AppFolio Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
AppFolio President and CEO Jason Randall
Jason Randall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great management and a very welcoming culture with a true sense of work/life balance (in 22 reviews)

• AppFolio is an awesome company that has stayed true to its company values; that great people make a great company (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons to think of at this time (in 15 reviews)

• Cost of living in Santa Barbara is expensive but in my opinion worth it (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"An all-around awesome company"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AppFolio is an awesome company that has stayed true to its company values; that great people make a great company.

Its built for long-term success and still feels like a small, agile start-up.
    And we are on an incredible trajectory of continued, sustainable growth.

Hard work pays off if you want to continue to grow your career as AppFolio and invests a ton in professional growth and training.

Our Leadership is very transparent and approachable which makes it great to have alignment on goals that every team can understand, where they make an impact to the business, and most importantly how that helps our customers in their business.

The benefits and company culture are awesome, and the work/life balance makes for very happy employees!

Cons

There are a lot of free snacks and food so you need to be very disciplined in watching your waistline.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency on communicating the vision and goals of AppFolio. It is very inspiring! I love seeing that our leadership has been here since the beginning and have continued to be aligned in setting goals that drive growth.

AppFolio Response

Oct 27, 2017 – CMO

Great advice to keep up the transparency - I love to hear that it's inspiring to you! Staying connected and aligned is so important to us as we grow and it's great to hear that is valued by our long... More

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Super Challenging Fun environment
    Fun activities throughout the year
    Smart bunch of people
    It's great to be part of a company that creates awesome products and treats customer as GOD.
    Culture is great here.
    New learnings every time.
    Great Team

Cons

Benefits are not at par with other employers in the market.

Advice to Management

You are awesome and you are know exactly what you are doing. Keep doing the great work. It is great working for AppFolio

"I Feel Very Lucky To Be Part Of This Company"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

-Smart, fun, and well-rounded colleagues - the company does a great job hiring good people
    -Company puts employees as a top priority - I've never worked at a company that treated their employees so well
    -Friendly, smart and accessible Executives
    -Great products - it's easy to sell/market/support products that you believe in
    -Customer Service is top priority - our customers LOVE us
    -Competitive salary
    -Breakfast/snacks provided

Cons

There are no cons working for AppFolio.

Advice to Management

Only star deduction is 401K match.

"Great company culture"

Pros

The reason you wouldn't ever want to leave this company is the people

Cons

Found upward mobility to be non-existent

"A very friendly place to work in"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

People are friendly, the team works together

Cons

There are so many interviews and every time I went to their office for a interview I got so nervous

"Great products and people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employees, great educational / flexible atmosphere, competitive salary.

Cons

It has grown very quickly - so everything that goes along with that . . . (more politics, more separation from execs to the rest of the group, slowed growth within some departments)
    No 401K match

Advice to Management

Remember that everyone working here has a career path in mind - ask your employees what they want over the next year or two with their responsibilities and career growth.

"Lots of love"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Customers love the service
    Employees are positive and collaborate

Cons

Nothing stands out at the moment.

8. "Great culture. Great growth potential."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small, autonomous teams work closely with customers to release new features rapidly. Sustainable pace with excellent work/life balance. Great support for individuals and teams. Focus on continual improvement. Good opportunities for career growth as the company grows, both on technical and leadership tracks.

Cons

Company is growing rapidly, so there are constantly new people to bring up to speed. The number of paid holidays is a bit low. It is challenging to keep code quality high while constantly adding new people and producing such a high volume of new products and features.

Advice to Management

Continue the sustainable balance of growth vs profits. Continue to invest heavily in engineering.

"AppFolio- A wonderful place to work"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is young and vibrant, with a fun work life balance. The headquarters in Santa Barbara has fun break room activities including ping pong, Foosball, and daily exercise classes. In addition AppFolio offers a fully stocked kitchen with food and beverages. This is a hard working environment and is focused on growing into a multi million dollar company, but where people work hard the also play hard.

Cons

There is not much room for advancement within the services, and the implementation sectors. Unless you are an Engineer your career growth goals may go unrecognized.

Advice to Management

Provide opportunities for growth within the company so that your talented workforce can continue to grow with the company, and provide value to the organization for the long term. Also focus more on training, and development to build skills across departments.

"Great Company, great leadership and great oppertunity"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are motivated to get experience and have opportunity for advancement, Appfolio is a great place to work at. The company is always growing looking to promote talent from within. They offer great training and a great opportunity to get hands on experience doing something that matters. To top if off, the senior leadership has created a great company atmosphere and set the company up to be very successful long term.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. Appfolio is a fast pace and growth minded company. If you do not mind showing up to work and giving your best, there are no cons. However if you are looking for a clock in/out job allowing you to coast, its not the place for you. The company rewards hard work and talent.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.