Apollo Education Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Apollo Education Group Director, Chief Executive Officer Gregory W. Cappelli
Gregory W. Cappelli

Pros
Cons
  • They got rid of most of the perks that made University of Phoenix a fun and rewarding place to work (in 20 reviews)

• Upper management pushed their employees to the limit (in 25 reviews)

"Apollo Group -- A Great place to work"

Current Employee - IT Supervisor, Technical Support in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - IT Supervisor, Technical Support in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Apollo Group is recession-proof, pays well and has a wonderful benefits package. They offer a wide array of jobs in many different departments. They also provide employees with the chance to go to school and obtain a degree for free.

The opportunities for promotions and job growth are plentiful at Apollo Group, Inc., and because it is such a large companies, there is opportunity for lateral movement between departments and divisions. If your current job is not satisfactory, you can easily find a job within the company and apply for it without pressure or resentment from management.

They hire family members, and many people work with their spouses, parents, or siblings.

Cons

There is no down side really.

Advice to Management

There needs to be better and more effective communication from senior management to employees, and they need to institute better change management strategies.

"Pull us out of antiquation and prepare us for the imense growth we are bound to undertake."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The wide range of benefits, including comprehensive health coverage and tuition assistance, are great perks. If you show the drive and desire to perform, there are opportunities to advance your career in a multitude of fields. As an employee you are given an unmatched chance to excel both personally and professionally through education and even alter your career path.

Cons

Some career paths may be more difficult to navigate vertically than others and may require you to rethink your career options.

Advice to Management

Focus on your junior employees not as rivals, but as future visionaries for the growth and success of the company.

"Why I work for Apollo"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

If you’re looking for a place to grow then Apollo is the home for you. Working for this company presents your with many different opportunities for advancement. If you want to move on to a different department, campus or company within Apollo you can. Apollo also offers free tuition to any of its educational programs up to a Masters degree and 70% off of their Doctoral programs. 30 - 40 hours of professional development is required with multiple course offerings by their own corporate university. Senior Management has a solid understanding of the education vertical and the company has great stability in this uncertain economic times.

Cons

You won't work here for the Pay

Advice to Management

Develop the talent from within and continue to support training Initiatives for employees

5. "Great place to work for motivated, driven, and engaged professionals"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

This is a great place for motivated, driven, and engaged IT professionals who are serious about building a strong career and future for themselves. Those who are hungry to learn, grow, and share their knowledge will thrive in Apollo IT. My team, work environment, and management are fantastic. I enjoy my work and look forward to coming to work every day. The challenge my work brings, the team I work with, and the engaged and involved managers on my team make it a place I want to continue working. Our team is able to work from home two days a week and our management is very flexible when life happens. Vacation time and sick time are very sufficient and the benefits are affordable.

Cons

Our company has gone through some significant restructuring which can leave a sour taste for some but it is a sign of better things that are either occurring now or are on the near horizon.

Advice to Management

Management should continue listening closely to employees at all levels, conduct appropriate job function and salary analyses and stay tuned to your teams. It is so important to ensure your teams are happy and their needs are met.

"Great Job!"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Apollo Group will be your dream job if you enjoy working with the young professional demographic. In Technical Support, you will work with your friends and enjoy good conversation and be treated fairly by your management team.

Cons

It is fairly difficult to make the switch between a Contract-to-Hire and a Permanent Employee.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that the management keep doing what they're doing.

7. "Good pay, great benefits, opportunities for growth, work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Employee stock option program, free tuition benefits, highly educated workforce, clean and professional environment, New facility on Fountainhead Parkway in Tempe is very impressive.

Cons

It is hard to get in at the Apollo Group. I am a three time University of Phoenix Alumni, and it took me eight years of applying before I was made a formal offer.

"So far so good!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Very open-minded organization. Though change is constant, management I work with is very open to exploring new and better ways of conducting business.

Cons

Some systems, infrastructure, and processes are in state of flux or need to be upgraded. However, this is also an opportunity to help build/grow an already established organization and seems to be a focus within the management team.

Advice to Management

I'm too new to offer any advice. I'll type a few more words to meet the minimum required number of words.

9. "Happy here"

Current Employee - Student Financial Services - Operations in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Student Financial Services - Operations in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Apollo Education Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, great benefits, great merit increases for those who do their jobs.

Cons

Under the microscope by the Feds because of financial aid.

10. "Admissions Counselor"

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Apollo Education Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great company to work for and the job is very satisfying. The employees and management make the experience one of the best jobs I have every worked.

Cons

Very demanding - not really a con but with family it requires 110% of time and since you are dealing with people and there needs it can be draining at times. Vacation and off time is necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to listen to your employees.

11. "In the short time I have been with the company I have nothing but Kudos for the experience."

Current Employee - Academic Counselor in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Academic Counselor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Apollo Education Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are in a team atmosphere where everyone is helpful whether they are on your team or not.

Cons

It is so cold inside that you actually have to go outside to thaw out to resume work.

Advice to Management

Can we go back to incentives such as money raises versus spending millions of dollars on things that we don't need or care for.