Appco Group Employee Reviews about "door to door"

Updated Sep 20, 2021

16 Comments

Advertising

116.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Appco Group~407500
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "door to door"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

BE A SELLER NOT A TELLER

Jan 21, 2015 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked in the San Diego Office, walking door to door, raising financial sponsorship support to children and families around the world in desperate situations. I had previously worked at ground level in many of these countries and have personally seen these children get the help that is needed, because of sponsorships. Appco is doing a fantastic job in the promotion of these charities. Of course you have to be a foot soldier with a positive attitude and tenacity. Grow your own teams with a potential of high gains for yourself. Gaining incredible knowledge each morning, and it's free! Working with different teams and leaders each day, going on trips, winning prizes Including massive rally's. Growth of opening your own office here in USA with the funding and backing of the Appco Group. You do receive a basic salary including credits for each child sponsored, not like other companies where you have to be trained, then write exams, of which you pay. You do get medical assistance if injured on duty. The management team are interested in you as a person and their door is always open. The office team, are most helpful to cater to all your questions. Working for Appco is not for the faint hearted!

Cons

3 things that can never come back when gone: ⌚️ Time 😛 Words 🌟 Opportunity 3 things that make a person 💪 Hardwork 👼 Sincerity 🙌👠👞 Commitment

Global Head of Communications

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. It's great to hear that you're getting so much out of working with Appco US. We're really proud of the way we are able to help charities raise the funds they need to do their vital work - and it's thanks to people like you that we can continue to support them. Like you say, this business is certainly not for everyone, but for those who do enjoy it and are willing to work hard there are real benefits. Every day, we see so many people prosper within our own organisation and in other careers – thanks to the skills and broad knowledge they've acquired – and we will continue to support people's progression as much as we can.

2. 1.0

Don't fall for their BS

Nov 7, 2019 - Team Lead in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great energy, people are great and you get your exercise in. learn good sales tips.

Cons

First you will walk all the streets (door-to- door) a full shift in your interview attire, just as a test if you can handle the basic requirement of the job. Your basic pay is around $75 a day for each sale you will receive $15-$20. Your goal is 2 a day. still scrap money. Typically work 10-12 hrs per day. 6 days a week.

3. 1.0

company sucks

Nov 16, 2014 - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

you will enjoy great friendly environment at office, improve your interactions

Cons

worst job to work for, go door to door to sale and it doesn't matter either there is a heavy rain or snowfall. when you cannot make even 1 sale at your first week they will fire you. you need to work from morning 9 AM to 11pm at night and working 15 hours a day you will earn only $70 per day. You wear suit to go office and change to go on field. They just want to prove they are professionals and speaks like they are billion dollar company. But there main job is to raise fund going door to door and asking for donation to help childrens. Nobody want make a fool out of themselves, there are far better opportunities than working in such place. working here will frustrate you when you go door to door and people will be mad at you saying GO HAVE A LIFE.

11 people found this review helpful

Global Head of Communications

Thanks for taking the time give us your feedback. It's important to say that we are extremely proud of the work we do for charities, who choose to partner with us because our fundraisers are so incredibly dedicated to bringing them the donors they need to continue their vital work. We're the first to admit that this job is not for everyone, and you will work outdoors in all types of weather. We provide training and support to help everyone perform at their best and understand that it takes longer for some people to become confident in this role. Appco USA does not encourage field representatives (FRs) to work more than 8 hours per day. Working hours are 11:30am to 8:30pm, Monday to Friday, with an hour for lunch. This equates to a standard 40-hour working week. FRs can also work Saturdays if they choose to. All Appco US staff members are W2 employees with a base salary. They also receive performance-based incentives and a separate bonus structure. Please feel free to contact us if you’d like to discuss your experience or any of the above information in more detail: contactus@appcogroupus.com

4. 1.0

It's not for everyone

Feb 9, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people who work there do their best to make you feel part of the group

Cons

Long hours, very little pay and if you want to earn more, you have to go door to door and "pitch" people about some cause or another and make them give up their hard-earned money. It's a multi-level marketing scam and I quit after a week and a half because my conscience couldn't handle ripping off people after i realized what im doing,

10 people found this review helpful

Global Head of Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear of colleagues doing their best to make you feel included. However, we are sorry to see that, overall, your experience was not a positive one. Just to clarify, it sounded as if you were contracted by a marketing company, not by Appco UK. Appco UK is the first to admit that direct sales is not for everyone. As well as having to develop sales ability, the role does require hard work and perseverance. For these reasons, many people find it is not for them. However, we believe self-employment does give people choices and opportunities. Many people use the skills they develop – confidence, public speaking, sales, self-discipline – in other careers, while others choose to build their own business and sub-contract with Appco UK. We are proud of the thousands of brand ambassadors across the UK who have or are currently working hard and enjoying what they do, or who have used their skills to go on to successful careers in other industries. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with you. Please feel free to contact us at customerservice@appcogroup.co.uk

5. 1.0

Save Yourself the Trouble

Feb 10, 2016 -  in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool office even though you don't spend much time there.

Cons

Everything else. They make you go into these multiple interviews just for a door to door soliciting job. You'll spend hours there and make waaaay less than minimum wage each day unless you get someone to buy into what you're selling. Don't waste your time here.

10 people found this review helpful

Global Head of Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to promote what we do and expect everyone to advertise and recruit in an open and honest way. We are very sorry to hear that has not been your experience and we will be looking into this further. Please do contact us if you would like to discuss your experience in more detail: contactus@appcogroupus.com

6. 1.0

Door to door sales

Sep 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

-door to door sales, they don’t tell you that in the interview. You find out on your first shift. Would have been nice if they were open about it since they knew I was coming from out of town. -pretty sure it’s a scam and the money doesn’t actually go to the charity. Getting people to sign up for monthly donations was the only option, one time donations weren’t allowed. -10 hour days Monday-Saturday. No pay unless you get minimum two people to sign up. Very difficult to do in Toronto where they have people coming to their door asking for money every day.

7. 3.0

Legit

Dec 28, 2020 - BDM Manager in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Raw door to door sales knowledge

Cons

No fixed salary. Dependent on sales

8. 1.0
    Former Contractor

Sales Representative

Oct 31, 2020 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team I worked with was nice.

Cons

It's Door-to-Door sales, long hours

9. 2.0

Extremely Cheap Job Profile

Jul 21, 2015 - Management Trainee in Calcutta
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you can do what they ask you to do.They will train you to teach others what you do,and in turn giving a greater commission.They work as a chain. If youre ok with losing your self respect, going door to door asking for charity money after studying so much, this is the job for you.

Cons

They dont tell you the real deal till the END of the interview process, which normally takes 3 days. you land up wasting your time.Extremely deceiving job profile.They rope in youngsters good in comminication skills, promise you lacs of money by the end of one year BUT.. you need to go door to door asking for charity, selling tata sky set top boxes, airtel sims etc. They work as a chain.people who do do this well for some time are given the opportunity to "train" other gullible people like them and after a few time they become "Strategic Business Managers" where you operate as subsidiary of the Holding Co. and have a crew of gullible youngsters going door to door selling stuff while you enjoy most of the commissions.

17 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee

It's a cult - avoid it like the plague

Dec 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll know exactly what to watch out for if any other cult tries to recruit you.

Cons

It's a cult, multi-level marketing, pyramid scheme - SCAM. Comes in many forms under many difference "independent" marketing companies which often shut down and change their names to avoid liability. 100% commission door to door sales in all weather, 70 hours a week. Cultish tactics - lovebombing when you first join, they give you monetary incentives to make you believe that direct marketing is lucrative but by week 2 or 3 you will realise that you will earn next to nothing but by then you are brainwashed, using specific terminology like "negging out," "the field" "SEE principle," "3 steps" all to make you conform and fall in line. They sell you The Dream that you will be an owner in a year's time and will constantly make you focus on the future and not talk about how terrible your current working conditions are. Will belittle and guilt trip you if you take a day off even though they tell you you are self-employed and are your own boss. This isn't even the half of it. I could give an hour long lecture on how awful my experience in this company was. If you stay in this cult for longer than a few weeks it will destroy your social and personal life, your self-esteem and your finances. And they don't care because there is a revolving door and more desperate young/unemployed people to replace you and spit you out again. Don't even bother. If they call you (and they will about twenty minutes after you apply) hang up.

Communications Manager

We are sorry that your experience as an independent contractor was not a positive one. However, we must clarify that, as an independent contractor, you were contracted to a specialist marketing company and were not employed by or contracted to Appco Australia. Independent contracting gives people choices, control and flexibility in the way they choose to work. If this was not your experience, please get in touch with us at icenquiries@appcogroup.com.au so we can investigate further. We must also clarify that Appco Australia is not a pyramid scheme. A pyramid scheme requires people to personally contribute financially in order to operate in that business, and they are then paid for recruiting people into the business. No one within Appco Australia’s business is engaged or paid in this way, nor are they ever required to make a personal financial contribution to the business. We believe the same is true of the third-party suppliers we use, like the marketing company you were contracted to. We are the first to admit that direct sales is not for everyone and many people find it is not for them. However, many others do go on to develop skills – confidence, public speaking, sales, self-discipline – that benefit them in other careers, and others go on to build their own marketing businesses. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with you in more detail. Please feel free to contact us at icenquiries@appcogroup.com.au

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Reviews