AppRiver Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 3, 2019

4.3
Michael Murdoch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Glad I made the decision to join AppRiver"

Current Employee - Apper in Gulf Breeze, FL
    Current Employee - Apper in Gulf Breeze, FL

I have been working at AppRiver full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great commute, friendly co-workers, lots of perks for employees like fresh fruit every week, massages, monthly cook-outs, flexible schedules, great benefits for the area. They really do believe in making everyday a phenomenal day for employees.

Cons

Work environment is a bit drab but I think it's more the building, doesn't fit the culture of the company. Has an old banker's office feel. Interview process is slow but if you already have a job then the process is more bearable.

Advice to Management

Update the building, slap some paint on the walls, update a few things... let the building tell the story of the culture as well. Find ways to improve the interview process. HR was responsive but meeting with the department managers was beyond slow.

"Downhill"

I have been working at AppRiver full-time

Pros

It use to be a great place to work. The Culture was amazing. You could speak to anyone at any time (Open Door Policy). It was just great to want to go to work.

Cons

Once they sold out, the CTO, CEO and COO cashed those big checks and all left. Then whoever is running it after that started laying off all the employees that had been there the longest (Because most of them was some of the highest paid. So they let go of a lot of great people an kept the lower paid people. I know this was not really an AppRiver issue but more of a Zix issue. Zix is the company that purhased AppRiver and they had to cut $8 million from the bottom line (between the two companies (($4 million each)). It has just gone downhill since then. Most people here are scared they will be the one cut next and all the old management (HR,Billing,ETC...) are just kissing the new companies butt and are fake as can be to the rest of us still here

3. "QA Analyst"

I have been working at AppRiver full-time

Pros

Really great work-life balance, good benefits, thriving industry and company.

Cons

Pay could be better considering the industry, but it isn't too bad for the area.

Advice to Management

Fully evaluate changes before you make them.

4. "Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gulf Breeze, FL

I have been working at AppRiver full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is one of the best places I have ever worked. Careers are made here!

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

5. "Great company"

I have been working at AppRiver full-time

Pros

- Great company
    - Great staff
    - Great culture

Cons

I have yet to find any "cons" working with AppRiver

6. "I have only been at the company for a short time but it is easily the best place I have ever worked!"

Pros

- Friendly environment (They have some of the nicest people I have met while working)
    - Flexible hours
    - Great management

Cons

At the time of this writing, I don't actually have anything I could add to the list of cons. This place is amazing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Work/Life Balance"

I have been working at AppRiver full-time

Pros

Fantastic place to work if you need flexibility with a company that values work/life balance.

Cons

While there is a great culture here, if you don't fit the mold and are not outspoken, it's pretty easy to fall through the cracks and not be noticed or feel valued as an employee.

Advice to Management

Look more closely at the work an employee is getting done and not how outspoken they are.

"Great company, but management needs improving"

I worked at AppRiver full-time

Pros

Above average benefits, profit sharing, decent wages, paid time off including holidays. company sponsored events

Cons

Overall, it is what you make of it. This is a great company to start out and potentially grow with, however, there is little to no upward mobility if hired into anything that is not a niche role. Typically, you're on your own when it comes to management. Don't expect feedback because there is none unless you really push and/or befriend the managers. There are also degrees of favoritism littered throughout the company. Let's put it this way, if you're a middle of the road, middle aged, middle class worker with a family, then this may be a perfect fit, otherwise, get as much knowledge and experience you can and continue to look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to employees quality of work and provide appropriate feedback. Get more involved with the team, not just telephoning through supervisors/leads and other departments.

9. "Software Development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gulf Breeze, FL

I have been working at AppRiver full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very positive work environment. Interesting and rewarding work, with plenty of opportunity for taking ownership and responsibility. Smart, friendly, and talented colleagues. A genuine care for staff and customers that comes all the way from the top. I am very happy to be a part of this team!

Cons

Need to be self-motivated. I you want to be told exactly what to do, this might not be the place for you.

10. "AppRiver appreciates their employees and customers"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Gulf Breeze, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Gulf Breeze, FL

I have been working at AppRiver full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm a person with drive! AppRiver has given me room to grow over the years and has reimbursed me for every penny I've spent on furthering my education that pertains to my work because growing employees grows business too. They provide training both in-house and outsourced. Customer care? You betcha! AppRiver loves it's customers just like it loves it's employees. Everyone here knows it because we see it every day.

Cons

No cons here. It's hard work and we're rewarded for it.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing. Communication is key.