AppDynamics Reviews in Bracknell, England | Glassdoor

5.0
AppDynamics President and CEO David Wadhwani
David Wadhwani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance (if you are looking for that) (in 10 reviews)

• Its a fast paced environment and I love it (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is not necessarily the best (in 11 reviews)

• Typical growing pains of a start-up growing at this pace (in 16 reviews)

1. "Inside Sales Engineer"

Current Contractor - Sales Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Sales Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at AppDynamics as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

AppDynamics is a fantastic place to work, I personally joined the company a few months ago on placement from another company as a recent University graduate, and while the first few weeks can seem a bit difficult with the training , the pay off is more than worth it for anyone willing to put the effort in.

There are lots of opportunities to travel and meet new people, from a variety of different companies, and the other AppD employees are a lovely bunch of people to work with. There's also a fully stocked fridge, catered meals twice a week and the occasional massages as well!

Cons

Lacking the experience, the first few weeks can seem a bit like an information overload, but once things start to settle in, it gets much easier!

Advice to Management

I think it might be useful for someone like myself to have slightly clearer progression goals or a slightly more regimented training in the first few weeks, but overall great!

2. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

amazing culture, world class leadership team, good career development

Cons

Intense environment and so need to be able to deal with pressure

Sep 23, 2016 – AppDynamics Representative

Great to hear you are enjoying what AppDynamics has to offer! You know what they say -- with pressure comes diamonds!

3. "Sales Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great place to learn about technology (software)! As well as other aspects of Business - you'll get a chance to learn from the best in the IT industry whether it's internally at AppDynamics or our customers.

Cons

It's a rewarding role because it's hard work - it's hard work because there's so much potential for what we offer to the market even just getting to everyone is a challenge!
    It's not a place for drifters!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! & don't loose the culture

4. "Brilliant company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brilliant, inspirational management.
    Great company embracing new ideas and great at listening to them.
    Fantastic product.
    Great room to expand your career in the direction you choose - work hard and you will achieve great things!
    Amazing culture throughout the company.
    Loved working here and made many friends.

Cons

No cons from me - too many pros :)

Advice to Management

Management are fantastic - keep doing what you are doing!!

Jun 6, 2016 – Social Media and Recruiting Coordinator

At AppDynamics, we truly believe in that you are rewarded by how much you put in. We provide the resources for you to expand and grow your career, but we leave it up to you to determine how you want... More

5. "Game changing for your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just to share a few things....

Career Development - I have worked for a large corporate and now a start up but the difference between the two is day and night. AppDynamics Sales enablement program is just exceptional and the journey from starting here has been phenomenal. They want you to be successful here. The management gives you time and they help you literally plan out your journey. The training you get here from a Sales Perspective is invaluable.

Culture- The culture here is astonishing. They drive a 'Big family' culture here and it really works. Everyone gives you time and helps you. They hire the best of the best so you are amongst the brightest and most talented people. AppD will help you build your network. Its a play hard work hard culture. You have unlimited food and drinks in the office.

Cons

You have to be tough and its not like a normal 9-5 in Sales but guarantee that is will make so better and stronger once you come out the other end and this will set you up for success in every aspect of your life as it teaches you to focus.

Nov 17, 2015 – Social Media and Recruiting Coordinator

At AppDynamics, we really take the time to invest in you and make sure that you are set up for success. From the interviewing process, onboarding, to ramping up, we are there for you every step of... More

6. "Rocket Ship"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great tech, great people and a product that is very relevant to the marketplace. Everybody rallies around Sales in must win accounts and its good to know the team will do anything from pre sales, delivery & support to make this happen

Cons

Growing pains as any rapid Pre IPO with great tech will face. Delivery is getting there now which brings great adoption and Rapid time to value

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and ensure you only bring in A players as you continue to grow

"The most beautiful and revwarding experience I ever had"

Current Employee - Manager Customer Success & Enablement in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you do a great job you will be rewarded with tangible things, as an hypergrowth company there is plenty of opportunities here. You will not find any other place with those ingredients, we have junior people from the University converted into Tehcnical Account Manager in 1 year with 25 years, a Technical Account Manager promoted to Manager in 1 year at the age of 39.

This company expects all from you, but it gives back all as well.

Ths is the place that could change your life for ever

Cons

You have to follow the pace of the company continously. It is extremely challenging and not everyone survives. This company just hires A players, and you have to perform as an A player always, there is no room for other performance kind.

Maybe the only big con is that this envirnment requirs a lot of effort and time, and sets the work/life balance in not a good shape.

If you can take this stresfull environment while being always an A player, you will be really happy and succesfull, but if you don't, you will fail here.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the culture, this is what makes this company different and better form the PoV of the insider experience.

"Life changing and unique, a visionary team of leaders."

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The opportunity to grow, as a professional but also as a person. The ability to work among great, life changing people every day who all want to achieve something special with their lives. To bring technology that ACTUALLY works into customer environments and not have to apologise. Rather, you get praised for how great the solution is and it's made even better by the people who build, market, sell and support it!

Cons

Maintaining a health work/life balance can be challenging due to the hyper growth nature of the business and the desire to keep pace with colleagues.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the culture which made us great, avoid the big company curse and always think about the customer first.

"The next great software company, no. Probably the next BMC:"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-On par with typical SaaS earnings
    -Great place to learn how to cold call

Cons

-Poor/Non-Existent people management
    -Exlusively KPI driven (KPIs developed by mature businesses from a different era)
    -Not at all a Silicon Valley culture. Basically like working for BMC (a very old, very un-silicon valley software company)
    -Culture of intimidation from the Veep downwards
    -Severe cronyism as everyone followed Veep from BMC
    -Long work hours
    -No social balance. You are there to make calls, bring in deals and they pay you. Any kind of enjoyment/banter is looked as taking your eye off the ball
    -Culture is viewed as people who work excessively hard and put AppD above all else. Consistently.

Advice to Management

Won't be taken on board as they already know better than anyone else in the industry