mail address and phone number • Provide staff an anonymous online suggestion box APEX’s leadership team is committed to improve the culture and work experience for all of our staff.

8. 1.0

Sales

Aug 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Apex is very organized and you will have the nicest co-workers. The president very clearly cares about the employees. You are unlikely to ever get injured on the job since they take the greatest precautions to prevent any long term injuries. Monthly bbqs are pretty fun.

Cons

Unfortunately, this is a one size fits all management style. If you don't like it you can leave. The management relies on passive aggressive emails, spying on each other, tattling, and gives little to no praise for a job well done. People will is regularly watch you to see if you are on your phone, getting enough work done, taking too long of breaks, talking to people, etc. Of course some oversight is needed, every company needs some, but the level that Apex goes to is extremely childish. The COO can be very rude and unwilling to work with you. Meetings are very uncomfortable. You are unlikely to get a raise, even if you are doing your job properly and there's hardly any room to advance your job or change. Additionally, the work can be extremely boring. I'm not really sure what the values of this company are, but certainly not the employees! The culture can be cold, mundane, and passive aggressive. I wouldn't recommend this for a long term place to work, but, there's a high turnover anyway.

5 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

High Turn Over / Toxic Masculinity

Jul 18, 2018 - Editor in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

pay, that's it, downtown location is nice

Cons

overworked, micromanagement, constant belittling, high turnover, toxic masculinity

9 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

Feb 22, 2016 - Administration in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, flexible, flexible Good pay HR is always there to help Great office environment

Cons

I don't have any cons and am really in disbelief about all the negative comments. Be a good employee and APEX will be good to you.

1 person found this review helpful