Appetizer Mobile Reviews | Glassdoor

Appetizer Mobile Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2018

3.5
Appetizer Mobile Founder and CEO Jordan Edelson  (no image)
Jordan Edelson

"Relaxed Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Appetizer Mobile full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great relaxed space, friendly employees, and open environment to learn from others.

Cons

Sometimes annoying to travel to middle of city with MTA issues.

Appetizer Mobile2018-07-05

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Appetizer Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team based, compelling environment to work.

Cons

Location near Times Square may be a con to some!

Appetizer Mobile2017-07-21

"Bus Dev Intern"

I have been working at Appetizer Mobile

Pros

- Small, intimate team where everybody's input matters. - CEO has a lot of knowledge and experience in app development/building relationships with notable clients - Relaxed, flexible, and easy-going work environment

Cons

-Work in Times Square (Overpriced/low-quality food options, surrounded by tourists, not a lot to do) -Unpaid position (You're notified this in advance, so this is not a surprise)

Appetizer Mobile2016-10-06

"Great enviroment and place to grow"

I have been working at Appetizer Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great friendly environment. The team consists of young, creative and talented people, projects are cool. I've been working at Appetizer Mobile for a year and half now, started as a freelancer and full time now. From what I have seen the talents are not flowing away anywhere but stay at the company which grows. That allows you to learn from the best.

Cons

As a relatively new company salaries might be not the most competitive, at the beginning.

Appetizer Mobile2016-09-23

"Business Development Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Appetizer Mobile

Pros

Opportunity to learn soft skills (especially public speaking) Contribute your opinions/ideas during meetings with clients Going to events to network is a part of the job. So you're not always sitting in the office in front of your computer.

Cons

Unpaid. You get commission on any leads that result in a closed deal. You never really "clock out". You may sometimes have to work from home even after you leave the office. But the amount of work you will increase your chances of getting more leads.

Appetizer Mobile2016-08-18

"Business development"

I have been working at Appetizer Mobile

Pros

Great opportunity to make great connections. Fun and laid back work environment. Right in the middle of times square so which makes it all the more better.

Cons

Sometimes work follows you home, but a lot of the time that just pushes you to want to do better.

Appetizer Mobile2016-08-17

"Be wary of sudden current positive reviews. Developers beware. High churn rate and unfair wages."

Mobile Developer

I worked at Appetizer Mobile

Pros

Office location in Midtown was convenient.

Cons

Toxic work environment. Always in crunch mode. Lots of turnover on devs. Very little structure. Pay rates for devs given expected delivery is unrealistic and exploitive. Focus on quality trumped by fast turnaround and sensational marketing for mediocre apps. Note: Appetizer Mobile doesn't recognize Senior Mobile Developer from previous review because of said lack of structure.

Appetizer Mobile2016-09-08

Appetizer Mobile Response

September 11, 2016Operations

Our agency has a policy of constructively responding and addressing real criticisms and feedback from both current and ex employees. Unfortunately, we're unable to validate the validity of this reviewer as ever being employed by us. What we can say is that we have a tremendous team that has been with us for years and can vouch for the company's credibility and products/services. We recommend future employees considering employment with us read reviews on our agency from leading independent app development review boards. We also invite future prospects to speak and meet our current employees to hear about their experiences with the company. A simple Google search will validate our company's quality work and portfolio. We stand behind our employees and our reputation that we've built over the years.

Continue reading

"It's an alright place for learning but definitely not long term"

I have been working at Appetizer Mobile

Pros

The senior staff here is great. Main developer is friendly and helps me out a lot. Appetizer's location is also very convenient; tons of trains everywhere as it's located right in Time Square. There are two rooms in the office. One for employees and one for the CEO and his wife.

Cons

Not a whole lot of projects. I've been doing tutorials and one in house project. No pay for working here. Extremely low pay from what I've heard from existing developers.

Appetizer Mobile2016-06-08

Appetizer Mobile Response

June 10, 2016Operations

Thanks for your feedback. We'd like the opportunity to sit down with you and address your concerns. The new divisions in rooms just happened recently as a request from the development team to have more space. One office is dedicated to development/design and the other the sales and marketing team. This is natural division of space and just happened recently so teams are still being situated. The CEOs private office has remained unchanged so not sure why you would think the entire office is his. It's also common for interns to be assigned to tutorials with a senior developer's support and to work on in-house projects only until they develop their skill sets. If you feel un-challenged or moving at too slow of a pace please bring that to the attention of your senior developer or CEO. Please also feel free to contact a senior member of the team or the CEO directly to setup a meeting to go over your concerns so they can be addressed. Thank you.

Continue reading

"Creative and Friendly Company"

Current Employee - Game Programmer in New York, NY

I have been working at Appetizer Mobile full-time for less than a year

Pros

Appetizer Mobile is a great environment to work on innovative and fun projects, supported by the company's culture to invest time and resource for the best possible outcome with highest quality, while maintaining flexible and healthy work time. In work, I always get to learn new tech in the market, and experiment it with different technologies, while gaining practical experience that could be utilized in many industries. The staffs and managers are not only supportive friends, but also highly cooperative team members who excel in their own shares of works and communication to keep project moving on smoothly. The CEO has very high level of understanding as he always hear your opinions in essential discussions, before finalizing any decision. On top of that, he is very kind in schedule if you let him know the situation in advance. He is a great motivator that pushes you to the next level of mastery.

Cons

As in every innovative company, creativity and patience are highly required for challenging tasks.

Appetizer Mobile2016-04-04

"Awesome Company!"

Current Employee - Interactive Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Appetizer Mobile full-time for less than a year

Pros

- A perfect place to learn and grow your skills - Laid back work environment - Wide range of talented designers and developers - As a designer, you get free range to do basically anything you want with a project - Company is always pushing to work with the newest and most interesting tech and devices

Cons

- I'd say the only flaw here is working in Times Square. It's not a terrible location, but I personally prefer the less hectic areas of NYC.

Appetizer Mobile2016-03-22