KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Appco Group

Is this your company?

Appco Group

Add a Review

Appco Group Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Nov 28, 2019

Found 41 of over 630 reviews

2.9
Appco Group Founder and Chairman  Chris Niarchos
Chris Niarchos
Pros
  • "Fun cooperative work environment(in 41 reviews)

• "No Pros, work here if u are good at Sales(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours ,poor work life balance(in 70 reviews)

• "It's Door-to-Door sales, long hours(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Advertising

What career advice would you give your 30-year-old self? 😇

3,000

251 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Experience

Aug 25, 2016 - Sales and Marketing Field Representative in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Full Training Program - Sales/Marketing and/or Business Development. Promotional Structure, fun, team work, positive work environment, entry level so no experience required

Cons

The work hours are long and for many people who are used to a regular 9-5 job it can seem like a lot but at the end of the day if you put in the effort you can make great money plus weekends free

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Appco Group sales performance review

Jul 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work environment, people have great attitudes

Cons

Mostly commission based

1 person found this review helpful

Communications & social media manager, Appco Group India

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad that you appreciated the positive work environment that Appco India Network offers. Appco Group India contracts with independent marketing companies, which in turn contract business associates, on a self-employed basis to conduct field sales work. We expect all of the independent marketing companies that are contracted with us to operate in a transparent and honest way at all times as well as maintain a healthy work environment. Please email us at communication@appcoindia.com if you would like to discuss your experience further.

3. 4.0

Formative Intro to Sales Experience, but for a short term employment

Feb 27, 2017 - Sales Representative in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked as a Sales Reprentative and Professional Fundraiser at a Appco Group direct marketing agency in Pasadena, CA. The experience was definitely very formative, however it depends largely on the "Leader" you are paired with. I was luckily paired with a very good "Leader" so my experience was very beneficial, particularly for future sales positions. Other pros include: - dynamic and fun work environment - formative and extensive training process (however this depends on who trains you)

Cons

The recruitment and training process is not organized and can be very chaotic. Management does not always recruit often which makes the promotional process slow. Often times leaders are not accountable for their training process.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Appco Experience

Aug 24, 2016 - Training Manager in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, friendly Coworkers, nice pay, the causes in which you support are phenomenal. The people you meet and connections you make are for a lifetime.

Cons

Not really a con but in order to be successful in this business you have to be dedicated to your work with zero distractions.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Training Manager

Oct 24, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, great people, really positive. Lots of opportunity

Cons

The pay. It is what you make it and if you don't make sales it's assumed you're not trying hard enough-- sometimes it is the case but sometimes it really is the people. You can't control if people can or want to donate sometimes, no matter what you try.

Global Head of Communications

We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback, and it's great to hear that you enjoyed the work environment, people and opportunities available. You are right that the sales industry can be challenging and Appco provides lots of coaching and mentoring opportunities to help people manage these challenges. All Appco US staff members are W2 employees with a base salary. In addition, they receive performance-based incentives and a separate bonus structure. However, we will look at what additional support we can provide to guide people through their sales journey.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Campaign manager

Oct 13, 2015 - Training and Development Manager in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, awesome opportunities to travel and financially grow.

Cons

Work entirely to long work hours and don't get paid what I believe is deserved for the work done, and we are not always faulty compensated with our recruitment to grow the way we need in terms of promotions .

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to learn

Nov 28, 2019 - Executive Crew Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Training on sales and building teams 2. atmosphere, work environment, peer to peer learning 3. Basics and system for sales

Cons

No cons as company is good and its us who chose to be there

Legal & Compliance Manager

Thank you for providing the feedback about your experience and it's wonderful to know you are using your knowledge learned ongoing.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing experience, would highly recommend to anyone wishing to learn sales and management

Jul 4, 2019 - Sales Team Leader in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing sales training Life changing positivity training and people skills The things I learned are worth more than the money I made Fun cooperative work environment Ability to earn and advance at your sole discretion

Cons

Definitely not for entitled millennials expecting cushy jobs because they have a university education Experience negativity in the field but are trained on how to get through it If you don't sell you don't earn much

Global Head of Communications

What a great review for us to read. Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience working with us.

9. 4.0

Business associate

Jun 27, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment . Good team effort

Cons

Bad pay long working hours

Communications Manager

Thank you for your review. We welcome feedback that helps improve our practices and the experience for independent contractors who represent our clients' brands. Please do contact us at icenquiries@appcogroup.com.au if you would like to discuss your experience further. Thanks, Appco Australia

10. 4.0

Marketing Intern

Sep 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Young work environment, very high energy. Pay is on a commission basis so you have the ability to make a ton of money, but if you're not good at it you won't be making much. It's a door to door sales job so each day is different.

Cons

They are not upfront with what the position is. They advertise it as an "internship" but in reality it is a door-to-door sales job. This may not be for everyone, but if you're someone to has little to no real work experience, if you're successful at the job it can be a great opportunity. The hours are very long (you'll be working from 10am to 9pm), and pay is based on a commission basis. This can be good or bad depending on whether you're successful or not.

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review – it's great to hear that you enjoyed your time as an independent contractor. Just to clarify, as an independent contractor, you were contracted to a marketing company and not employed by or contracted to Appco.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews