AppFolio Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
AppFolio President and CEO Brian Donahoo
Brian Donahoo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great management and a very welcoming culture with a true sense of work/life balance (in 16 reviews)

• Awesome upper management and fantastic company culture (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons to think of at this time (in 13 reviews)

• Salaries in Customer success are low compared to the requirements of the job and the work load (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company From Top Down!"

Current Employee - Implementation Services in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Services in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We are customer centric. We build great software and genuinely care about the relationships we build with our users.

Executives hold regular company meetings to keep all of us in the know about what we are doing as a company.

Many opportunities to collaborate across departments. This is great for networking, building relationship and professional skills, and gives opportunity to make an impact on a large scale.

Once you have put in the time and effort there is a ton of opportunity. We have a ton of great people. Hard work and commitment are rewarded.

I have been at AppFolio for just over 6 years. My career has grown, my salary has grown, and I have grown (my second job out of college).

I have been treated well by everyone from our CEO, to VP's, directors, and managers. I genuinely feel like I can approach anyone in the company. My opinions and those of my colleagues are valued.

The company looks for feedback from our employees, regularly, and spends a great deal of effort building on the positive and addressing any concerns.

On a personal level, Appfolio leadership has proven to me that they want to see me succeed. The support is tremendous. It speaks volumes that I have received such a great level of support at a growing and successful company.

Cons

AppFolio pays fairly but Santa Barbara is an expensive city to live in (arguably worth it). If you work in the Dallas office the cost of living is a nonfactor.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Transparency, listening and acting on employee feedback, recruiting great talent, and fostering a fun atmosphere is something unique to AppFolio. The majority of my friends who work outside of Appfolio don't report the same experience.

AppFolio Response

May 9, 2017 – CMO

Thank you for sharing your experience -- it is so great to hear from team members like you who have been here for years and experienced support from leadership, career growth and feel heard... More

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Super Challenging Fun environment
    Fun activities throughout the year
    Smart bunch of people
    It's great to be part of a company that creates awesome products and treats customer as GOD.
    Culture is great here.
    New learnings every time.
    Great Team

Cons

Benefits are not at par with other employers in the market.

Advice to Management

You are awesome and you are know exactly what you are doing. Keep doing the great work. It is great working for AppFolio

"I Feel Very Lucky To Be Part Of This Company"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

-Smart, fun, and well-rounded colleagues - the company does a great job hiring good people
    -Company puts employees as a top priority - I've never worked at a company that treated their employees so well
    -Friendly, smart and accessible Executives
    -Great products - it's easy to sell/market/support products that you believe in
    -Customer Service is top priority - our customers LOVE us
    -Competitive salary
    -Breakfast/snacks provided

Cons

There are no cons working for AppFolio.

Advice to Management

Only star deduction is 401K match.

"Great company culture"

Pros

The reason you wouldn't ever want to leave this company is the people

Cons

Found upward mobility to be non-existent

"A very friendly place to work in"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

People are friendly, the team works together

Cons

There are so many interviews and every time I went to their office for a interview I got so nervous

"Great products and people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employees, great educational / flexible atmosphere, competitive salary.

Cons

It has grown very quickly - so everything that goes along with that . . . (more politics, more separation from execs to the rest of the group, slowed growth within some departments)
    No 401K match

Advice to Management

Remember that everyone working here has a career path in mind - ask your employees what they want over the next year or two with their responsibilities and career growth.

"Lots of love"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Customers love the service
    Employees are positive and collaborate

Cons

Nothing stands out at the moment.

8. "Great culture. Great growth potential."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small, autonomous teams work closely with customers to release new features rapidly. Sustainable pace with excellent work/life balance. Great support for individuals and teams. Focus on continual improvement. Good opportunities for career growth as the company grows, both on technical and leadership tracks.

Cons

Company is growing rapidly, so there are constantly new people to bring up to speed. The number of paid holidays is a bit low. It is challenging to keep code quality high while constantly adding new people and producing such a high volume of new products and features.

Advice to Management

Continue the sustainable balance of growth vs profits. Continue to invest heavily in engineering.

"AppFolio- A wonderful place to work"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is young and vibrant, with a fun work life balance. The headquarters in Santa Barbara has fun break room activities including ping pong, Foosball, and daily exercise classes. In addition AppFolio offers a fully stocked kitchen with food and beverages. This is a hard working environment and is focused on growing into a multi million dollar company, but where people work hard the also play hard.

Cons

There is not much room for advancement within the services, and the implementation sectors. Unless you are an Engineer your career growth goals may go unrecognized.

Advice to Management

Provide opportunities for growth within the company so that your talented workforce can continue to grow with the company, and provide value to the organization for the long term. Also focus more on training, and development to build skills across departments.

"Great Company, great leadership and great oppertunity"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are motivated to get experience and have opportunity for advancement, Appfolio is a great place to work at. The company is always growing looking to promote talent from within. They offer great training and a great opportunity to get hands on experience doing something that matters. To top if off, the senior leadership has created a great company atmosphere and set the company up to be very successful long term.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. Appfolio is a fast pace and growth minded company. If you do not mind showing up to work and giving your best, there are no cons. However if you are looking for a clock in/out job allowing you to coast, its not the place for you. The company rewards hard work and talent.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.