AppDynamics Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
AppDynamics CEO David Wadhwani
David Wadhwani
  1. Featured Review

"Good people, balanced culture"

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits thanks to Cisco Perks and office culture of a startup Smart, hardworking coworkers who genuinely care about helping you out Accessible, down-to-earth executives

Cons

Communication issues of a smaller company transitioning into a large one Sometimes speed is prioritized over quality or planning Still progress to be made on diversity & inclusion in management and sales/ product orgs

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the strategic initiatives and keep honing and editing the priorities to provide clarity.

AppDynamics Response

December 7, 2018Talent Team

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at AppDynamics. It’s great to hear you’re enjoying the Cisco benefits, startup perks, and the people at AppD, including the eStaff team! Diversity in the workplace is important and we’re continuing to focus on diversity and ...

2. "Incredible growth, fun and inclusive, big impact in the enterprise world"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Management culture that listens to feedback and fosters a collaborative and inclusive work environment. Passionate people striving to innovate, push towards new standards, and address customer needs. Many opportunities to grow professionally and personally.

Cons

Growing pains and some processes introduced as a result of fast company growth

Advice to Management

Allow teams to ship solutions as quickly as possible and ensure we do not slip behind the competition

3. "Energizing and exciting: an excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Principal User Researcher in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are amazing: talented and engaged. I feel not only welcomed, but heard and respected. The culture and atmosphere are incredibly positive. The workplace amenities are as high-standard as any startup, but they come with a much better work/life balance!

Cons

I honestly don't have any!

Advice to Management

Keep on being your encouraging, understanding selves!

4. "Software Dinosaur Culture"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Smart people, passionate individuals, potential for greatness.

Cons

Delusional sense of being a large successful corporate company vs. a scrappy start-up that moves incredibly slow due to the practice of working on 100 things at once.

Advice to Management

Follow through on your commitments. CRO - recognize your subject matter experts before making decisions that cripple resources of teams. Enable your teams by helping them push things out vs. projects lagging for months

5. "Fun, dynamic, and innovative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time

Pros

- Fun culture. Really nice, positive people to work with! - Innovative, always changing. - Supportive teams, "get the job done" attitude. - Great work/life balance. - Incredibly diverse.

Cons

None that I can think of!

6. "Great place to make a difference"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

As part of re-architecting the product, there are a lot of challenging problems like scalability, user experience, etc to be solved. There is always enough work and projects for engineers to work on, which is great! Higher management is transparent and listens to your feedback and acts on it. Most importantly, it is an amazing feeling to work for a product that makes such a big difference to the customers.

Cons

Intentions behind new projects are good but sometimes the execution is not right, which eventually results in a failed project. To be fair, this happened in the past and now there is a lot of improvement and focus on execution of projects along with thorough planning.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being transparent and working hard on making sure engineers are heard. In the past, we have invested a lot in projects that either did not see the light or were canned. Such projects can demoralize engineers and soon they lose interest in contributing to the product. I see a lot of change recently in terms of execution on new projects, which is refreshing and is helping boost the moral of engineers.

7. "Overall is good~I like here"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time

Pros

1.Everyone is kind and nice here, super helpful. 2. Code is very hare core..good time to learn something new. 3. Pay is good.

Cons

1. Tools for development is old........ 2.Some benefit is not like internet company. limited pto and holiday off.

"Fast growing company with stable environment"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

-Business is very strong. It is enjoying superb growth ahead of its competitors such as Dynatrace and NewRelic. - Being part of Cisco certainly is beneficial to employees. Cisco ranked #6 on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list. It not only provides benefits like 5 days Volunteer Day Off, generous 401k match and ESPP program, also provides all kinds of training for professional growth. The structured training...

Cons

- As the company tries to remain agile, its business direction can shift very quickly and frequently. Some growing pains here and there. People can get frustrated with the re-orgs, if they don't understand the why behind it. But for some, there might be opportunities in chaos.

9. "Fantastic work-life balance that is intellectually stimulating"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely competitive benefits and perks Startup culture with the security of an enterprise Management that cares for your well being and career progress A transparent approach to management

Cons

As with any sales organizations, the negatives will only be apparent when one can't keep up with the pace and expectations. Everyone is held accountable for their responsibilities. So in short, there really isn't any "cons" that isn't in your control. The best part is the entire team is very supportive and wants to see everyone succeed!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! As long as the core values and culture dynamics of AppDynamics remain along with proper allocation of resources for innovation, this will be a thriving company!

"Brilliant work culture. Great team management with utmost transparency."

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

At the time of this writing, I am a relatively a new joiner (started 3 months back) and already having one of the best work experiences. I am always presented with challenges to take on to improve and learn. So if you are a go getter, this is a place to be. Being acquired by Cisco, we are in a great position to be a part of a giant company along with the startupy culture inherent to AppD.

Cons

Nothing that stands out so far in my short stint here.

Advice to Management

We still have a quota on number of vacation days an employee can take in a year. A lot of newer companies are coming up with open vacation time policy where in the number of days off are not limited and you can take days off as long as your line manager approves. So basically if you are getting your work done, amount of days off shouldn't matter.

Found 497 reviews