AppFolio Reviews in Goleta, CA | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
AppFolio President and CEO Brian Donahoo
Brian Donahoo

Pros
  • They treat their employees in sales super well and always promote great work life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Awesome upper management and fantastic company culture (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons to think of at this time (in 12 reviews)

• Customer Success is not appreciated enough - could boost morale with more recognition (in 9 reviews)

"Acknowledge Hard Work and Growth"

Current Employee - Value Added Services Specialist in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Value Added Services Specialist in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AppFolio has a great sense of community and overall culture! Colleagues are friendly, helpful and want to see you succeed. I've been with the company for a little less than 2 years and have had the opportunity to work on two value added teams. I think AppFolio does a great job of helping you thrive and grow in your career. I like that AppFolio acknowledges hard work verbally and in the form of promotions.

Cons

There is a kitchen full of free snacks and drinks, and although there are healthy options you may find yourself reaching for the chips and "un-healthy" snacks more often.

May 9, 2017 – CMO

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on our V+ team. I'm so glad that you've experienced the strong culture and sense of community and that you feel AppFolio has supported you in ... More

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and fun environment to work in. Appfolio is definitely an amazing place to start a career for new graduates.

Cons

I get the sense that many people at the company are very comfortable with their jobs. Now, this doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing! Personally, I would prefer to be surrounded by more aspirational people though. Middle management certainly seems to aspire for a great product, but often lack the inspiration to motivate teams.

Advice to Management

Offer incentives to learn skills outside of one's day-to-day job. Ensuring your employees do great work with their current jobs is wonderful, but training them for larger roles and/or opening learning opportunities for career switches would be phenomenal.

Apr 25, 2017 – CMO

Glad to hear this has been a great place to start your career. Thanks for the suggestion about offering additional skills training!

"Don't believe the hype"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I worked at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bagels on Monday & Wednesday

Cons

Everyone is under paid and over worked. They try to appease and distract you with all the "perks" so that you feel you're getting more than you actually are. Company culture is not the friendly, all-encompassing, all-caring atmosphere they claim. Much more of a frat house/boys club environment than anything else. Hazing, bullying, etc. Do not waste your time here.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what your company culture actually IS. Just because you want it to be one way doesn't mean that you've accomplished that.

Apr 25, 2017 – CMO

Hope you were able to share your experience with your manager and our HR team prior to leaving AppFolio so they could better understand your experience. Sounds like you've moved on to another ... More

"Executive sales leadership needs help"

Current Employee - Key Account Executive in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Key Account Executive in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and great snacks in the fridge! Colleagues are always supportive and willing to help or work through a deal.

Cons

Upper sales leadership is not committed to the success of the sales team, is rude and disrespectful, and has next to zero knowledge of our product.

Advice to Management

(To APM GM or CEO): Replace the current leader with a caring, knowledgeable and passionate leader who will be the face of APM. Someone who would actually learn the product, attend industry events, and who is fully vested in the success of the APM sales team.

Mar 20, 2017 – CMO

Our AppFolio Sales team is focused on the customer and delivering the highest quality sales process tailored to each individual business' needs and goals. We're proud of the customer-centered sales ... More

5. "Amazing company"

Former Intern - Intern in Goleta, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Goleta, CA

I worked at AppFolio as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, people are very happy to be there and extremely motivated

Cons

Loved working at AppFolio so no cons

"Customer Success Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, cool people to work with, decent job experience for future jobs, cool managers

Cons

Nearly impossible to leave the department in under 2 years, extremely heavy work load

Jan 23, 2017 – CMO

So glad to hear you've gained some valuable experience in your role. Customer Success is typically the first job right out of college and is the perfect way to build important skills that you will ... More

7. "Nice company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good culture, good teammates, good work environment. I can't ask for more.

Cons

Santa Barbara maybe a bit boring comparing to cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco.

Jan 12, 2017 – CMO

Santa Barbara....boring!?? No way :) Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as part of our engineering team. We appreciate all the work you do to make our software so great!

"Overall a good company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

culture is great
    people work here are great

Cons

pays are not so good compared to other tech companies
    some technologies need to be updated

Dec 12, 2016 – CMO

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we are really proud of our engineering team at AppFolio!

9. "Software Engineering Intern"

Current Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Goleta, CA
    Current Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

AppFolio has a very great company culture, everyone is very accessible and you get a lot of freedom choosing what you want to do.
    Fast pace agile development cycle helps keeping your focus on the important stuffs.

Cons

Goleta is a small town, there aren't that many activities available for weekends.

"Great People, Poor Pay"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Goleta, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Goleta, CA

I worked at AppFolio (More than a year)

Pros

The people who work at Appfolio are fantastic and truly make the environment enjoyable.

Cons

In my department, we were consistently overworked, and I felt we were greatly underpaid for what we were expected to do. I also felt we were not valued as much as other departments in the company.

Advice to Management

Make sure there is enough staff to cover daily duties and make sure pay is appropriate for the responsibilities of the position.

Jul 25, 2016 – CMO

I agree that the people who work here truly make this a great place to work. Customer Success is a great entry level position, but your right that it can be tough work! Thank you for contributing ... More