Appeagle Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Appeagle CEO Koby Kasnett
Koby Kasnett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "One of the biggest opportunities I've ever had"

Current Employee - Customer Development Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Development Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Appeagle full-time

Pros

-Ability to voice your opinion and know your voice is being heard
    -Truly care about your growth (career wise) & your wellbeing/happiness
    -Company is growing rapidly
    -Enjoy the ability to re-design my desk whenever I'd like / Pleasant atmosphere to work in
    -There is no pressure, work and life balance has never been an issue
    -It's like working with one big family who all want the absolute best for the company
    -Awesome Perks: Free lunch, ability to order FreshDirect snacks/drinks, Health & Wellness promotions, office supplies for desk, puppy fridays etc

Cons

-Sometimes the company puppy runs away from me.

Advice to Management

We are on the road to success. Thank you for all that you have done, your hard work never goes unrecognized. Keep it up!

2. "Pleasure in the Job Puts Perfection in the Work."

Current Employee - Head of Customer Experience in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Head of Customer Experience in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Appeagle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone on this team is an all-star. Knowing that whether it's marketing, customer success, engineering or the leadership teams all handle their work and communication at a high level is incredibly motivating. This company is laser focused on growth, environment, and a work-life balance. This was the first and only job I interviewed for out of college and couldn't have been luckier. It also helps that every Friday is a half day....YEAR ROUND. From the awesome team to the fully stocked kitchen, Appeagle is a great place to work with people who believe in what we're doing, and that's important.

Cons

Some parts of the process are still experiencing growing pains (as to be expected with a young expanding company) and throughout my time here, have gotten much, much better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to celebrate the people who work here. The team you have built is phenomenal and will achieve greatness if you continue to let us.

3. "Awesome place to work"

I have been working at Appeagle full-time

Pros

relaxed environment, friendly coworkers, endless perks (free breakfast/ lunch/ snacks, unlimited vacation), dog-friendly office, customizable work stations, clearly defined departments and workloads

Cons

not many at all. at times, a lack of transparency from leadership that results in impromptu shifts in the direction of the product

Advice to Management

continue to be open of current and future plans so that employees are not taken by surprise by or question something.

"Awesome company, awesome people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Englishtown, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Englishtown, NJ

I have been working at Appeagle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management shares the same views as developers. Unheard of, I know... You learn a lot just by speaking to people near you. Ask questions and they will be welcomed. No criticism at all. The most organized and driven folk you'll ever meet in a start-up.

I am in a young company with really intelligent, courteous, professional, and driven individuals. I am loving it here.

Cons

Commute can be a bit much, but overall, worth the distance!

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent job of motivating employees by leading by example and embracing the democratic process.

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Appeagle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been an engineer for 15+ years and I finally feel like I'm at home. The product we're developing is at the forefront of the industry and is actually pretty interesting. The company is heavily focused on creating a culture of inclusion, discussion, and collaboration. The team is passionate, engaged, and creative. It feels like a cross between a rock band and a baseball team. We're in this together and we all are good at what we do.

Cons

The team is playful and nobody is going to tell you to focus. If you aren't a self starter you are going to struggle here.

Advice to Management

Keep on it. We're asking all the right questions and sourcing our answers from a talented team. Keep being selective when hiring and the culture will continue to flourish.

"You can cancel your job search."

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Appeagle full-time

Pros

Fantastic work environment with a continuous push for perfection. Everyone in the office pulls their own weight which you rarely find at large corporate companies. Shortened Fridays all year long allows for a longer, more restful weekend. If you're a hard working individual with the drive to succeed in a fast growing SaaS company, look no further, we're right here!

Cons

Recruiting is difficult when you look for the best of the best, but if you find yourself in a seat in this office, you've made the right move.

Advice to Management

Keep us focused on the right path and we'll continue to succeed as a business, and we'll grow as a family!

Appeagle Response

Apr 26, 2016 – HR Generalist

We do have a great group and only look to add the best! Thanks for recognizing that and for being a part of it all!

7. "Best job ever!"

I have been working at Appeagle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can honestly say I work for people who really care about me and my family. Our founders are some of the best people I've ever known. This place has challenged me in all the right ways and I'm proud of the person I'm becoming because of it.
    There's just never a dull moment and I can honestly say I'm doing something new and interesting almost daily.

Cons

I really tried to think of some ....but nothing.....

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

8. "I actually enjoy going to work"

I have been working at Appeagle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hard work is appreciated and noted.
    Coworkers are awesome.
    Perks (lunch/snacks/half day fridays)

Cons

I didn't find it sooner

Advice to Management

Don't change anything.

"People First"

Current Employee - Systems Integrator in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Systems Integrator in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Appeagle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People first attitude all the way. Everything is built around the employees and it's really great to be a part of something like this. As a member of the engineering group it doesn't stop there, the technology is top notch. I'm surrounded by top notch thinkers and doers and it makes me want to be better as well.

Cons

It takes an added ounce of self-control to focus on delivering.

Advice to Management

No advice, they're doing it right.

10. "Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Appeagle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The camaraderie at Appeagle is amazing. The engineering team has become a solid unit where every person is ready to help each other out, do peer reviews and work on projects together. I've never worked in such an integrated way and it's fantastic.

Also the leadership is tight, responsible and always focused on doing the right thing for its employees. Hard to say that about most companies

Cons

With any startup there's always growing pains as departments form and systems get put into place, but at Appeagle the employees take such an integral role in those decisions as well

Advice to Management

It's refreshing to have bosses that seriously care about the well-being and overall happiness of their employees, my advice would be to maintain that core focus as we grow