AppDirect Business Development Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
AppDirect Co-Chief Executive Officers Nicolas Desmarais & Daniel Saks
Nicolas Desmarais & Daniel Saks

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "emphasis on employee wellness and work life balance" (in 9 reviews)

• "Free food and snacks( Not that good but its free)" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "This cripples the platform with tech debt" (in 6 reviews)

• "There was a lot of brain drain there" (in 5 reviews)

"Brilliant team, Challenging environment"

Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDirect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AppDirect is a software distribution company. Others might give you different definitions, but very simply, we exist to distribute SaaS, through channel partners, to businesses worldwide. What's great about this business model is that there isn't a single company that has done this before. Similar models were in place for legacy software, but never strictly for SaaS.

This means that you are working on something that has never been solved by anyone else. Not sure what motivates others, but for me, this is incredibly inspiring. There is a huge market opportunity for SaaS channel sales and it is largely untapped.

It is this potential that has driven some of the best and brightest in the Bay Area to come work here. The level of talent that walks around this place can be intimidating. I've always believed that no matter what you do, if you don't have a strong team, you will fail. AppDirect has done a fantastic job to ensure they have the right people in place to succeed.

Cons

The work can be quite challenging. As stated above, we are trying to do something that has never been done before. Inherently this means that there are constantly changing processes and priorities. This is not for everyone.

For those coming from the tech startup world, this isn't surprising. But for people used to process-oriented machines, this might not be the best place.

Additionally, this highly dynamic environment can place an unfair burden on the managerial staff. Individual contributors within the company have more flexibility to adapt quickly, but those with teams underneath them can struggle with communicating pertinent updates and new initiatives to their direct reports.

Advice to Management

Continue to reiterate the massive opportunity in front of us and make sure all our smart people feel that they have a clear path for progression within the organization.

2. "Great technology company with a strong focus on culture"

Current Employee - Sales and Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDirect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AppDirect has a great business solution to solve for the changes in digital transformation. A great strong team environment with a razor like focus on culture.

Cons

Too much time of the sales organisation is spent on selling internally

Advice to Management

Sales people should be spending 80% of their time with customers learning their business problems, not 50% of their time on metrics and inwardly focusing requests

"Best Decision I've Made Yet, Here To Stay"

Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company for less than a year, but here is what I can share of my experience so far:
    - Incredible culture focused on fostering growth and success
    - Opportunity to own more than your defined role and shine within the company
    - Flat org and access to executives at any time
    - Market leading platform that continues to improve and evolve into an industry disrupting technology
    - Working with the largest companies in the world and impacting millions of businesses
    - Great office atmosphere and amazing views (24th/25th Floor, 360-deg view of city and bay)
    - Competitive benefits (Equity, 401K w/ matching, Free Bay Club Membership, Free Healthcare/Dental/Vision, Catered Lunches, and others)
    - Monthly town halls to highlight successes, improvements, spotlight new hires, and share new initiatives

There are plenty of other reasons, but the simplest way I can put it is: this is the best place I've worked yet and I feel like I'm a part of something that's making a difference.

Cons

- The company is still getting to the point of building training tailored to specific roles, meaning expect to be ready to own your role and find the answers - especially if on the business side
    - We operate pretty lean all things considered so the hours can be hectic and unpredictable at times
    - The product and capabilities continue to grow so it can be daunting at first