AppFolio Reviews | Glassdoor

AppFolio Reviews

Updated March 20, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • Team very supportive of work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Awesome upper management and fantastic company culture (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons to think of at this time (in 12 reviews)

• Customer Success is not appreciated enough - could boost morale with more recognition (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great opportunity to be a part of something unique."

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

By and far, the best reason to work at AppFolio is the people. They only hire the cream of the crop! They are smart, conscientious, and caring.

The product is slick and cutting edge. The Engineering and Product teams have their fingers on the pulse of the property management industry and understand how to release product that really makes a difference in the lives of our clients!

The pay is very comparable to other local software companies for a Success position. And contrary to some reviews, Customer Success offers a lot of room to grow with the company both personally and professionally, but there is a natural order.

For starters, you have to put in time to master the product, which has a steep learning curve and is constantly changing and improving. This can take well over a year, so you have to be patient.

You also have to show middle and senior management you are dedicated to the company and are willing to roll up your sleeves and put your time in. The company is growing a lot and positions are always opening up. If you make it clear that you want to grow with the company they'll advance you.

Cons

It is hard to plan labor needs to meet queue needs, so you can feel overwhelmed at times. The management team is sensitive to it and they are doing everything they can do mitigate it.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent about upward mobility and how and what you are doing to keep the work flow manageable.

Feb 16, 2017 – CMO

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at AppFolio. I love hearing you say that you have to put the time in to master the product and be willing to roll up your sleeves and get the work ... More

"Amazing company, committed leadership, phenomenal product.."

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Appfolio is flat out a fantastic place to work. The company has bred a culture of transparency, collaboration, and care both internally and with customers.

The Executive team is consistent, extremely bright, and cares about the team and our customers.

Sales leadership specifically is committed to the success of every individual and has created a culture of learning, development, and career growth. You could not ask for anyone more passionate about AppFolio and every individual in the sales group.

The product is awesome- it works, it's fun to sell, and customers genuinely love it.

Cons

I find it difficult to think of anything I would change. No company is perfect but Appfolio comes fairly close.

Advice to Management

Do not change too much as we grow.

Mar 23, 2017 – CMO

Thank you for this kind and thoughtful review. You covered many of the areas we really value and focus on - our customers, our team, our culture and delivering an excellent product. Glad to hear ... More

"Amazing Company and Opportunity"

Former Employee - Phone Representative - MCC in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Phone Representative - MCC in Dallas, TX

I worked at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

outlook, managers, team, free food, nice desks, ran very well, works like clockwork, always improving, all around great company

Cons

can't really think of any - for my department, Saturday work was very tough, but thats it.

Advice to Management

Hold some more focus groups.... other than that, keep on your trajectory

5. "Love it"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, attitude, people, and perks

Cons

Beginning to have a corporate feel

Feb 23, 2017 – CMO

Love to hear your pros - culture, attitude, people and perks - these all really matter and I'm so glad you enjoy them. Sales is a tough but rewarding career -- thank you for helping new customers ... More

"The Right Spot to work!!!"

Current Employee - Consumer Relations in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Consumer Relations in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is amazing! Anyone from Mid-management up to the CEO are COMPLETELY friendly and appreciable! Especially the CEO. He is extremely approachable and has a fantastic personality! From day one, you are family. I recommend all my friends and family to check out the career section! EVERYONE I know knows I work for AppFolio. I would say in the 22 years of my professional career, this place ranks in the top 2!!

Cons

No cons to think of at this time. It truly is an amazing place to work!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing... Slow and steady! The culture and growth have truly been amazing.

Feb 13, 2017 – CMO

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! I especially love that we rank in the top 2 places after 22 years of working - that gives you great perspective and makes me proud that ... More

7. "Amazing company"

Former Intern - Intern in Goleta, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Goleta, CA

I worked at AppFolio as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, people are very happy to be there and extremely motivated

Cons

Loved working at AppFolio so no cons

"Great experience, Great people"

Former Employee - Contact Center Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Contact Center Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at AppFolio part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- People are awesome
    - Software company environment
    - Kitchen is STOCKED
    - Catered lunch at least once every couple of weeks
    - Events were great when they do them
    - People are able to move laterally through the company but have to be persistent
    - Benefits are very good

Cons

- Company is somewhat divided, not only by state but department - haven't met but two other people in other departments

- Sometimes food is catered to only one department, which creates more division and favoritism of departments

Advice to Management

Management seems very involved and interested

Jan 23, 2017 – CMO

Thanks for this kind review - so glad to hear you had such a great experience as a member of our Contact Center team!

"Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at AppFolio as an intern

Pros

Great company to work for. Lots of people that care about your work and value your contribution to the team. The company makes it easy to move across departments. Plus, there are plenty of bonding events where you can meet people from all different departments and buildings.

Cons

The work is not extremely exciting, but working at AppFolio made me feel important because they always reminding me how crucial of a team member I was.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

10. "Nice company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good culture, good teammates, good work environment. I can't ask for more.

Cons

Santa Barbara maybe a bit boring comparing to cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco.

Jan 12, 2017 – CMO

Santa Barbara....boring!?? No way :) Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as part of our engineering team. We appreciate all the work you do to make our software so great!

11. "Devops Engineer"

Pros

Great team. Many opportunities, excellent compensation. High-quality work. Team very supportive of work/life balance.

Cons

The team is always super busy.

Advice to Management

Team really needs to be larger. Your superstars work very long hours.

Dec 12, 2016 – CMO

Thanks for taking the time to write a review - we are very proud of our engineering team! I'll be sure to share your feedback with our engineering leadership team as well. Thank you for making our ... More