The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Appen? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Appen employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "flexible and perfectly work from home" (in 539 reviews)
- "The hours are flexible and you get to choose if you want to do a job or not." (in 258 reviews)
- "Good money and work hours" (in 75 reviews)
- "The salaries are good for a college student like me and they always pay it on time." (in 74 reviews)
- "work is steady, payment always on time, flexible schedule" (in 59 reviews)
- "Low pay (depending on project); subject to termination without notice or sufficient explanation" (in 276 reviews)
- "Communication is poor" (in 93 reviews)
- "No benefits and contracted job so work can be unpredictable." (in 82 reviews)
- "Lots of unpaid training and not much employee support or feedback" (in 60 reviews)
- "Management was awful" (in 45 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Appen and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 689 of over 5K reviews
Updated Sep 24, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work from home"Return to all Reviews
- Appen - Crowd | Division of AppenMay 26, 20183.0Social Media EvaluatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
It's great working on your own time and being able to work from home.
They can get back to you pretty slow2
- Appen - Crowd | Division of AppenJan 29, 20183.0Social Media EvaluatorCurrent Contractor, more than 1 yearKirkland, WA
Work from home on your schedule as long as you finish the assigned hours on the assigned days. Not very hard once you get the hang of it. Ok money for not leaving the house.
Contracted position so taxes at the end of the year are way higher. They cut your hours and have shutdowns with no notice. Project to project not reliable.1