Appco Group Reviews

Updated May 2, 2021

2.4
Appco Group Founder and Chairman  Chris Niarchos
Chris Niarchos
Pros
  • "Fun cooperative work environment(in 41 reviews)

• "No Pros, work here if u are good at Sales(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours ,poor work life balance(in 70 reviews)

• "It's Door-to-Door sales, long hours(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Fundraiser

Dec 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Geat for learning sales. They do a fantastic job of keeping you motivated!

Cons

Not very high pay. Long hours. The biggest problem is the practice of you out on your suit after a full day of fundraising, especially in san diego...

Global Head of Communications

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry for your negative experience, Thank you for your feedback. We value your comments.

2. 2.0

Scam

Mar 24, 2021 - Sales Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lot of interesting charismatic leaders

Cons

60+ hour weeks making $4-5/hr unless you are a truly gifted salseperson. And if you are that, just get another sales job that pays and doesn’t work you into the ground.

3. 3.0

Great people

Feb 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team who make you feel like you're part of a family

Cons

Below market salary and benefits

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Can it be less than 1 star?

Jul 25, 2020 - Brand Ambassador
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are none. Do not apply.

Cons

It's an MLM (legal pyramid scheme). They changed their name to Ascenta Group Support to escape from bad press.

5. 1.0

Don't fall for their BS

Nov 7, 2019 - Team Lead in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great energy, people are great and you get your exercise in. learn good sales tips.

Cons

First you will walk all the streets (door-to- door) a full shift in your interview attire, just as a test if you can handle the basic requirement of the job. Your basic pay is around $75 a day for each sale you will receive $15-$20. Your goal is 2 a day. still scrap money. Typically work 10-12 hrs per day. 6 days a week.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Game Changer

Dec 21, 2014 - Sales Representative in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Let me start by sayung that I had a great career of 6+ years as a school teacher.. I decided I wanted more. That my core skils of communication and teaching people could be put to better use elsewhere.. After some soul searching I started applying for Sales and marketing roles, as I felt I was best suited for thAt. Fast forward less than two years later and I helped to build offices in two divisions of the company all while earning a healthy emough living to start a family and keep my wife home w our newborn son. This was a game changer for me, Id worked for the likes of Mcrosoft, Omnicon and in the DOE. Non of which offerdd me the personal and professional Developmentt and growrh potential Appco has. I am paid for my effort and results as any business should. Additionallly i have hyper developed communication skills(verbal & non) I have learned how to run and build a high level sales office. Oh and i have become a leader to those around me. Leadership is the paramount skill I'ive developed. I have worked in England, Scotland, Australia as well as California, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Texas as of now! All and all great income(well above my teacherrs salary), great people/enviroment, amazing development both personal and professional. Oh and benefits after 90 days, boom! Most important is the promotional structure of the company works. Im proof of that.

Cons

You may have to spend time with me

7 people found this review helpful

Global Head of Communications

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback – we loved reading your story and that Appco has given you so many opportunities. It is true that this business rewards hard work, dedication and determination. Every success story is unique and special, and we’re proud that there are so many positive, life-changing journeys like yours across the Appco network. Thanks for being part of it!

7. 1.0

Hot garbage

May 15, 2019 - Marketing Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros to this scam

Cons

Everything possible, they treat employees like crap, very poor mentality and over worked

2 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We are sorry to learn of your experience as it is not what we would wish for any independent contractor. Independent contractors are engaged by and contracted to specialist, independent marketing companies which supply Appco Australia with face-to-face sales and fundraising services. Independent contractors are not employed by the marketing companies, nor are they ever employed by or contracted to Appco Australia. The benefits of being an independent contractor are the flexible working opportunities and the ability to define your own career path and level of income. Independent contractors also have the option to access coaching, support and experience within the Appco network to create and grow their own business, if they choose to. This has benefitted hundreds of former independent contractors who now own their own businesses. However, we need feedback like yours to ensure we improve where it’s needed. Please do contact us at icenquiries@appcogroup.com.au if you would like to discuss your experience further.

8. 4.0

Adventurous !

Dec 8, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Although I don't work here anymore Appco was very exciting and great place to work. I would recommend this to anybody who I know would take this seriously. I read bad reviews on this before I started and I will say I disagree with all of them. This is a great opportunity to become more confident in life, build a stronger mentality also to make big bucks in your pocket. To also add that it's a great environment to work in. I with no doubt loved the fact that everybody was always positive, motivated and always had each other backs. So please don't be fooled with the bad reviews I for one being a former worker for Appco will tell you this is a great company that would do there best for you. They will put their effort for you as long you meet them half way. I only left because of personnel things I had to do.

Cons

It says here what are the challenges in this company so really I wouldn't say it's a con just something you have to deal with. These people are paying you to work also they even do a observation day for you before you decide to accept the job so you can have an idea what they do. No job is like this excuse me this is actually a career.

6 people found this review helpful

Global Head of Communications

Hi there - thanks for your fantastic review, we really appreciate it! We're so pleased that you got so much out of your time at Appco and that you enjoyed the positive atmosphere and took advantage of the opportunities to improve your income and progress. We understand that this business and the energetic environment is not for everyone, but for people like you, who understand and believe in the model, the sky's the limit! We're sorry you moved on - feel free to come back any time.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

BE A SELLER NOT A TELLER

Jan 21, 2015 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked in the San Diego Office, walking door to door, raising financial sponsorship support to children and families around the world in desperate situations. I had previously worked at ground level in many of these countries and have personally seen these children get the help that is needed, because of sponsorships. Appco is doing a fantastic job in the promotion of these charities. Of course you have to be a foot soldier with a positive attitude and tenacity. Grow your own teams with a potential of high gains for yourself. Gaining incredible knowledge each morning, and it's free! Working with different teams and leaders each day, going on trips, winning prizes Including massive rally's. Growth of opening your own office here in USA with the funding and backing of the Appco Group. You do receive a basic salary including credits for each child sponsored, not like other companies where you have to be trained, then write exams, of which you pay. You do get medical assistance if injured on duty. The management team are interested in you as a person and their door is always open. The office team, are most helpful to cater to all your questions. Working for Appco is not for the faint hearted!

Cons

3 things that can never come back when gone: ⌚️ Time 😛 Words 🌟 Opportunity 3 things that make a person 💪 Hardwork 👼 Sincerity 🙌👠👞 Commitment

Global Head of Communications

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. It's great to hear that you're getting so much out of working with Appco US. We're really proud of the way we are able to help charities raise the funds they need to do their vital work - and it's thanks to people like you that we can continue to support them. Like you say, this business is certainly not for everyone, but for those who do enjoy it and are willing to work hard there are real benefits. Every day, we see so many people prosper within our own organisation and in other careers – thanks to the skills and broad knowledge they've acquired – and we will continue to support people's progression as much as we can.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

My experience with Appco was a wonderful challenge and eye opening experience in the world of direct sales and marketing

Aug 7, 2014 - Trainee Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

With the complimentary training they provide, you will get a serious kick start to developing your skills. You will definitely need to work hard and absorb a lot of information, but literally everyone in the office wants to help you get better. You learn a lot about their specific business program and what amazing work they do for charities. Appco, showed me how to break out of my comfort zone and shoot for my own personal goals. As well, everyone who has done direct sales will get a clear picture about there true abilities in life and the industry. While I was with Appco, I learned more in their training program the first couple weeks then probably most business schools give in 4 years.

Cons

Not that this is a con, but everyone who has made it through there management program has to work pretty hard. People definitely invest time in developing themselves day in and day out. You have to be consistent in your attitude towards this type of business.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 464 Reviews