KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Appco Group

Engaged Employer

Appco Group

Add a Review

Appco Group Employee Reviews about "communication skills"

Updated Aug 16, 2021

16 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "communication skills"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Game Changer

Dec 21, 2014 - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Let me start by sayung that I had a great career of 6+ years as a school teacher.. I decided I wanted more. That my core skils of communication and teaching people could be put to better use elsewhere.. After some soul searching I started applying for Sales and marketing roles, as I felt I was best suited for thAt. Fast forward less than two years later and I helped to build offices in two divisions of the company all while earning a healthy emough living to start a family and keep my wife home w our newborn son. This was a game changer for me, Id worked for the likes of Mcrosoft, Omnicon and in the DOE. Non of which offerdd me the personal and professional Developmentt and growrh potential Appco has. I am paid for my effort and results as any business should. Additionallly i have hyper developed communication skills(verbal & non) I have learned how to run and build a high level sales office. Oh and i have become a leader to those around me. Leadership is the paramount skill I'ive developed. I have worked in England, Scotland, Australia as well as California, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Texas as of now! All and all great income(well above my teacherrs salary), great people/enviroment, amazing development both personal and professional. Oh and benefits after 90 days, boom! Most important is the promotional structure of the company works. Im proof of that.

Cons

You may have to spend time with me

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful

Global Head of Communications

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback – we loved reading your story and that Appco has given you so many opportunities. It is true that this business rewards hard work, dedication and determination. Every success story is unique and special, and we’re proud that there are so many positive, life-changing journeys like yours across the Appco network. Thanks for being part of it!

2. 2.0

Appco company review

Aug 16, 2021 - Sales Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will have improved Communication skills and interpersonal skills.

Cons

No salary, only commission. No work life balance

3. 2.0
    Former Freelancer

Challenging

Dec 6, 2019 - Anonymous Freelancer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Communication skills Traveling Networking

Cons

No minimum wage Long hours shift

4. 2.0
    Former Freelancer

Meh

Jul 16, 2019 - Brand Ambassador in Kuala Lumpur
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning marketing skills, improve presentation skills, improve communication skills, learning team work.

Cons

Commission based salary, pushy/intrusive mentors, no medical benefits, no EPF & the sort.

Global Head of Communications

Thanks for your feedback - however, I think you’ve got us confused with another independent sales company as Appco doesn't have commission based jobs and all jobs are salary and office based.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Don't waste your time

Apr 10, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You might improve your communication skills.

Cons

You don't get fix salary, no holidays, you can't speak frankly about company, if you speak that's your doom.

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. It looks like you were an independent contractor engaged by and contracted to a specialist, independent marketing company which supplies Appco Australia with face-to-face sales and fundraising services. Independent contractors are not employed by the marketing companies, nor are they ever employed by or contracted to Appco Australia. The benefits of being an independent contractor are the flexible working opportunities and the ability to define your own career path and level of income. Independent contractors also have the option to access coaching, support and experience within the Appco network to create and grow their own business, if they choose to. This has benefitted hundreds of former independent contractors who now own their own businesses. However, we need feedback like yours to ensure we improve where it’s needed. Please do contact us at icenquiries@appcogroup.com.au if you would like to discuss your experience further.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great platform for the young ones

Jan 25, 2019 - Sales Associate in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great platform if you want to build up your interpersonal and communication skills. Overseas opportunities. Great Leaders!

Cons

Hard to progress as a career. Have to really work intensively and hard as a leader and as a recruiter.

Global Head of Communications

What a great review for us to read. Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience working with us.

7. 2.0

Corporate Trainer

Oct 23, 2017 - Team Leader in Mumbai
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning for freshers... Good Communication Skills development Time Management Sessions Trips Enjoyment

Cons

Commission based Nothing for experience No experience certificate No job role Time

1 person found this review helpful

Communications & social media manager, Appco Group India

Thank you for your review. We are glad to know that the role helped you develop such a broad range of skills and you enjoyed the many benefits of being part of the Appco network. Business Associates in the Appco India network are contracted on a self-employed basis and are paid based on their performance. This gives them flexible working opportunities, allowing them to determine their level of commitment as well as take control of their income. As Business Associates are self-employed, there is an association contract involved. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further so that we can look at how and where we can improve. If you would like to get in touch with us, please contact us at communication@appcoindia.com.

8. 1.0
    Current Employee

Business Associate

Sep 4, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bold communication skills Shamelessness in fooling customers Great physical capabilities like a sportsman after working for hours on field

Cons

Worst culture and nature of the company Lots of standing and shouting

3 people found this review helpful

Communications & social media manager, Appco Group India

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to know that your experience was not a positive one. Appco India is proud of the opportunities we offer to the ambitious people to improve their sales skills, mentor and coach others, and progress to building their own companies, if they choose. Many people choose to work hard to make the most of these opportunities; however the standard working day for someone in a training role is 8am-6pm, and shorter for those who are new to the business. This model has benefited hundreds of former business associates who now run their own independent businesses. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further so that we can look at how and where we can improve. If you would like to get in touch with us, please contact us at communication@appcoindia.com. We also wish you every success with your future career.

9. 1.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

About job profile and salary for charity people

Aug 23, 2017 - Business Associate in Nāgpur, Maharashtra
    Business Outlook

Pros

In charity division you can improve your communication skills that's it.nothing new to learn only business manager or owner gives you motivational speech daily.

Cons

There is no fix salary hardly people can earn upto 6k and it's a commission base and if you join this company make sure when you get your salary slip ask them about opbond, close bond, recovery .if you want to be a salesman this a perfect job for you guys.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Communications & social media manager, Appco Group India

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to know that your experience was not a positive one, however we are glad that the role helped you develop such a broad range of skills. Business associates in the Appco India network are contracted on a self-employed basis and are paid based on their performance. This gives them flexible working opportunities, allowing them to determine their level of commitment and take control of their income. Many people choose to work hard to make the most of these opportunities; however the standard working day for someone in a training role is 8am-6pm, and shorter for those who are new to the business. However, we understand this model is not for everyone, and as you mentioned is best suited to people would love to make their career in sales and have an entrepreneurial mindset. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further so that we can look at how and where we can improve. If you would like to get in touch, please contact us at communication@appcoindia.com.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

An okay experience

Jun 28, 2017 - Management Trainee in Ahmedabad
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can learn stuffs for sure. Communication skills and confidence level improvement is nice, exposure trips are good. Environment is good.

Cons

No fix salary as it's performance based till some levels, during exposure trips and on local field food and transport one have to manage on their own.

3 people found this review helpful

Communications & social media manager, Appco Group India

Thank you very much for your feedback. We’re pleased to know that you enjoyed your time while being associated with Appco Group India and that the role helped you develop such a broad range of skills. Business associates in the Appco India network are contracted on a self-employed basis and are paid on performance. This gives them flexible working opportunities, allowing them to determine their level of commitment and take control of their income. However, we understand this model is not for everyone, as you say, and is best suited to people with an entrepreneurial mindset. Please contact us at communication@appcoindia.com if you would like to discuss your experience further with us. We wish you every success!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews