Appirio Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Appirio Global Business Head Erik Duffield
Erik Duffield

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Working in the cloud means exactly that, freedom to work from home is real not just a mantra as with some other companies" (in 42 reviews)

• "Virtual workplace creates the need for Client travel, but it also has a better work life balance" (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • "nothing work life balance is greate good to be part of it" (in 19 reviews)

• "Senior Management makes a perspective about some AM or Managers that they will be working nice but the reality is different" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Bold, transparent leadership--great company culture! My favorite place to work in 20+ years."

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our Leadership is passionate about a great worker experience for Appirians. We use the best internal tools to create frictionless, collaborative teams. Since joining 2 years ago, I have been a part of project teams that have created the best Client work in my career. Virtual workplace creates the need for Client travel, but it also has a better work life balance.

Cons

There has been some turnover since the Wipro acquisition, but those who have stayed are committed and energized.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent and authentic to who you are. You have a vision for Appirio...don't let the Wipro influence overwrite that.

Apr 12, 2018 – Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. It's awesome to hear that Appirio is your favorite employer in your 20 year career! I appreciate your advice as well. Culture at the core remains... More

"Great place to work virtually"

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Understand remote worker productivity. Very collaborative environment for a consulting company; co-workers are very willing to help others in a meaningful way

Cons

Not all clients understand how to work remotely - sometimes makes a particular project less effective while coordinating with clietnt.

Jun 27, 2018 – Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. If you'd like to discuss it further, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly. khiatt@appirio.com

3. "Acquisition causing pains"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing. We have incredibly talented and smart people.

Cons

The acquisition has really undermined the values of the company.

Sep 20, 2018 – Global Director, Diversity & Recruiting

Our commitment to our employees is what makes Appirio unique. We strive to create an environment that empowers change, communication, and transparency. As we continue to establish ourselves within... More

"Maybe not the best place to look for a job right now"

I worked at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Super smart coworkers and managers in the Appirio organization.
    * Incredibly flexible schedule because you can trust your coworkers and they trust you to get your work done.
    * Ascend program is a great way to train young talent.

Cons

* Wipro, the company that acquired Appirio, has negatively changed the business culture. Even though the Appirio group is transparent, Wipro is not. Wipro wins contracts by being the lowest priced. Appirio used to win contracts by being the highest quality.
    * There has been a lot of turnover of very, very talented people in a very, very short term. It hurt morale and made a lot of remaining Appirio employees question the future of the company.
    * The sales team is given too much leeway. They don't understand the services they are selling, mess up deals. and take no responsibility for mistakes. There's no oversight of what they're doing.

Sep 20, 2018 – Global Director, Diversity & Recruiting

Aligning workstreams, maximizing economies of scale, and navigating cultural nuance isn't easy but it seems to be invigorating for a lot Appirians. In the coming months, we will continue to explore... More

"No longer an independent company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Remote, OR

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to learn Salesforce.

Cons

Appirio is just a division of Wipro an outsourcing company based in India. Appirio was acquired to give Wipro a bench of Salesforce experts for large customer engagements that include Salesforce. Their only concern is profits. They are not concerned with cultivating, or rewarding, technical expertise.

Erik Duffield, who is an extremely capable guy, is not a CEO and does not have the power to shape the company in any important way. He reports to someone in India and his only charge is to make more money for Wipro.

Decisions are made overseas by people who are disengaged and who see Appirio as a tiny part of a bigger picture. Internally, a pretense of an independent company direction is maintained, but it is simply a smokescreen.

Many reviewers here have mentioned the steady departure of talent. Management maintains that the attrition numbers, while a little high, are nothing to be alarmed about, and ignores the structure of the departures. Senior, experienced people are leaving, and the remaining staff are getting spread thinner and thinner,

This is, of course, leading to loss of clients, and I have started to wonder if Wipro even cares. I believe that they just want to be able to tell their clients "Yes, we have Salesforce experts for that part of your project" and that beyond that they wish Appirio and it's people would go away. From that perspective, things are going great.

Appirio's other practices, Workday, Google, etc. seem to be dissolving; if you work in one of these areas don't come anywhere near Appirio.

Advice to Management

Why bother offering these guys advice? They're not listening,

Sep 20, 2018 – Global Director, Diversity & Recruiting

The acquisition by Wipro is an effort to capitalize on the outstanding reputation of the Appirio brand while leveraging the global reach of Wipro. With that said, we knew that there would be... More

6. "APPIRIO - WALKING DEAD -BAD ACQUISITION OF WIPRO"

I worked at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- If you are interested in a remote job, this company may attract you
    - Work from home option is available, integrated telecommuting into their business model.
    - The Google Suite of applications is used by their employees.
    - HQ in Indiana and one of their satellite office is in Jaipur, India.
    - Apprio had few consultants who are trained to provide Consulting on Workday and Salesforce.

Cons

Sales and Operations - Worse than ever
    Company not profitable
    Top level leadership turnover started in this company in 2017-2018,
    The senior leadership (CFO, CMO, CHRO, Head of Appirio@India, several Senior Consultants) left the organization in last 12 months
    Can't adopt a new business model due to Wipro acquisition

The overall business is underperforming due to poor sales p[ipeline. bad customer services on their existing accounts and unrealistic billing rates.

The workplace culture is very toxic and unproductive to grow in coming years.

This company is on a path to extinction very soon

- Risk to existing or potential customers & employees

Advice to Management

Don't wait till your founder's exit

"Not What It Used to Be"

I worked at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Still some good people at Appirio - but a lot of what made Appirio great is disappearing.

The office in Indianapolis is great, good vibe and smart people are trying to do good work. The customers are good and the atmosphere is fun when not involving the new parent company.

Cons

Too many to mention. If you are expecting a fun, energetic, empowering experience look somewhere else. The new parent company is very bureaucratic, highly dysfunctional, and doesn't value empowered decision making. Decision making is centralized and no amount of logic, reason, experience, or good judgement will persuade the few in power to make good decisions.

Benefits in the US are embarrassingly poor, strategic thought is non-existent, and the long-term outlook is very dim. Distrust is highly pervasive.

Advice to Management

Ignore the new parent company and revert back to what made Appirio an inspirational place to work.

8. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, lots of great people. I had a lot of opportunities to grow my career and build a resume.

Cons

Wipro acquisition and size of company has dampened the culture a little.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work.

Sep 20, 2018 – Global Director, Diversity & Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Happy to hear you enjoyed your time at Appirio.

"Appirio is going through a tough time"

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There was a great culture of learning and sharing knowledge- I think there still is, we just have a lot of newer people since our more seasoned consultants have been in flight-mode.
    People in this company have always been driven, kind, and enthusiastic.
    Indianapolis is a great place to have a headquarters- the city is clean and easy to navigate.
    Lots of management/consulting/growth opportunities due to churn
    Really great relationships with other groups as the company grows globally
    People work very hard and still have optimism through tough times
    To applicants - if you have a positive attitude and want to be a part of an organization where you can really make a difference- please come to Appirio, we need you.

Cons

Dear friends and colleagues are going to other companies, which is impacting the overall sense of community in the company
    There are challenging numbers for merit/promotions, resulting in difficulty retaining talent
    Hostile Q&A meetings due to real/perceived trouble with the new parent company

Advice to Management

This was a great company and I believe it still is- but it seems like we are departing from the Appirio Way. I hope we can reaffirm this soon or build something better- it's hard to watch so many wonderful colleagues depart. No more happy talk- let's get real with what the future looks like and turn this around. Let's get grassroots.

Sep 20, 2018 – Global Director, Diversity & Recruiting

You sum up the heart and soul of Appirio very well: smart, hardworking, driven but kind, open and enthusiastic! Thank you so much!!

That is truly who we are and we are proud of it, but following... More

10. "Good employer"

I have been working at Appirio full-time

Pros

Nice company, good benefits, good colleagues and managers

Cons

Wipro takeover, growth, not many salary increases

Jul 23, 2018 – Senior Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Happy to hear you are enjoying the time at Appirio with your colleagues and managers.