Appirio Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Appirio Global Business Head Erik Duffield
Erik Duffield

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Incredible flexibility to work from home or anywhere in the world with little to no notice at all" (in 43 reviews)

• "Virtual workplace creates the need for Client travel, but it also has a better work life balance" (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work life balance while you are in a complex project" (in 20 reviews)

• "Senior Management makes a perspective about some AM or Managers that they will be working nice but the reality is different" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Bold, transparent leadership--great company culture! My favorite place to work in 20+ years."

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our Leadership is passionate about a great worker experience for Appirians. We use the best internal tools to create frictionless, collaborative teams. Since joining 2 years ago, I have been a part of project teams that have created the best Client work in my career. Virtual workplace creates the need for Client travel, but it also has a better work life balance.

Cons

There has been some turnover since the Wipro acquisition, but those who have stayed are committed and energized.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent and authentic to who you are. You have a vision for Appirio...don't let the Wipro influence overwrite that.

Appirio Response

Apr 12, 2018 – Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. It's awesome to hear that Appirio is your favorite employer in your 20 year career! I appreciate your advice as well. Culture at the core remains... More

"Enjoy working with a lot of capable people"

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Just finished my 3rd year @ Appirio. Overall, it has been a very positive experience. I enjoy working with very dedicated and capable people. The projects are diverse so you can get a lot of exposure to a lot of different industries. Appirio is by far the most transparent company that I have every worked for which is refreshing. The CEO will address any question that is raised head on and tell you what they are doing about it, even if the question is not quite appropriate for the forum. Appirio has had a fair amount of turnover recently but I think things are stabilizing now. Of the people I know that left, most were because there were other opportunities to be involved at startup orgs, not because the culture at Appirio was bad (my experience only).

Cons

The Wipro acquisition has been a bit of an unknown. Unfortunately, many of the experiences I have had with Wipro within Appirio reflect the "low cost, squeeze-prices-down" mentality that Wipro is known for which is not why I came to (and stay at) Appirio. I am holding my breath that they keep Appirio separate from Wipro as they have and let us do our thing in peace.

Advice to Management

The only way that you will keep the best and the brightest at Appirio is to keep the bean-counting Wipro folks at bay. If they are unleashed on the org many (including myself) are just primed to head for the doors.

"Being a Salesforce consultant offers many challenges and constant growth, but competitive pay is not offered to everyone"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Varied experiences, plenty of career growth opportunities, flexible work conditions, and a great support system.

Cons

Pay isn't very competitive and company culture has taken a hit since Wipro acquired Appirio

Advice to Management

A lack of competitive pay has lead to many people leaving. Appirio is a nice place to get started in the consulting world, but there doesn't seem to be much reason for people to stay after a few years.

"Appirio is Becoming a Wipro Company More Each Day"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance. Work hard/play hard culture.
    Lots of collaboration opportunities as well as autonomy.
    You are treated like an adult and given the freedom to do your job.
    Lots of *Great* tools, truly a cloud company where you can work from anywhere.

Cons

Consultants are leaving in droves. The Wipro culture continues to seep in and the "do more with less" mindset has taken its toll. Wipro's culture of attrition and then just piling work on those who are left caused projects to fail.
    Much of Wipro feels like the 1960s where men can be condescending and adversarial towards women.
    Expense system is cumbersome and severely outdated.

Advice to Management

The best leaders are those who get in the trenches with you. Too often the management style is disengaged.

5. "IT Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing culture and people. Professional, yet casual atomsphere.

Cons

there are very few Cons to working at Appirio.

"Changes recently"

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture has been great in the 5+ years I've been here. At the individual worker level, everyone is great. Willing to jump in and help at a moment's notice. Great Collaboration!

Cons

After the Wipro acquisition, the types of engagements we've seen in the various practices have definitely changed. Scoping has always been an issue, and seems to have gotten worse. We've seen a large exodus in consultants in recent months causing the remaining staff to try to step up and become more overloaded. The benefits since the acquisition have gone up in cost and down in availability of Providers and covered needed.

Advice to Management

Tighten up the Sales process so that your delivery teams are not left with attempting to do 100 hours worth of effort into a project that was promised in 60. Be willing to work keep talented people even if it means making larger than historical salary increases.

7. "Pretty good"

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people working in a great industry (SaaS consulting).

Cons

Feeling the effects of being acquired by a much, much larger company.

Advice to Management

Find a way to carve out a new company identity within the realities of being a subsidiary.

"miss pre-acquisition culture"

I worked at Appirio full-time

Pros

smartest peers in the industry

Cons

Appirio culture no longer present

9. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Technical Lead
    Former Employee - Technical Lead

I worked at Appirio (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, looks after their employees, everyone is very supportive and helpful. Lots of positivity all the way down.

Cons

The nature of enterprise consulting can be a bit drab

"Great company"

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance and an environment that promotes teamwork, learning, development and fun. Appirio has great programs in place to allow people to connect and collaborate even in the remote environment. We are encouraged to learn and grow.

Leadership is always accessible and available. I emailed the CEO not too long ago about a concern and I had a reply within 5 minutes.

Cons

There has been a lot of attrition lately but I don’t know if this is really a con. At the end of the day it just leaves more opportunities for the ones that stay and for new people to come in and contribute to the culture.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent and focused.