Apogee Medical Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Apogee Medical Group Chairman Michael W Gregory MD
Michael W Gregory MD

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Opportunity, Excellent Teams"

Current Employee - Patient Information Coordinator in Brick, NJ
    Current Employee - Patient Information Coordinator in Brick, NJ

I have been working at Apogee Medical Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company that helps educate employees with updated pointers and bulletins, allows staff to work out a flexible schedule, self-sustaining work environment, great team building and leadership opportunities within each site.

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities within the company, high turnover rates with employees in certain facilities.

Advice to Management

Increase opportunities for workplace advancement, eliminate quarterly bonuses by increasing all staff in hourly wages and award a yearly bonus to the top 10 programs with a 99.40% accuracy and productivity rate, work closely with each team to increase HCAHPS at their respective hospitals.

2. "Overall review"

I have been working at Apogee Medical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, very relaxed work environment and good management.

Cons

No pay raises, no performance reviews, No opportunity to get to higher positions.

Advice to Management

Dallas is growing at a fast pace and every employer should give some incentives to employees in some form, at least a 3 to 5 % growth in yearly pay scale like every other company does.

3. "Let's Be Honest"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coeur d'Alene, ID

I worked at Apogee Medical Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Depending on what you do for this company your review could be drastically different. From my perspective though on the corporate side, this company could do for some changes. I've notice a lot of current employees posting reviews just to keep the rating high. I get it, but come on zero cons??? Esp. recruiters I know you're job is comfy but it doesn't come w/o stress. As far as Corp goes, the offices are what you'd expect, really nice, and the pay is average for Dallas, Phoenix, and Coeur d'Alene. You can sign up for a local gym membership for just $100/year. Team building events are fun, coworkers are nice for the most part. Every office has a few bad apples.

Cons

Clinical staff doesn't get 401k matching, management is lacking training although they might be good at their job they are not good at managing others, most people are way too overworked - corporate & clinical side, the CEO is a typical rude, full of himself CEO, unless you know him and are submissive to his "boys club" then you get no say no perks and no changes. God forbid you're new and have ideas that could help the company grow and evolve. Benefits just changed and most doctors in the CDA location aren't listed so there's that...

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees more, attend management training - seriously you need it

4. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Apogee Medical Group full-time

Pros

Great place to work, great team environment, great management, family, they care about you

Cons

i don't have anything to say here

"Great, if you are clinical staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Apogee Medical Group full-time

Pros

Non clinical staff in Dallas, are the forgotten people in the company. Pay doesn't match the amount of work

Cons

No training at all. Manager played favorites with her friends who would not do anything.

Advice to Management

Stop showing your friends special treatment and reward those who work hard

6. "Hospitalist"

I have been working at Apogee Medical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Practice in a place where your Directors, Divisional Presidents, and CEO understand medicine and find solutions to problems by asking the question, "what is best for the patient?"

Cons

Cant think of a con.

"Thank god I no longer work at Apogee"

Pros

They have a lot of shiny perks to attract employees. Nice offices, travel opportunities, good benefits, etc.

Cons

Zero work/life balance. You are expected to carry your work phone/computer and work 24/7- even on unpaid vacation days and holidays. The culture is one of tension- everyone is stressed out and constantly talking about quitting. Turnover rate is ridiculously high which creates extra work.

Advice to Management

Increase staff- everyone is overworked and underpaid. Not allowing employees to leave work at the office is responsible for high burnout rate.

8. "hospitalist"

I have been working at Apogee Medical Group (More than a year)

Pros

supportive company, take care of employees well

Cons

many experiences depends on location of hospital and hospital management

"Hospitalist"

I have been working at Apogee Medical Group full-time

Pros

Good work environment. Helpful staff

Cons

No 401 K match. No other cons

10. "Patient Information Coordinator"

Pros

Absolute best company to work for, at least the best I have ever had the pleasure of working for. Feeling proud of your job/company is always a bonus and very rare these days: The feeling as if your job isn't a drag or a chore is the best! Great hours - pay & benefits that show their appreciation for employees. Team work is on point, for most! Talented group of MD & NP. Flexible schedule. Trust in employees. Managers and coworkers feeling as your family and a "home- away - from home" - is a rarity as well.

Cons

I have not run into any cons, don't expect to.

Advice to Management

On my side of the fence having an unsupervised -self motivating job is perfect and isn't an issue for myself and most of my coworkers. It's all about the team work and effort we all put in to get our jobs done and to put our helping hand into Apogee to make a difference. However, my advice to management would be; to make sure your employees are in a positive type of environment where everybody in office does their part, puts in the same amount of work daily, is professional and as motivated as the others, and does not take advantage of the limited supervision by not doing any of the examples listed above. Just to make sure that any complaints coming from trusted employees based off of coworkers that do not do their part, as far as work goes and being a team player. Take action as needed to make their work environment a positive place to be. Make sure their problems they are facing are addressed and corrected, make sure their strong employees will always remain happy and feel just as great about working for this great company as they did since day one.