KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people here are great to work with and the company cares about their employees.(in 101 reviews)
  • "Great culture and a fun place to work(in 87 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance (if you are looking for that)(in 43 reviews)
  • "Cisco benefits are great and the company mostly embraces a thoughtful strategy to how they treat employees.(in 43 reviews)
  • "Great leadership and sales process.(in 34 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AppDynamics and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Great people and product

Jan 19, 2022 - Solutions Architect in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits, excellent work hours, training is encouraged and provided, most leaders are great and none for me to complain about. Everyone seems happy to help each other out with whatever they need, lots of high skill and talent here. Being part of Cisco makes for a ton of potential connections.

Cons

Not really a con, but, I would like to see the product releases be quicker which I know is being worked on.

6 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice company

Feb 14, 2022 - Technical Leader II
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting technology. Nice people. No high pressure deadlines.

Cons

Not following a structured development process such as Agile or Waterfall. Pretty much a free-for-all and poor prioritization.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

An amazing culture and a great place to work.

May 26, 2022 - Sales Operations Manager in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing and expanding - can't say enough good things about AppDynamics. It was acquired years before I got there by Cisco Systems and Cisco didn't meddle with the culture. You coworkers genuinely care and help you. APM (Software that monitors Software) is a huge growth market and creates a high revenue position and this is Cisco's engine to bridge the gap from being a hardware focused company into being a SaaS company (at least one of them). I left because I was in the wrong role - very transactional. I traded great work-life balance for a new role that was more demanding -but that is what I wanted to advance my career. I'd recommend AppD to anybody.

Cons

There are definitely silos, and spheres of influence but the culture makes it easy to bridge. It's more not knowing who or what is responsible for what during ramp up that is the issue. But again, it's a helpful culture so if you ask enough people you get the answer. Covid and working remote didn't help it may be different not the office is back up.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

AppD's prime is long gone

Apr 20, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can trust the people you work closely with, but outside of that close group, you can't. Some very talented people but they are leaving now. To be successful here, just stay long enough, and you will be promoted because people will leave, and they've nobody else to promote. And then leave.

Cons

The culture is toxic and results from the CRO/CCO. His influence harmed the Professional Service org and oozed into the rest of the CS organization. Support Sr. Leadership lacks vision, innovation, and very little collaboration with other teams. Very little collaboration among the teams. Innovations to improve collaboration and productivity is snuffed out by the poor leaders. The products are outdated, and the competition has surpassed AppD. The company is not customer-centric and would instead focus on its internal metrics. Losing sight of what the customer wants to achieve and what it takes to complete the customer's desired goal.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0

Toxic Environment, zero accountability

Apr 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Meeting great people who share the same experience as you Cisco backing

Cons

- Toxic manipulative leadership - Bad work life balance. Management will tell you to enjoy your down time, and then contradicts themselves by contacting you on your time off to work. Most employees work 10-12 hour days unless you are on a team that can coast with ease. - Leadership in certain orgs offering “promotions” with no salary increase or level increase. - Titles not matching scope of work or level. Observed team leader titles not being equal to one another. The inequality on my team often fell on the woman. Blatant gender discrimination. - ZERO accountability. Seeing a leader continually discriminate, obvious inequality, favoritism and unethical actions. It gets reported by multiple people, and this leader remains in a position of power.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Company culture great on paper but management TOXIC

Mar 27, 2022 - Corporate Account Executive in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool perks, really good benefits under Cisco, 19 -21 weeks maternity leave, 401k match, great stock plan

Cons

Great culture on paper, BUT in practice was one of the most toxic places I’ve ever worked. Definitely a boys club…if you were minority of any kind (person of color or female) you were treated as less than and had to work twice as hard for any promotions. New female managers were the most toxic of all…even going as far as to sabotage multiple people’s promotions simply due to personal judgements and not performance or merit. Managers bad talked reps behind backs and had false sense of superiority for no reason. All the good managers were treated like crap and left. The only people left were unprofessional at best. The talent pool there kept shrinking when I was there, and the only people that got promoted were only promoted because they were all that was left.

6 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

AppDynamics is a great place to work

May 11, 2022 - Enterprise Account Executive in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product that is a market leader Great leadership that helps you grow Great pay structure

Cons

Lots of pipeline generation required to source new opportunities

8. 4.0

Interesting Place

May 14, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very competitive market to work in

Cons

Slow to build new products

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

May 2, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Good future and many initiatives

Cons

Some orgs can be a bit confusing

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Hello

Apr 27, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun Clean Safe Feedback Good

Cons

Conversation Work life Basically Overtime Good

Viewing 1 - 10 of 797 Reviews

AppDynamics Reviews FAQs

AppDynamics has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 852 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at AppDynamics to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, AppDynamics employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at AppDynamics. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

75% of AppDynamics employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AppDynamics 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at AppDynamics to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with AppDynamics Job Seekers