AppNeta "management team" Reviews | Glassdoor

AppNeta Employee Reviews about "management team"

Updated Dec 11, 2019

3.7
AppNeta President and CEO  Matt Stevens
Matt Stevens
Pros
  • "Management team is very helpful(in 6 reviews)

• "AppNeta is a great place to work primarily because of Matt Stevens, who is a one-of-a-kind CEO(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "I'm guessing this is common in start ups but there is a high turnover rate(in 6 reviews)

• "lack of transparency and honesty from upper management(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "management team"

Return to all Reviews

"Sales/Customer Success"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at AppNeta full-time

Pros

AppNeta is the epitome of a work hard/play hard culture. The expectations are high, however so is the reward. The management team is very transparent and have an open door policy that allows you to ask them tough questions knowing you'll get an answer. The culture is great and is driven by those on the floor. If you want somewhere to work that's fun and motivating, AppNeta is your place!

Cons

If you want something, you have to ask for it or simply make it happen. Not necessarily a con, but don't expect that you will be handed a promotion without doing the work and asking for it

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize those that have been loyal to the company and proven their value. Hold those accountable when they're not operating at the highest level of efficiency.

AppNeta2018-08-17
  2. "Great work environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for more than a year

Pros

The management team at AppNeta really cares about the employees and are always looking for different ways to improve employee happiness. It is a fun environment to work in especially since we are growing at such a quick rate. AppNeta generally does at least one company wide fun event quarterly, along with bi-weekly lunches and weekly happy hours. AppNeta also gives back to the community with quarterly volunteer activites along with seasonal food and clothing drives.

Cons

I can't think of any cons to working at AppNeta. The enviroment is lively and energetic which may not be for everyone.

AppNeta2015-11-19
  3. "Great Choice"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great management team that seeks to create an environment where there is both a collective sense of responsibility and personal ownership of tasks. - High expectations for achievement are balanced with rewards (Thursday/Friday drinks, free lunches, company parties). Management team actively recognizes people in the weekly sales team meetings for doing something well or going above and beyond. -Open transparency between divisions at AppNeta. Marketing is focused on how to help grow the brand and leads, sales and customer success have open communication about product developments/feedback from customers. Very collaborative environment. -Investment in career development. There is a full sales enablement onboarding program as well as continuing training in sales strategy which I was pleasantly surprised by! Many companies do not offer such career development.

Cons

I came from a background where I did not have to be in an office every day. For me, coming to AppNeta, I understood that I was changing roles and would need to be in the office every day. This for me was a transition, not so much a con, as there is good work life balance (better than average for most companies in Boston) and the office is in a great area of the city (Seaport).

Advice to Management

Continue to build great culture! Merit based rewarding is extremely refreshing and great for a growing company.

AppNeta2015-11-16
  4. "Fabulous Company To Work For!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

First & foremost, I must say that this is the absolute best start-up company! The company's culture/environment is what makes me want to go to work every day. It's a fun, loud, young group of people. In recent months, the management team has made it a mission to communicate more effectively with their employees, which in turn makes you really feel like you are part of a team!

Cons

It can be extremely challenging, especially if you're in Sales, however, if you give your best effort every single day then the craziness of it all will be well worth it. Also, if you're not energetic or upbeat then this is probably not a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

Please continue to communicate with the team in a more positive manner! Colleagues have been saying what an impact it has been making. Everyone is noticing the change here at AppNeta and I must say 2014 will only get better!

AppNeta2014-02-03
  5. "Great company, great people , interesting projects"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Company has amazing history and technology to stay among the leaders on the market - Interesting Projects, Good Work Life Balance, Great Team - Management team is very helpful - Good location if you take public transit in Vancouver

Cons

Company keeps growing, which is great, but always assumes some growing pains

Advice to Management

The culture of AppNeta is strong. Keep investing in your employees they’re your greatest assets. Keep on doing what you're doing!

AppNeta2019-12-11
  6. "Great Place, Amazing culture, Very interesting product work"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The entire management team here just gets it. The culture is like a startup and supportive like a family.

Cons

Lots of legacy code to deal with; Eventually everything is legacy code though ,so it's best to embrace it and continue to work on making things better where we can get the most value - and we are constantly improving that space.

Advice to Management

More focus on exercising Agile practice all the way up the chain (ie. Product, not just in Engineering). Clearer roadmap to help planning (less reactive to niche customers, more big picture features)

AppNeta2019-07-16