Appirio Senior Consultant - Salesforce.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Appirio Reviews

Updated Jan 13, 2020

3.6
Appirio Global Business Head Andy Chaudhuri (no image)
Andy Chaudhuri
  1. Featured Review

"Great place to work- lots of opportunities"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio part-time for less than a year

Pros

I started working in the early spring of 2019 and love my job! With the Wipro influence, there are endless opportunities for Appirians across the organization. My manager has been very supportive and is quick to get involve to support me in any challenging situations as they arise. I have no intentions of going elsewhere and would recommend my family and friends to work at Appirio.

Cons

The system migration from Google to Microsoft has been a challenge, with some hiccups and bumps along the road, but the end is in sight and Appirio ELT is quick to get involved to escalate as needed.

Advice to Management

Continue to support employees on the day to day challenges of the overall transition now that Appirio is a Wipro company.

Appirio2019-07-16
  2. "Great Company Culture ...yes STILL"

Current Employee - Manager, Consulting in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Appirio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full time remote work Work/life balance (flexible schedule, And I only work over time if I really want to) Learning culture Friendly employees that collaborate, not compete Competitive Salary with annual merit/promo cycle Wipro acquisition created tons of pipeline & opportunity that didn’t exist previously, has provided strategic client partnerships Room for career growth GREAT on boarding experience-I’ve heard they’ve not been great in the past but as of Oct 2019 they have figured it out Develop consulting skills (and get SF certs) that are translatable industry wide Work on creative projects and then get to move on (I.e. you don’t get stuck for years) Leadership is approachable & receptive to feedback

Cons

Lots of employees who were around pre-acquisition complain about systems. There’s some annoyances but they’re not any worse (and are often better still) than other places I’ve worked

Advice to Management

Stop doing the anonymous Q&A in a public forum. Make it private. Best of intentions, but you’re basically asking to be “twitter trolled” Stop telling people the culture is getting better. It’s great, let it speak for itself. The vast majority of Appirians weren’t even around for the old, pre-acquisition culture.

Appirio2019-11-07
  3. "Acquisition ruined culture and growth potential."

Former Employee - Associate Consultant

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture was, keywork was, awesome.

Cons

The acquisition had a huge corporate culture mismatch, so many of us felt that there was no longer a chance for any career growth. Wipro heavily favors underpaying newer resources rather than rewarding experience.

Appirio2019-12-01
  4. "Work hard, play hard"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You hours are dictated by you and your clients; remote work is amazing

Cons

Work hours can be a bit crazy in regards to the volume of work you'll have

Appirio2019-11-11
  5. "Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good ...mange by employees and hard work

Cons

Improve the management and iter also know

Appirio2019-11-15
  6. "SI that’s expanding because of Wipro acquisition"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in New York, NY

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ability to work on projects in something other than Sales or Service cloud implementation. FSC, HC, Coveo, CPQ, Vlocity are all part of a robust pipeline. Major emphasis on Mulesoft. Pays better than other SI partners of SFDC and even the mothership.

Cons

Wipro is a beast. Has to be able to work all over the world. It’s getting better.

Advice to Management

More attention to regrettable attrition. Move along the people who deserve promos faster. New ideas needed on how to run the biz.

Appirio2019-09-21

"Wipro Impact on Appirio"

Former Employee - Consulting Management

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Appirio has a great work-from-home philosophy that has been incredibly successful. Collaboration and teamwork is still placed as a high priority and the culture of everyone being on video (regardless of day/time/what we're wearing!) has made a huge impact in making everyone feel like an integral part of the company without having to physically be in the same location.

Cons

The impact of the Wipro acquisition has significantly changed the culture at Appirio and the approach to delivery has been impacted as well. The migration to Wipro systems and processes has made what used to be a nimble, agile, well-oiled operation become complicated and very frustrating. Attrition has been very high and most of the culture warriors at Appirio have left. Delivery has also suffered from all the attrition. Senior leaders who have left have been replaced by Wipro, which doesn't have the same culture of respect and collaboration. It has been a slow erosion over several years and I suspect will only get worse. If you are in a role where you never interact with Wipro, then you will be fine at Appirio. If you are in a role that you do interact it can be very challenging . If diversity and inclusion are important to you, then take a look at the Executive and Senior Leadership teams at Appirio and Wipro. It is enormously discouraging and VERY representative of the lack of focus and value placed on diversity and inclusion.

Advice to Management

I don't know that management at Appirio has much control over what is happening to Appirio anymore. Unless Wipro starts to value and respect the talent that remains at Appirio, attrition will continue. But most suspect that was the intention all along.

Appirio2019-09-29
  8. "Great place"

Former Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good mgmt team, plent of opportunity

Cons

Fast-paced and lots of change

Advice to Management

keep going

Appirio2019-09-19

"Formerly bold company that lost its way"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote work environment. Opportunities to work on large, global, enterprise-wide projects. High volume of recent resignations, including many leadership roles, has led to opportunities for advancement.

Cons

This is difficult to write because I came to Appirio because it was known as a bold company with a great culture that was not afraid to take risks. What has emerged after this year’s integration with parent company, Wipro is a company and leadership (what’s left of them) that feels resigned to mediocrity. There are now hints from leadership that the remote culture that values flexibility is going away. As larger Wipro customers demand more on-site staffing, travel demands are expected to increase. Integrating with Wipro’s systems is also a challenge. These systems are often down without warning and if you have any problems, the only option is to submit an online help ticket which could be randomly closed without reason. The new systems hinder project transparency and make it difficult for team members to coordinate while project managers and people managers struggle to understand what their team members are doing on a daily basis. The challenging part about being a consultant should be the actual “work”, not navigating the back-end processes that support (or rather don’t support) project work. Unfortunately, there just doesn’t seem to be any solution to this problem. When responding to concerns from the organization, leadership has been less than transparent — especially with the historical high level of recent resignations. Often you don’t even know a colleague has left the company until weeks after they departed. In short, the following cons: Disappearing innovative culture. Less flexibility at work. More red tape. Lack of transparency. Low staff morale. Frustrating internal systems.

Advice to Management

Open up about ongoing problems and don’t be afraid of transparency. Rediscover the bold vision that set Appirio apart from the crowd.

Appirio2019-09-29

"Awful"

Former Employee - Senior Business Architect

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Used to be a Ok Company

Cons

Awful all around. Wipro and ruined Appirio

Appirio2019-10-16