AppStar Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark S. Leibowitz

Pros
  • The managers for the outside sales reps are very helpful and will go to great lengths to assist you in closing deals (in 5 reviews)

• A fantastic Sales department with a lot of great personalities and wonderfully driven outside sales reps whose motivation can be inspirational (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Competitive industry with too many other bad companies that make the business owners leery of all companies (in 5 reviews)

• not for entry level sales people or novice (in 3 reviews)

"Appstar Employee for 12 Years"

I have been working at AppStar Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Management is dedicated to supporting their staff and promoting from within the organization. It is like a family. People really care about your success here.

Cons

It is definitely a sales organization and sales is hard. this job is not for everyone but if I put my head down every day and follow the program, I have seen great results. no one stays at a company for 12 years if it is not a professional and fun place to work.

Advice to Management

I have been able to choose my hours so I come in really early and leave early. This gives me the rest of the afternoon to be with my children, exercise and live a happy life outside of work as well.

2. "This is a small, family run company that has supported me and offered many opportunities for growth."

I have been working at AppStar Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The hours are perfect. I get off at 3pm and have the rest of the afternoon to be with my family. Also, the pay has allowed my wife to stay home with our kids, which is no small feat in southern California. I have been continuously promoted and rewarded over my past 8 years at Appstar. When I have had concerns that I have brought to management, I have felt listened to and that they have always made an attempt to improve. The CEO has gone above and beyond to make himself approachable and has been understanding and supportive of me both in my professional and personal life.

Cons

As in any management position, it can be challenging to deal with reps and merchants that require patience. However, I've been supported by my superiors in this area.

Advice to Management

I would just ask them to continue to reward and compensate long-term and loyal employees.

3. "Real Sales Career"

Pros

I have been with AppStar since they opened there doors and have made this my Career. Real Sales Jobs that deliver the goods on a daily basis are hard to find, couple that with the fact that the owners treat you with Genuine Care and Respect!!! We provide Excellent Service and Cutting Edge Products to our Merchants, altogether we have over 100 years of experience in the industry and we use this to better help each and every merchant we bring on board with us.

Cons

A Real Sales job requires daily activities and constant nurturing of your Sales Team and Merchants, so if you're looking for a job where you can come and relax this is not for you. Good things in Life are worth working for!!

"Great company"

Current Employee - Dircector of Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Dircector of Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AppStar Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with AppStar for 10 years and love it. It is a great and exciting industry to work in. We treat our merchants and reps with the upmost respect and give them the level service they would expect. Looking forward to another 10 years with a great company that takes care of employees and reps.

Cons

None and really would like more great people to work with.

Advice to Management

currently in upper management

"Great company that can provide a profitable and stable career."

I have been working at AppStar Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with AppStar nearly 9 years. The company has always treated me fairly and made me feel valuable. I have had opportunities to grow and advance in both my position and income. I truly feel like a part of the AppStar family. I am happy knowing that I can make a solid living in a very recession proof industry.

Cons

Of course any management position can have it's challenges. However, there is very little I can complain about. I do wish that the public would see more positive feedback on what an awesome company we are versus reading the negative reviews of a few select people.

6. "4 1/2 years with Appstar and it's been a good solid company!"

Current Employee - Client Consultant (Outside Sales) in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Consultant (Outside Sales) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AppStar Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lot's of flexibility, great support and opportunity to make a lot of money but you have to be willing to work for it. What you put in you get out! Work closely with management in the beginning but after you show you can do the job you have a ton of freedom.

Cons

Lot's of rejection and have to be thick skinned. Competitive industry with too many other bad companies that make the business owners leery of all companies.

Advice to Management

I would consider more advertising to drive more customers to reach out to the company!

7. "Working for Appstar Financial"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

Compensation is really good plus the commission is nice. I am one of the senior Sales Manager which allows me to teach New Mangers and New Sales rep the trade of this business. One of the big pros is that you get what you put into this job so hard work shows on you weekly check and its also really nice being paid weekly.

Cons

The only Con I have is that you have to wake up before the roosters in the morning haha :) but once you are in the office we have such a good time that all goes away.

Advice to Management

I have no issues with how things are done with my company. LOVE APPSTAR!!! TAKES REALLY GOOD CARE OF ME THAT ALLOWS ME TO TAKE REALLY GOOD CARE OF MY FAMILY.

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at AppStar Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fast paced
    Always changing industry
    Great people to work with and for

Cons

Managers work on east coast hours, so managers start at 6am pst

9. "Great pay, hours and people!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AppStar Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay. Great Hours. Great people. Very comfortable and fun work environment.

Cons

competitive business. A lot of business owners have been burned by other companies and it makes it hard for them to trust anyone for a change.

Advice to Management

advertising can go a long way. referrals are great, but a lot of merchants are visual, if the name sounds familiar, it is already a plus.

10. "Great opportunities to grow"

Current Employee - Product Service Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Product Service Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AppStar Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working with Appstar financial for the last year and a half, from day one I was informed this job was not easy but with hard work and dedication I would be able hit my goals. I have not only met my goals but exceeded above and beyond them because of the opportunities I have had with this company. Owners are very understanding and very hands on with their business they are true leaders in the industry. I am just happy to be a part of this company.

Cons

this job takes a lot of hard work and dedication, if you have a drive you will be very successful with this company.