AppLovin Reviews | Glassdoor

AppLovin CEO Adam Foroughi
Adam Foroughi

"Amazing Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppLovin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AppLovin has all the benefits of working at an established firm while maintaining a startup culture and size. All of the benefits that I want are available and have saved me a significant amount of both time and money which allows me to come into work without those things to worry about. Personally, the public transportation coverage, personalized desk setup, ergonomic support, company outings, free lunch, and 401k contribution matching are my highlights.

Culture wise, the company is young. Work ethic is head down and work hard but quarterly parties, happy hours, communal lunch are sprinkled throughout the year. Some employees take advantage of that as a time to interact. Now that the company is larger a smaller group will tend to stay away and is just interested in the work aspect.

It's a very successful company with a tiny amount of employees which means theres a ton of opportunity for those who are proactive (if you're more passive see cons).

Cons

The work itself is hard. Mobile advertising is international which means things are happening and people are spending money 24/7. Now that there are international offices, the burden is lighter but for a lot of people it means there is no turning the work clock off. If you have an issue with that style of work, it is definitely grueling, if not, you'll find it fits in with your work style.

The above contributes to a more tense work atmosphere around higher spending advertising times of the year and a more relaxed atmosphere during the low months. Regardless everyone tries to work hard to push the company further.

Promotions are tied to merit, not necessarily time based at the company which I've seen be detrimental to some friends who take a passive role i.e. prefer standardized reviews for improvement or do better with task based lists. You definitely need to be more aggressive and go after opportunities otherwise they'll pass by.

Advice to Management

As the company grows larger, keep reaching out to meet new employees even if its just a smaller amount of time & encourage them to come to company events so it can keep it's family feel.

"Great Company"

Pros

EVerything the best company on earth

Cons

You have to leave work

"Work is fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppLovin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've had several jobs and haven't enjoyed any this much, in fact there is never a dull moment. I've grown a lot on the job, my managers make certain to focus on my own personal growth, and every person at the company aims to make everyone else around them better. it's a truly family like environment.

Cons

I have found it harder to stay in shape, catered lunches are so good I keep over eating!

Advice to Management

Management is doing a great job. Just stay focused on providing everyone room to grow and this will continue to be a great place for everyone to work!

"Great place to work"

Pros

I have been given a lot of opportunities to tackle and own solutions to technical problems. There are a lot of windows that open for one who passionately cares about their work.

Cons

Should get a bigger office as head count is expanding rapidly.

"Work Hard, Play Hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at AppLovin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge growth potential
    Fun and challenging work environment
    Working on interesting projects
    Management is easily approachable and encourages your ideas
    Awesome perks
    Great work life balance

Cons

No dogs allowed in the Palo Alto office :(

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Great People. Great Company."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at AppLovin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working here for less than a year but i definitely can say it is one of the best company i worked for.
    The project is challenging and these challenges help to get experience and new knowledges very quickly. Company is growing and project is growing together with company and this growth creates new challenges and you will not be bored because you have to do same tasks every day. Team is very professional and they always happy to help if you need it.

Cons

I can't think of any.

"Next!"

I worked at AppLovin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They're a private company so they are super profitable and don't have a board to answer to. The execs don't have to play into politics. They make a lot of money so they spend a lot of money. No expense is spared when it comes to employee perks and benefits. 401k matching, lavish company trips, lots of press and media if you'd like to be highlighted or in company videos. there are a lot of good people at Applovin and you have the opportunity to make some really good friends... if you fit into their culture.

Cons

If you want job security, Applovin is not the place for you. They have a core group of people who were in the first year or two of the company and they are the favorites, anybody else is pretty expendable. if you don't really fit into the culture it's best to just keep your head down and stay quiet and do a really good job. If you do fit into the company culture, be careful not to overstep or they'll boot you. They're also more likely to sever employees who underperform rather than coach them or help them become better. You'll also get little to zero feedback if things are going poorly and they aren't happy with your behavior/performance, so those who have been let go are always very shocked. basically they have a really low retention rate because they have a very competitive compensation and benefits package. They don't have a hard time hiring so they aren't afraid of laying employees off. The culture seems amazing but most of the people who make it that way have left to work remotely or are part of that early clique... which you can't get into no matter how hard you try.

"Time flies when you're having fun"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at AppLovin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tons of growth potential
    The ability to work on anything that interests you
    The skills utilized are extremely relevant to modern software engineering
    Amazing personalities to work with
    The perks are amazing

Cons

None that I know of yet

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing

"Great place to work"

I have been working at AppLovin full-time

Pros

Challenging but fulfilling work, everyone is working hard together. Great benefits, company is doing well and in a good position to continue to grow

Cons

Very little to complain about

AppLovin Response

Jan 22, 2016 – Technical Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear you are satisfied with the challenging work and our benefits package. If you have any additional suggestions for improvement, please let us know.

"A Rare Breed"

I have been working at AppLovin full-time

Pros

Silicon Valley startups often fall into the trap of chasing the latest trends while skating on funding rounds, all without any real results. AppLovin does not. It not only offers the best that startup culture has to offer, but it's also has had success after success in it's industry. It's a pleasure to work here, but there is a palpable feeling that everyone is on the same page and striving to the same goals.

Cons

Nothing material. Would be nice if we had a better coffee machine.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the same goals and don't get complacent while on top!