Appirio Salesforce Developer Reviews | Glassdoor

Appirio Salesforce Developer Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2019

3.5
Appirio Global Business Head Andy Chaudhuri (no image)
Andy Chaudhuri
1 Rating

"Excellent Team, Terrible Company"

Former Employee - Salesforce Developer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Teammates and managers that cared and supported you as a whole person, not just as a worker bee. Remote work possible on days you needed it. Office snack selection was excellent. Office location was convenient for attending shows and sports events within walking distance after work.

Cons

Wipro killed the culture. I know what you are thinking, "Quit playing ping pong and do your job, you whiney millennials!" It's not about that. I hate ping pong and don't drink beer. I'm not some Silicon Prairie ultra-brah. Appirio spent time and money helping it's employees be the very best, without fear of attrition because it knew that the employee experience was so good that even with the Salesforce tower right down the street Appirio couldn't be beat. The culture of "just get the work done" without micromanaging the how. We were treated like professionals, not children. Switched from Google to Office 365 with a few weeks notice without any consideration for how that would affect our workflow. Appirio has a Google practice, but was no longer using Google. Cool. Then came timesheets, for a team that didn't bill hours. My team was a square peg for Wipro's round holes. No longer reimbursing for failed certification attempts. Before the official policy was you got your first 2 tries paid for. The funny part about that is, with Salesforce a first attempt is $200 and retries are $100. So if you fail your first and pass your second it only costs them $100. Really discourages achievement. Especially since the salaries are nothing special. I was making 15-25% less than equally qualified friends at Salesforce. Teammates from other practices were sold like cattle to Alight. People sitting 10 feet from me no longer worked for the same company. Right at the end of the fiscal year. Gotta make that bottom line.

Advice to Management

You don't care. You don't want strong willed employees, you want drones. Chris Barbin made his millions and is off in Mexico making tequila and doing rich people venture capitalist things. "Interim Erik" is off at another consulting firm blowing vaporware up people's holes. Andy, just keep telling your employees about your world travels while being completely incapable of reading the room.

Appirio2019-07-19
  2. "Depends on Project"

Current Employee - Salesforce Developer

I have been working at Appirio full-time

Pros

-Work from home -Ascend program is great

Cons

Some projects are great for Work-life balance and others are more demanding like many consulting companies

Appirio2019-08-02

"Awesome Organization..If you get a chance please spend some years with this organization."

Former Employee - Salesforce Developer in Jaipur, Rajasthan

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture and the talent that appirio possess is great. The policies, cafeteria, cab facilities, events, work life balance all the things are amazing. After the merger of wipro and appirio many policies like MAS, LTA,VISA and travel related or tax related and other such policies which are migrated from wipro are quite beneficial for employees. Wipro hasn't put much pressure to dissolve the culture of appirio.

Cons

After the acquisition there are some policies which are not that good as it used to be earlier. The appraisal process or the hike cycle and the time it takes the process to be completed is quite high as of now in the appirio wipro world. It might get better with time. The mediclaim for parents is quite costly in wipro.

Advice to Management

The only advice to management is that there has always been a good amount of talented people in appirio. What we see right now is that the new candidates hired via wipro or may be from the wipro free pool are not that competent and should be trained well or filtered in such a way that it doesn't impact the goodwill appirio has made in the cloud ecosystem.

Appirio2019-08-19
  4. "A great experience on a young and innovative team."

Salesforce Developer in Porto, Oporto

I have been working at Appirio

Pros

A company far better than the consulting universe that currently dominates technical jobs in Portugal

Cons

Sometimes the holding (Wipro) just fills the job with bureaucracy non-sense. They must adapt themselves faster to the country where they have the people in.

Advice to Management

Philanthropy work is highly appreciated but don't forget that sometimes high bureaucracy is just a limit to the team's innovative and building capacity

Appirio2019-08-11
  5. "Salesforce Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Salesforce Developer in Jaipur, Rajasthan

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Experience so far, hope to get better

Cons

Need to reduce current attrition.

Appirio2018-09-20