AppDynamics Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 8, 2020

4.4
AppDynamics VP/General Manager Linda Tong
Linda Tong
Pros
  • "Coming to AppD has been the best decision of my life(in 58 reviews)

• "There is perfect work life balance(in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • "We've experienced quite a bit of attrition over the past 12 months due to a perception that Cisco doesn't know "what to do with AppD"(in 37 reviews)

• "Work life balance can be difficult(in 36 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"Its actually pretty good! a real review."

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The people are awesome, the product is industry leading and for the first time in my life I actually have a decent work life balance at a tech company. - A very transparent C-suite who has really stepped up to the plate during this coronavirus pandemic to make the employees feel comfortable and safe. - Financial stability and benefits that Cisco provides. - This may seem weird but I've never felt unethical in this job. It was an issue at both of my previous tech companies so its nice to not have to leave your morals at the door.

Cons

-We've slowly gotten less perks over the years as Cisco tries to control some of the costs associated with a startup culture. That said, the Dallas and SF offices still have some sweet amenities. - AppD can def lack structure at times and some our process could use refining. - Depending on where you work (sales, cs, product etc) some departments arent growing as fast as others so its not like some startups where you can get promoted every year.

AppDynamics Response

A member of the #WeAreCisco nation - HR team

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We love to hear some of your pros: the people you work with, the products being industry leading, having work-life balance, financial stability, great benefits, and how the work environment encourages ethical behavior. Lastly, we thank you for your advice to management as AppD will continue to invest in product innovation, our customers, and our people!

2. "Great Company Overall"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Enablement Lead in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

work life balance, benefits, fun environment with lots of collaboration, unique activities to participate in and very meaningful daily work

Cons

extremely hard to get a raise or promotion - lots of favoritism, very little recognition for hard work

3. "Great place with amazing people!"

Current Employee - Renewal Manager

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been with AppD for over 3 years and have loved the development and growth I've seen here. The people are incredible and you are challenged to grow all the time. I've had 4 roles in 3.5 years and continue to take on new challenges and learning experiences. Our leadership team has really made the company a great place to work!

Cons

Not a lot... some teams experience a lack of work/life balance, but a lot of that is subject to individual teams and implementing your own priority in that regard.

4. "Great company that truly cares about employees"

5.0

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time

Pros

AppDynamics puts their employees first in all regards. The benefits are great and they are very family oriented. The work culture is excellent. They push employees to excel while still maintaining an appropriate work life balance. The recruiting process was also phenomenal.

Cons

none that i can think of

5. "Change is good! Truly lucky to have a career here."

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Richardson, TX

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is changing! Yes, this is a good thing, don't let the 5+ year employees stuck in their way dissuade you. Change is good, change brings opportunity - both for individual contributors and the company as a whole. AppDynamics is consistently breaking records, growing revenue, and outperforming the competition. The product has evolved far past "pure APM" and provides true value at both the IT and business level. -Accelerated career growth -Benefits: weekly massage, snacks/drinks, multiple catered meals, Cisco stock program, 401k match, health benefits, legal benefits, free therapy, etc. -Ability to run your own business and think like an entrepreneur, all ideas are considered -Cisco rated #1 place to work -Cisco ownership - all of the perks, none of the cons. Cisco stays hands-off AppD's culture, but provides tons of financial resources for R&D, headcount, etc. -Cisco's vision for the future is increasingly based upon AppD's successes and culture -Work/life balance is highly encouraged -Fantastic teams to be apart of, highly collaborative, intelligent people

Cons

Have to abide by Cisco's annual evaluation/raise cycle, maximum raise percentage cap, promotions and raises aren't quite as easy or frequent to come by as when AppD was its own company. Pay is competitive but arguably has room to grow - lots of reps have left to competitors or similar companies in the space to make more money, but that's typical in the sales world.

Continue reading
  6. "Innovating SaaS Company with HUGE upside with Cisco backing"

Current Employee - BDR in Richardson, TX

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Room for growth, championship level sales process, collaboration at its finest, work/life balance.

Cons

Turnover rate (depending on how you look at it)

Continue reading

"AppDynamics allows gender discrimination and sexual harassment if you’re a leader"

1.0
    Former Employee - Enablement Labs - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppDynamics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work-Life balance, good benefits and perks, important product, industry leader, mostly good people.

Cons

A well-known, with the knowledge of his boss, took calculated advantage of a direct report by having an extramarital affair and then derailing her career when he was done with her, all while concessions were made for him to continue his career track. He forced her off the team to a different role that was not related to her desired and successful career track, causing her a lot if distress, ultimately leading to her resignation. She was pressured by him to not attend company events, be in HQ the same time as him, etc. Throughout this time, he was very vocal to the rest of team abut his intentions and bragged about his "accomplishment". He intimidated other team members to keep quiet and even lied to HR about the relationship dates as to appear he was following protocol, even though he was with her way before he reported it. This issue has caused a lot of morale issues on our team as this was flaunted right in front of us, causing many of us to quit or start considering quitting. This was reported to HR by her with no actions taken by the company. I resigned yesterday and reported this as well, but I'm skeptical any actions will be taken. Once the Director and his boss caught wind of me talking to HR, they had me walked out of the building by HR, even though I still had a week left. That's what over 5 years of dedicated service to AppDynamics gets you. It's clear that this kind of behavior, especially in this cultural climate, is inexcusable. AppDynamics cares more about sales numbers than doing what is right by its employees, especially ones with limited power. This is not only gender discrimination, but also shows a clear lack of integrity by a company who consistently advertises their focus on culture, diversity, and woman in technology. It's no wonder there aren't more woman working in tech.

AppDynamics Response

Talent Team

We are passionate about our values, including diversity and inclusion and equal/fair treatment of all employees. We take seriously any allegations of impropriety brought to our attention, including this one, which is currently under investigation. When allegations like this are brought forward, we thoroughly and fairly investigate every single one of them, after which we take appropriate actions to enforce our policies and support our culture and values.

8. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for less than a year

Pros

.CEO .Team members . work life balance, .work culture

Cons

No cons as to say. great Company

9. "Awesome company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer In Test in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance Technically sound qe(most of them) Good team Lot of learning

Cons

Less resources for ui side development and testing

"na"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance. Talent Colleagues

Cons

Promotion is too slow. No clear goal.

Found 79 reviews