AppOnboard Reviews | Glassdoor

AppOnboard CEO Jonathan Zweig
Jonathan Zweig
  1. One word : Inspiring

I have been working at AppOnboard full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

There are a lot of great thinkers at startups, but AppOnboard has an incredible blend of diverse people that are extremely dedicated to each other.

Cons

Would love more healthy food options or coaching tools.

AOB Lives at the Nexus of Expertise and Humility

I have been working at AppOnboard full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

AOB is an incredible place. Even if you aren't a senior member of the team you get to work side by side with industry experts and veterans who know how to grow a company at this stage. Still, those experts are humble and acknowledge that even they make mistakes and we're all still growing and learning how to be the best we can be. AOB is the nexus of expertise and humility, and in an environment like that it's no wonder...

Cons

Catered lunches should be weekly instead of bi-weekly. People talk about work anyway and it gives people in different departments a chance to connect with each other. If you subtract the hour long lunch people usually take from the 30 minute lunch people spend eating during catered lunches, the company virtually breaks even as far as the bottom line goes.

Advice to Management

We've made monumental strides in installing processes and systems that enabled us to be more efficient, streamlined, and effective. Let's continue down that path!

Sky is the Limit!

I have been working at AppOnboard full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Strong leadership team with a track record of success, warm company culture where people actually care about each other, ample opportunity to grow professionally, lots of exciting buzz as a result of Google partnership, and a shared passion around building something innovative in our space.

Cons

AppOnboard is still building out a full slate of perks and benefits, so hopefully that will ramp up into next year.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employees to retain strong talent!

An amazing opportunity for all of us

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at AppOnboard full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I've been working here for over a year now and it still feels like this is the best opportunity I've ever had. On a personal level, I've grown significantly as a developer. On a company level, the pace of growth here is mind blowing. All we do is hire more and create more. It's a really exciting place to be and I can only be optimistic about the future here. It feels like the best is yet to come, for me and for the company.

Cons

Management can seem a little disorganized sometimes, but I'd say that's mostly because we are still a startup ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love the people, their passion, and the product!

I have been working at AppOnboard full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I've always been amazed with our technology since I joined this company. However, passion is what shapes my purpose in life and business. I see the same passion and purpose with the amazing people I work with at AppOnboard. I am very fortunate to be able to meet and work with like-minded people.

Cons

In a startup, the responsibilities may continuously change, but management's positive energy and guidance certainly provides the ability to steer you in the right direction.

Advice to Management

It is a fast-pace environment and decisions need to be made right away. Communication and alignment will be a very important piece to help the company succeed.

Innovation, Growth and Re-imagining App Discovery

I have been working at AppOnboard full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- innovative and unique technology now on the Google Play store - global impact of tech and creative reaching billions of mobile users - collaborative and team based culture - employees live the company values - renewed focus on employee development

Cons

- growing fast so need to keep up - only occasional free lunch

Advice to Management

- do everything you can to maintain the agile start-up culture as we continue to grow and expand!

Tons of opportunity and ability to contribute to a blossoming business

I have been working at AppOnboard full-time for more than a year

Pros

No egos in the company; everyone is collectively in it to win it together. Lots of flexibility in being able to work from home if you need to. The focus here is definitely in hiring very sharp and inquisitive people who put their best work forward in positively contributing towards building a fantastic place to work for each other, and providing a fantastic experience for clients.

Cons

It's a startup, and a very fast-moving one at that, so the path forward is one that we're all carving out and building together. This isn't for everyone, but for those who are okay with tackling the unknown and building something new and innovative, it comes with the territory.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! It's working!

Things happen

I have been working at AppOnboard full-time

Pros

Use to think of everyone as family now with the rapid growth no one knows anyone anymore awkward elevator rides you can only imagine.

Cons

Employees are not valued and feel like they’re replaceable.

Advice to Management

Take time to speak to everyone not those of certain departments

An amazing addition to the LA tech scene

I have been working at AppOnboard full-time

Pros

- Great culture - Very innovative product - Office location

Cons

- Lower benefits due to it being a startup

AppOnboard Response

August 7, 2018Human Resources

We appreciate your positive feedback about our work culture, product, and office location. We are continually looking to provide an exceptional place for our employees to work and look to expand our benefits offering in the near future. Stay tuned for updates!

Exciting & Innovative Startup

I have been working at AppOnboard full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible opportunities for career growth Great culture and work environment Incredibly intelligent and friendly colleagues Amazing product and execution thus far

Cons

Typical start-up challenges: process-definition and focus Lack of some important benefits currently (401K, commuter)

Advice to Management

Continue to rely on your employees for directional and hiring feedback for growth

AppOnboard Response

August 7, 2018Human Resources

We strive to help our employees reach both their personal and career goals while working at AppOnboard. We are glad that this has rung true during your experience so far at the company. We will also take your feedback into account as we continually look to improve company programs ...

Found 14 reviews