Apogee Results Reviews | Glassdoor

Apogee Results CEO Bill Leake
Bill Leake

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "SEO/PPC Roles"

I have been working at Apogee Results full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super flexible work environment - if you need to take the day off for doctors appointments, vet stuff, personal things, etc. it is incredibly easy to do so.

There is little to no micromanagement within the organization and the work culture is fun and friendly!

Cons

Sometimes there is a leadership gap - our CEO is amazing and speaks at events, conferences, and is a thought leader in the industry. That said, sometimes internally leadership items fall to the wayside and the services team gets caught playing catch up as a result.

2. "Good People and You'll Gain a Ton of Knowledge"

I have been working at Apogee Results full-time

Pros

This is from an SEO perspective:

You’re going to gain a lot of SEO knowledge/experience working at Apogee.

I was blessed enough to learn from some very talented SEOs while working at Apogee Results). This agency breeds awesome talent (SEO alumni have been Heads of SEO at large companies like Uber/HomeAway, as well as other enterprise level websites).

Additionally, you will be exposed to websites with different nuisances and problems. This experience will expedite your SEO knowledge and skillset quickly. If you are looking to learn, be surrounded by talented people, and put in work, Apogee is a great environment.

There’s opportunity to implement new ideas and procedures.

Good team chemistry

Cons

If you aren’t willing to put in work, and figure things out you probably won’t be a good fit.

Advice to Management

As mentioned in a previous review, continued focus on high quality work, communication, organizational workflows, and attracting the right people are key.

3. "Great group, an agency that does it the right way"

Current Employee - Sales/PPC in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales/PPC in Austin, TX

I have been working at Apogee Results full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of people here, everyone works hard and does things the right way. Management expects hard work but gives plenty of autonomy. This is a great place to learn about a wide degree of companies and industries, but you really have to know your stuff. Don't apply and come in here with limited experience and try to pass it off as true experience. I am frankly a bit shocked by some of the comments I have seen here. Some disgruntled ex-employees I assume, but this is a good place to work with smart people and interesting clients.

Cons

The office needs an upgrade

4. "I Relocated to Austin to Work for Apogee"

Current Employee - PPC Analyst
    Current Employee - PPC Analyst

I have been working at Apogee Results full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Working with a group of people who are as passionate as they are skilled at what they do
    - Learning from Bill Leake's years of experience as a successful thought-leader in the field
    - Diverse clientbase leads to plentiful opportunity
    - Very relaxed, friendly environment

Cons

There are negatives that arise from companies experiencing growing pains in terms of organization, communication, and individual bandwidth - as Apogee grows & develops, those issues are abating.

Advice to Management

Things are trending in the right direction - continued focus on high quality work, communication, organizational workflows, and above all, attracting the right people will lead to Apogee's continued success.

"I should've listened to the reviews"

I worked at Apogee Results full-time

Pros

- You work among brilliant minds, people are good at what they do, as well as passionate
    - Diverse clientele

Cons

- Negative office culture, although relaxed and casual. You work (usually late) and go home. There's a 99% chance that you'll work through lunch or you won't take a lunch break at all
    - Although you work among brilliant minds, people are too busy to train or teach you anything
    - Sexist office environment - very discouraging!

Advice to Management

Work on creating a work culture that will make people want to work for you! Value your employees and get more involved in day-to-day activities

"I'm kind of well, speachless!"

Former Employee - SEO Strategist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - SEO Strategist in Austin, TX

I worked at Apogee Results full-time

Pros

Zero! I quit after my first payroll check bounced on top of being the wrong amount to boot! I really am serious. Who cares seemed like everyone was crazy there!

Cons

See above^^^ Honestly I read these reviews and can honestly say the things I saw in the short amount of time there... Everything must be sooo true!

Advice to Management

I don't have anything as I never really received the full truth or back pay that was owed during the three weeks I spent there.

"Average Company - Good for first job"

Pros

You 'll learn a lot

Cons

Not a lot of direction

Advice to Management

Get more engaged with day to day work

8. "Hindsight is 20/20"

Former Employee - PPC Strategist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - PPC Strategist in Austin, TX

I worked at Apogee Results full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility
    Family environment
    No need to hide the person you are
    Personal matters were handled with care
    Laughing and enjoying being at work

Cons

Compensation low
    Some strings of complete disarray due to management changes
    *Employee assessment and compensation did not align at all

Advice to Management

Stick to what got you a crew that was ready, willing, and able to take on whatever the company needed.
    Be a little more cautious with employee/client assessment, your company may mean more to an employee's life than you think.

"Fantastic company with a great work environment"

Current Employee - SEO Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - SEO Analyst in Austin, TX

Pros

- Educational environment
    - Entrepreneurial leadership with good understanding.
    - Diverse client base
    - Very knowledgeable within their field

Cons

- Need to expand sales organization
    - Wider understanding of the market

Advice to Management

- Focus more on own marketing
    - Make the market more aware of the importance of SEO

"Best Company I have worked for"

I have been working at Apogee Results (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company really cares for it's employees like none I have worked for, and I have a longer resume of experience than many, having worked for both small and large companies.

They try very hard to treat you like a whole person and your personal well being really matters. Treating people how they would want to be treated is their standard. I know of many instances where they have, quietly, gone well above and beyond in providing material and emotional support to their employees when there was absolutely no reason for them to do so, other than their principles. Most of these instances occurred without anyone else in the company being aware of what Apogee has done for the person in question. If you have enough life experience working at various companies, you know just how rare this is.

Company culture values personal responsibility and rewards personal initiative while avoiding micromanaging.

Offers a level of online marketing experience and skill improvement that most companies cannot begin to match.

For the right people, there is an immense amount of opportunity to expand one's skill set, gain a deep and very valuable understanding of various aspects of online marketing, and have the chance to exercise personal initiative on campaigns.

As anyone with any reasonable work/life experience knows, no place is perfect. But I have never worked anywhere where the management has put up so much effort to care of it's employees and to treating them like family. Their desire is for everyone here to feel like it is 'our' company and we are all working together to make it successful for everyone.

Cons

Because the culture values personal initiative and freedom as opposed to a micromanaged atmosphere, it is not the right place for people that lack personal responsibility, initiative, or ethics. The atmosphere is ripe for abuse by the undisciplined, the unethical, and those lacking the willingness to do their part.

In addition, management strives to be very transparent and open with everyone at the company. That means that challenges routinely faced by modern small businesses are not hidden from employees, and some people misunderstand or take advantage of this transparency.

The damage these kinds of employees have caused cannot be understated. Nonetheless, the company has not compromised their principles and continue to hold their standards of how people should be treated instead of becoming a sweatshop. While this is both commendable and very important to preserve, management has sometimes been, perhaps, too generous in the past. They tried to give people the opportunity to develop, both personally and professionally, and sometimes that resulted in people taking advantage for too long.
    These situations have been a real challenge and have hurt the company and other employees on several occasions.

In addition, because we offer our clients a very high level of online marketing, it has been difficult to find the kind of people who either have those skills already, or are willing to gain them in order meet the level of skill we require for our client set.

Consequently, it is very hard to find the right people. This has been a barrier to growth and has created challenges for us. Apogee needs to find the right people culture wise, and needs to be able to grow to the point where it can implement structures to train up those with the right attitudes and ethics, but that lack the skill level our clients expect. At the moment, Apogee has more people wanting to be clients than we can serve, and that puts a lot of stress on the dedicated employees.

Advice to Management

The strongest aspect to Apogee has been and continues to be the principles of how you value and treat people. Don't compromise on this. This has resulted in a core of people who are dedicated to our shared success, and these are the kinds of people that will eventually bring us to be able to take advantage of the growth opportunities we face.

Our most valuable assets are our people. Continue to make finding, recruiting and retaining these people the absolute top priority.