App Annie Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

3.9
App Annie CEO Ted Krantz
Ted Krantz
Pros
  • "Free lunch & medical, commuter benefits(in 23 reviews)

• "What I also like is that App Annie is a clear market leader(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "In summary, do not fall for App Annie 3(in 33 reviews)

• "Work life balance skews more towards work than life(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great culture, bright vision and promising future

Nov 12, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Leader in the app analytics and app data analytics markets. - Talented people with strong camaraderie. - Constantly creates new products and features

Cons

- Work/Life balance tends to lean more towards work, but this should not be a surprise when salaries, compensation and benefits are above market average.

4 people found this review helpful

SVP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience so much here. We take great pride in having talented people in our team that win with style as we believe a team is more than the sum of the individual players. Being great as an individual is not good enough. We are ambitious and are motivated by achieving excellence, so that comes with a serious commitment. But please make sure you keep it sustainable, we are running a marathon. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at hr-amer@appannie.com SVP People

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Don't believe what you read - Great people, Really going places

May 11, 2021 - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The market leader with the who's who of clients in the mobile industry. Major company growth, including international revenue, will make the company extremely valuable in the future. Legitimately poised for IPO. A nice base of talented employees who work hard and they are putting their money where their mouth is and paying great wages to attract talent. The company makes a great effort to connect you with other people with a regular donut meet-up for example, and provides all sorts of things from weekly workouts & yoga, to gardening classes, etc. etc. They also have cool benefits like home-office funds, and they will contribute to your home internet & cellphone bill. Depending on what plan you select, you can have zero monthly healthcare costs, which is rare. Solid onboarding approach to get you comfortable with the platform and the market.

Cons

Trying to balance the various timezones of a truly international company can be very hard. Many if not most people, including executives, are working very long hours. Company is profitable and wants to maintain that so coming out of Covid, headcount remains too low in many departments, particularly for an org over $120M in revenue. As a result, the work can really pile up and there's a lot to do across all the different geos. With high growth targets comes high expectations. But, outside of the executive leadership team, there's not much training to the mid-level folks, who are as busy as anyone in the company, responding to pressures from from bottom-up and the top down.

3. 1.0

Worst Workplace Experience Ever

Mar 22, 2021 - Administrative in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, a few genuine people, really nothing else.

Cons

I have never experienced such a terrible workplace experience. Your manager will walk all over you, will, not allow you to work at your best, and belittle you. Major micromanagement even after you have proven years of experience to do the job well on your own. You will do all the work and your manager will take the credit. No room for growth. They will tell you that you have room to grow and then take it all away from you within a few months. The truth will come out sooner or later - Fortunately there are other companies will treat you with respect, actually care about you, and want to see you succeed. Beware of insecure "managers" that will put you down to make themselves feel good.

20 people found this review helpful

SVP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I'm very disappointed to read about your experience as we take value in all of our former and current employees. Feel free to connect with me to discuss further, if you are open to that; hr-americas@appannie.com. I wish you all the best! SVP People

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great for growth + challenging yourself

Feb 3, 2021 - Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great company with a fast-paced work environment. Definitely not for those who just want to coast. Opportunity to really shape things. Leadership has made great efforts towards transparency and brought on great new talent.

Cons

Pressure to move quickly, sometimes without all of the resources you might need. Truly a global company so work-life balance leans a bit more “work” than “life” - but some of this is simply due to the new pandemic work-life balance and less attributed to the company.

SVP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Glassdoor, which gives new candidates a good idea on how it is to work here and if it is something for them. I recognize totally what you share. App Annie is not for the faint of heart, you will be challenged and we take pride in our pursuit of excellence. The great thing though is that you will be able to grow. Great to see also that you have seen our transparency grow, that is something we have actively worked on as an executive team to ensure our great talent knows the context in which we are operating in and enable to make better day to day decisions. I hear you on the work-life balance. Being part of truly global company can at times be taxing. When you add working from home during a pandemic on top of it, it becomes hard to split work from life. I encourage you to embrace the blend instead of fighting it and find a work rhythm that works for you. To give an example, our CEO goes to his home gym for a workout every day to ensure he is refreshed for his afternoon. Find what works for you. We do NOT judge you on your hours and where you do your work. We look at your results. SVP People

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with great people

Jun 9, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people at App Annie are what make this company great. My coworkers are smart, fun, we celebrate birthdays, Annie-versaries, top performance is recognized, and we really care about each other. There was a layoff last month so some ex-employees are understandably bitter, angry and lashing out. But anyone who wants to truthfully understand our culture can just talk to any of us and will see we have a fun culture with great people. What I also like is that App Annie is a clear market leader. It's cool to see the deals come in with a lot of very good customers. There are several new products that will be released soon that will be exciting for our customers. We have all been working from home for a few months because of the virus. The company has gone out of its way to do remote team building yoga classes giving people a break. Also, with all the recent protesting and turmoil the company has offered a day off to all employees to volunteer for a cause we believe in or just recuperate. I really respect the company is proactively helping make a difference. I am glad to be here with my team and want to grow my career to the next level.

Cons

I don't have a good home office so I would like a setup with equipment that makes me more productive

8 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0

Good company

Mar 17, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly environment. not so hectic.

Cons

not that I can think of.

SVP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and your positive experience! SVP People

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Just can't get it together

May 15, 2020 - Product
      Business Outlook

Pros

Astoundingly great collection of individual contributors. Unless you end up in a role with high exposure to company politics, you're sure to enjoy working here. Strong product legacy that the company will be able to coast on for some years to come.

Cons

At the management level, cannot seem to get its ducks in a row. There's a lot of cargo-cultism around trying to recapture the company's former glory, with a focus on the superficial things that seemed to bring success before, like "virality." Such a nebulous vision predictably leads to a scattered collection of efforts that don't really move the needle. No-one on the leadership team seems clued-in enough to customers' actual needs to articulate a product vision that will ensure the strong growth they seek--or even prevent churn of customers in this new belt-tightened economy. Hopefully this has changed in the post-layoff refocusing of the roadmap, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Superficial impressiveness matters a lot at this company. This could be a con or a pro for your career prospects here, depending on your personal strengths.

24 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Strong Brand and Reputation

Jun 11, 2020 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-In today’s environment with Covid, mobile is continues to be important and the product that we sell helps companies to make smarter mobile decisions. Although some customer industries (travel) have been impacted, for the most part, I have had more opportunities from other industries that are highly interested in our product. App Annie is the market leader and the brand and reputation helps to give a lot of credibility to help with closing deals. -I enjoy working with the people at App Annie. They are smart, fun to be around, and helpful. Since we have been working from home for a few months now, seeing my coworkers in person and hanging out with them is something that I miss a lot.

Cons

Since I did not work from home before, my set up is not optimal. I’d like to see how the company can help.

7 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Solid Product

Feb 5, 2021 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Industry leader, great product, lots of upside

Cons

Need to iterate faster and acquire new product

1 person found this review helpful

SVP People Operations

Thank you for leaving such a positive review! Totally agree with you that we need to keep speeding up new product development! SVP People

10. 4.0

Excellent culture and team

Jan 9, 2021 - Data Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great team culture, collaborative environment - Very nice people, fun to work with - Lots of activities to increase engagement and welfare

Cons

- PTO fixed at relatively small number, will not increase with years

3 people found this review helpful

SVP People Operations

Thank you for your feedback and awesome to hear you are enjoying our collaborative culture, we take great pride in winning with style. We believe being great as an individual is not enough, as a team is more than the sum of the individual players. You can see that back in our Data Science team for sure! : )

Viewing 1 - 10 of 278 Reviews