Cover image for Apex Systems

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "Good pay very well pay(in 184 reviews)
  • "Great people and very competitive(in 142 reviews)
  • "Great culture and tons of potential!There are a lot of tenured employees to learn from and utilize as strong resources.(in 94 reviews)
  • "Great communication from recruiters and their managers; helpful and quick to reply.(in 50 reviews)
  • "The uncapped commission is really what enticed me and 2 years later it is what continues to drive me.(in 47 reviews)
Cons
  • "No benefits unless you want to dish out half your paycheck for hardly any coverage.(in 257 reviews)
  • "poor management from both HR and the Client(in 80 reviews)
  • "The base salary is low and it can take a while to get your feet running.(in 69 reviews)
  • "We had a tool that would find managers names and telephone numbers, but we only had 2 logins for the entire district of 60+ account managers.(in 54 reviews)
  • "You have to be on board for at least a year to get any time off(in 53 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of Apex Systems and is not affected by filters.

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Found 2,195 of over 4K reviews

Updated Dec 4, 2023

1. 5.0
      Dec 2, 2023
      Technical Support Specialist
      Roanoke, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Jared Bryant and Apex Systems are the best all around. He made the recruitment process very easy and prepared me to hit the ground running in my new role. He followed up and always returned my messages or calls and quickly answered all of my questions with thorough replies and generally showed interest in my feelings about the role. he made a great match with myself and my new company. I truly enjoy working with Jared and Apex.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a positive review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with our company and specifically Jared. If you have any additional feedback you would like to share, please email us at contractorcommunity@apexsystems.com. Thank you!

Nov 30, 2023
        Help Desk Technician
        Current Employee, more than 1 year
        Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home - no office hours needed

Cons

Piss-poor management worse communication reprimands for simply asking questions +70% Employee Turnover Rate (Walk on eggshells or you may get fired)

We apologize for any difficulty that you experienced while working on your contract. We would like to hear more about your experience, and any other issues you may have had so that we may address these issues. Please send us a detailed email to contractorcommunity@apexsystems.com. Thank you.

2. Join the Apex Systems team
        See Our Latest Jobs
          Sep 21, 2023
          Senior Technical Recruiter
          Former Employee
          Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, all the pros have disappeared

Cons

Base pay is so poor, I’m not sure how new recruiters do it in higher COL locations. Things like client approvals are completely out of the hands of the recruiter, but if they don’t pay, you don’t get paid which adds up thousands of dollars lost income due to the commission structure. Over 3/4 of branch employees said 1 or fewer days in office and now we’re up to 3. Upper management says there is flexibility but in certain offices, lower management rule their branches like a dictatorship and do the complete opposite of what their leaders tell them and just want to micromanage you. Recruiters have 0 need to be in the office, AMs are in the office 25% of the time on in-office days so there’s literally no point. Still take meetings over zoom/teams and communicate through teams while in the office. It’s all a joke. 90% of recruiters have 0 job security and will likely be fired or forced out within 2 years.

We apologize for any difficulty that you experienced while working with us. We do appreciate the feedback and encourage you to share more about your experience, and any other issues you may have had so that we may address these issues. The email to use is feedback@apexsystems.com. Thank you.

Nov 30, 2023
            Professional Recruiter
            Current Employee, more than 3 years
            Richmond, VA
            Business Outlook

Pros

- Kept busy in your daily activities thanks to people dumping their work onto you. The day goes by pretty quickly. - They promote a work-life balance that allows you the opportunity to work over 40 hours a week with no overtime, working 10 hour days. - Work culture where people will contact you off hours expecting tasks that aren’t time sensitive be done ASAP - A benefits package that is all encompassing (of your paycheck) if you elect for any type of benefit - Forced philanthropy events, required charity events, and heavy emphasis on ESG through mandatory DEI lectures. - PTO - They will reimburse your gym membership (only up to 20 per month)

Cons

- Incredibly dysfunctional and hostile workplace - Expectation for employees to juggle multiple responsibilities while simultaneously doing their own job - Severe lack of communication on management’s part, but they will demand immediate response or action on anything they send out - Leadership shows little concern for anyone below them, do not accommodate or attempt to meet the needs of the average employee - low level management plays favorites and discriminates on who works what business (at least from my personal experience from the multiple teams I’ve worked on) - Managers have a tendency to make the simplest processes as long and ridiculous as possible - The way they train employees sets most up for failure - Work culture is virtually nonexistent for the regulars (managers and a few select employees get to go on regular all expense paid trips) - They will cut into your commissions as much as possible and look for any reason to not pay you - Toxic employees will look for any opportunity to steal business, candidates, or hurt you for personal gain - Have been known to terminate employees who are in good standing and have no reason - Announced a complete organizational restructuring and have refused to tell us how it will affect us specifically

Hi, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We take all feedback seriously and want to investigate further. Please reach out to us at feedback@apexsystems.com so we can learn more about what happened. Thank you.

1. 3.0
              Dec 4, 2023
              Technical Recruiter
              Former Employee
              San Diego, CA
              Business Outlook

Pros

easier than most "sales" jobs because cold calls are actually appreciated by unemployed candidates

Cons

still always about the numbers, with constant assessment of how you stack up against expected matrices

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are always looking for ways to improve so please email us at feedback@apexsystems.com with additional feedback. Thank you.

1. 4.0
                Dec 4, 2023
                Network Administrator
                San Diego, CA
                Business Outlook

Pros

-Good communication with recruiter -Work life balance -Easy onboarding

Cons

No PTO until after one year of working there.

Dec 3, 2023
                  Security Advisor
                  Raleigh, NC
                  Business Outlook

Pros

You kinda get paid although it's not clear after all the out of pocket expenses.

Cons

They use tricky wording to get you to believe that everything is in your favor. HR may or may not be of assistance. Make them understand the urgency or you'll get nowhere.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear that this experience did not reflect our core values. Please reach out to us at contractorcommunity@apexsystems.com with more details so we can further investigate. Thank you.

Nov 6, 2023
                    Financial Specialist
                    Current Employee, more than 1 year
                    Austin, TX
                    Business Outlook

Pros

The work is fairly easy, anyone can learn the required skills and it's fairly hard to lose this job.

Cons

No PTO, no Overtime, no Bonus. If you take time off for anything at all (appointments, holidays, vacation) you will not receive any compensation.

Thank you for providing us with feedback. We appreciate your input and will be sure to take it into consideration.

1. 5.0
                      Nov 29, 2023
                      Help Desk Technician
                      Former Employee, more than 1 year
                      San Antonio, TX
                      Business Outlook

Pros

I got hired during the pandemic and worked from home there on out. Staff was great!

Cons

I got laid off :(

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a positive review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with our company.

Nov 29, 2023
                        Account Manager
                        Former Employee, less than 1 year
                        Chicago, IL
                        Business Outlook

Pros

Commission pay outs occur monthly

Cons

Commission structure tiered where you might not make commission until several first placements

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,195 Reviews
                      </>Embed

Apex Systems Reviews FAQs

Apex Systems has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 3,944 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Apex Systems to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Apex Systems employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Apex Systems. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

72% of Apex Systems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Apex Systems 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Apex Systems to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance .

Popular Careers with Apex Systems Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

VP of Sales/director of Business Development

During the first screening interview I have been asked at times about my job search status and if I am talking to others. While this is probably a question they have no right to ask, I wonder if there is a right or wrong answer. If I say I am interviewing with 2-3 companies, they may feel it is not worth the extra effort to continue the discussion. If I say I am not actively interviewing, it may be a negative sign. Any idea about where they are coming from? (WFH & free agent for a while)

2 Comments

Recruiting Coordinator

Hello! I have two interviews, one tomorrow & another one on Friday. I'm preparing cause I feel that I'm not very good at them & I hate that. So, I'm researching, taking notes & praying a whole lot lol! Is it okay to refer to notes during an interview? Should I ask interviewer if it's okay? I wanna do my best & feel it'll help some ... a little more confidence I guess!

3 Comments

Arizona State University

Can someone provide insights into what to expect during a DevOps internship interview?

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 3,944 Apex Systems reviews submitted anonymously by Apex Systems employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Apex Systems is right for you.