Apollo Matrix Reviews | Glassdoor

Apollo Matrix Reviews

3.6
Peter C. Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Lovely People and Good Experience"

Former Employee - Lead User Experience Designer
    Former Employee - Lead User Experience Designer

Pros

Apollo was a great place to get your creative juices flowing, collaborate with knowledgable people and stay hands-on during the entire Design Process. We worked on a variety of different projects, mostly Native Applications for Android/iOS, but had several several Web Projects as well. Like any position, you're going to have your challenges and it's expected that you use your resources to collaborate with those around you to develop solutions as a team. This is a place that values openness and honesty, so take advantage of it. I know Apollo's CEO, Pete will always give you nothing less than his honest and humble opinion.

If you have an interest in helping founders create their Start-Ups from scratch, build Native applications from the ground up and be hands-on during every step of the way, than this is the place for you!

Cons

There is absolutely nothing negative to say about Apollo Matrix.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "A Wonderful Little Mobile Shop with Great Leadership"

I worked at Apollo Matrix full-time

Pros

The President / CEO of Apollo Matrix, Pete Johnson, is a knowledgeable and talented executive, with the cred and chops to back up everything he asks of his team. Fair and patient, he's great to work for and with, especially if your a refugee from a corporate history. He has the keen senses for personality type that are required to assemble and manage a shop full of capable pros, and constantly works to build a great work environment. A rare thing, leadership who "gets it" and knows what is to be done to keep good people in the fold.

Cons

The office could use more parking... otherwise, no cons.

Advice to Management

If anything, I'd perhaps argue that management could on occasion be LESS patient and compassionate, but I feel that'd be a hard thing for Pete Johnson. Leading by example comes naturally to management and the leads at Apollo Matrix.

3. "Apollo Matrix is a great place to work."

Former Employee - Lead User Experience/UI Designer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Lead User Experience/UI Designer in Washington, DC

I worked at Apollo Matrix full-time

Pros

Pete is a great boss that helps employees grow into any role they desire. He is the best boss I've ever had, as a mentor and friend. Apollo Matrix has great clients that I had the pleasure to work with. The best thing about Apollo is that they focus on native apps for iOS & Android. They have a talented development team that does great work. The office environment is laid back and right in the heart of DC. If I hadn't of moved to San Francisco I would still be working at Apollo Matrix. I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking to grow with a great company and build out beautiful apps for clients.

Cons

I had a great experience at Apollo Matrix, so there wasn't any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep getting great clients and building out beautiful apps.

4. "Nice people, but pay was not worth the stay"

Former Employee - Designer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Designer in Washington, DC

I worked at Apollo Matrix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the company is nice, as well as the people they share the building with. It's located near lots of really good restaurants as well.

Cons

The pay ($25K salary) was not enough to cover living costs, food, bills, etc. so it's difficult to establish a savings account. There were also times where not enough relevant work was received so it was hard to build and grow on skill levels.

Apollo Matrix Response

Dec 11, 2015 – President & CEO

An understandable assessment from a person who was hired directly after graduating with a design degree, with little professional experience. Design grads commonly request starting salaries in the... More

"Designer"

Pros

Attended many conferences and had a great team to work with

Cons

Didn't receive enough relevant UX work

Apollo Matrix Response

Mar 16, 2016 – President & CEO

This individual was hired on a 3-month contract directly from university. The individual was not a permanent full time employee.. There was also a violation of our NDA by sharing design assets with... More