- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Germany - All Cities
- - Hamburg
- - Hamburg, Germany Area
- - Hamburg
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Hoboken, NJ
- - Basking Ridge, NJ
- - Oregon
- - Portland, OR Area
- - Portland, OR
- - New Jersey
- - Colorado
- - Boulder, CO Area
- - Boulder, CO
- - Louisville, CO
- - Denver, CO Area
- - Westminster, CO
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Pennsylvania
- - Philadelphia, PA Area
- - Conshohocken, PA
- - Philadelphia, PA
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- Brazil - All Cities
- - São Paulo
- - Sao Paulo, Brazil Area
- - São Paulo, São Paulo
- France - All Cities
- - Ile-de-France
- - Paris, France Area
- - Paris
- Singapore - All Cities
Found 282 of over 301 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Management is absolutely pathetic especially at the Director level in the remote offices." (in 10 reviews)
- "Middle management aren't capable and aren't empowered or held accountable." (in 5 reviews)
- "Change happens constantly and is a symptom not so much of lack of strategy or poor leadership, but of the industry in which AppNexus sits." (in 5 reviews)
- "Lack of vision from senior management." (in 4 reviews)
- "Upper management can be prickly and make decisions irrationally." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of AppNexus and is not affected by filters.
- Sexual Orientation
- Veteran Status
- Former Employee★★★★★Sep 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Amazing people and culture that takes care of its employees
Acquired and then lost its mojo
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 4, 2022 - Software Engineer II in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
good benefits, perks my manager was reasonable & interested in being a manager internal mobility good pay bumps
senior leadership was cutthroat transition in culture post-acquisition
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jun 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Mostly nice co-workers, interesting and informative all-hands meetings.
The way they handled being acquired by AT&T was atrocious! Many people were laid off which led to a re-organization that was handled in a way that put managers in an unclear position. This had a major trickle-down affect made that made employees at all levels of the organization suffer due to uncertainty, confusion and horrible communication all around. This constant fear of uncertainty led to a completely toxic workplace which was really sad considering AppNexus was a great place to work before the acquisition.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 16, 2022 - Marketing Manager in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Solid money. Everyone was nice.
Lots of reorgs, strategy sometimes lacking.
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Mar 13, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It was a great company.
No downsides to working at AppNexus.
- Former Employee★★★★★Sep 30, 2021 - Human ResourcesRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Hr team is great. Loved working with them
Leadership didn’t always undrstand how to work with gr effectively.
- Former Employee★★★★★Sep 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
good culture and Friendly coworkers
Got bought by AT&T and became corporate
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 4, 2021 - Partner ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good benefits, learning and growth opportunities
Toxic culture in certain areas of the company.
- Former Employee★★★★★May 3, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Awesome people and culture at this place
Nothing that I can think of
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan 27, 2021 - Technical Consultant in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Fast moving, smart co-workers, interesting problems at massive scale, high levels of responsibility.
Poor decisions of services leadership led to mass attrition of some of the companies brightest minds. Constant reorganizations.
AppNexus Reviews FAQs
AppNexus has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 301 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at AppNexus to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
79% of AppNexus employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AppNexus 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.