Apex Merchant Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Andy Frankel

1. "Love my job!!!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Advisor in Ocean City, NJ
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Advisor in Ocean City, NJ

I have been working at Apex Merchant Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for Apex Merchant Group for over 3 years and I love it! The team leaders are there to help and support you throughout the day. And if for some reason your team leader is unavailable, there's another one ready to step up to the plate and treat you like you're one of his own! The CEO, COO, and Senior VP of Sales are all down to earth and supportive of everyone's success. This is a very lucrative job and I've proven to myself time and time again with this company that hard work DOES pay off!!

Cons

Like any sales/commissions job, you have to actually work (and yes some days work hard) to be successful. This isn't a "sit at your desk and collect a paycheck" job. But if you're willing to put forth the effort and listen to your team leader and apply their advice, you WILL be successful!

Advice to Management

Honestly, all i can say is keep doing what you're doing! I love the help and support I get every day, no matter what I need! There's always someone in management available for their employees and merchants!

2. "Horrible!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Plano, TX

I worked at Apex Merchant Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are paid every week and the pay is ok before they start the high insurance high turn over seems to be catering to the younger group that wear less clothes

Cons

Not enough resumes, there are no company values. Andy Frankel has a lot of money s he dies not have to be nice to you

Advice to Management

The name changes are beginning to be a problem and the management varies it goes from 1 person to another. The company is always being sued

3. "Honestly the best job I've ever had.."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Jefferson City, TN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Jefferson City, TN

I have been working at Apex Merchant Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm making more than I ever thought possible! After you prove yourself the team leader will always be there to help you, and make sure you're successful. I LOVE this job!

Cons

It's really hard at first, if you don't have any money. It's straight commission. You think living pay check to check is rough? Try living commission to commission as a newbie in sales!!! HOWEVER, if you can make it through the first month, U R N THERE LIKE SWIMWEAR!

4. "A really bad apple in an industry that seems full of them."

Former Contractor - OUTSIDE SALES in Whiteville, NC
    Former Contractor - OUTSIDE SALES in Whiteville, NC

I worked at Apex Merchant Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to meet a lot of new people.

Cons

They promise pre-qualified leads, but most customers didn't know I was coming. The customers are routinely mislead and I felt as if I was lead to mislead my customers as well. It is commission based and commission were not at the level I was lead to believe. Overall, Apex says whatever they think someone wants to hear to get them into contracts that are costly to get out of.

Advice to Management

Have some integrity.

"Poor Business Sense"

Former Contractor - OUTSIDE SALES in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - OUTSIDE SALES in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Apex Merchant Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Leads are provided without cost to contractor.
    Potential for good pay.

Cons

Merchants are not allowed to cancel appointments.
    Bad BBB rating.
    Bad reputation overall.
    Poor customer service.

Advice to Management

Revamp your customer service and sales method before you go under.

"False Appointments"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Apex Merchant Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get the job.

Cons

The "so called" appointments are bogus. My first and last day was 11/19/2012. I drove over 60 miles to two appointments and both owners were never informed. They never received a phone call and had no interest in the products. Walking in stone cold is soliciting and rude. This company's appointment policy is completely fake. Don't waste your time! The 5 hr training class is also BS! Anytime you can get a sales job without a background check, drug test, or reference check means that the company is hiding something. Also this company was rated "F" by the BBB on a scale from A+ to F.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth or find another job.

7. "Job"

Pros

They will send you on appointments. If you are good at sales I suggest it.

Cons

No salary or benefeits, no 401 k, no insurance

Advice to Management

Nothing

"Made a lot of money and connections"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

Pros

1. APEX has great commissions, love the pay structure
    2. Wasn’t sure about APEX but once I got started it was obvious that they knew how to help me in the field.
    3. I saw some of the negative postings, It’s been nothing but a good experience for me
    4. I can tell that they really care about how they treat their customers; I have nothing bad to say about them.
    5. I love getting paid daily; I don’t have to wait a week like lots of other places I worked.
    6. APEX makes it easy, fun and I love the way that I feel like I’m getting the best support possible from my Manager.
    7. I have written 48 deals with APEX and only had minor issues. I get a big bonus once I write my 75th deal.
    8. So many companies out there are full of it, I love the way that APEX does what they say they are going to do.
    9. Last week I made $1,900! Love this job!

Cons

The only Downsides are the hours. When you're trying to make a ton of money, you have to work alot...

Advice to Management

None really. A good program...