Appirio Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Appirio Senior Consultant Reviews

Updated Sep 29, 2019

3.8
Appirio Global Business Head Andy Chaudhuri (no image)
Andy Chaudhuri
1 Rating

"Great consulting organization and place to grow"

Current Employee - Senior Salesforce Consultant in Remote, OR

I have been working at Appirio full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Remote work, and flexibility, especially within consulting world + Variety of work and projects (and ability to request project changes) + Investment in employee growth with training, certifications, special projects + Wealth of internal knowledge and focus on expertise + Generally positive and good culture - especially hard to find within consulting! + Great benefits + Strategic alignment with Salesforce, and very strategic in the market Overall, Appirio is an amazing company to work for. The variety in projects, internal work, and teams keeps things fresh and exciting - and employees have constant challenge to grow and develop. In contrast with many consulting organizations, Appirio has a positive, team focused culture. You won't find the cutthroat, backstabby, win at all costs here that can be found in some consulting organizations - and employee health and balance is truly valued. The company is evolving, and so reviews may highlight negative aspects of growth and change - but these are at the heart of growth, and consulting. Appirio is very strategic, and forward thinking, and continues to be an amazing place to work.

Cons

- Wipro integration has been somewhat clunky - Culture can be heavily project team driven - instead of org driven (this is more general to consulting, and not specific to Appirio)

Advice to Management

Appirio management • Please keep focusing on the integration, and challenging the status quo • Keep doing what you're doing. Investing in employees, products, culture - and don't let up Wipro management • Be open to change, and continue to have Appirio push the envelope

Appirio2019-06-14

"Formerly bold company that lost its way"

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote work environment. Opportunities to work on large, global, enterprise-wide projects. High volume of recent resignations, including many leadership roles, has led to opportunities for advancement.

Cons

This is difficult to write because I came to Appirio because it was known as a bold company with a great culture that was not afraid to take risks. What has emerged after this year’s integration with parent company, Wipro is a company and leadership (what’s left of them) that feels resigned to mediocrity. There are now hints from leadership that the remote culture that values flexibility is going away. As larger Wipro customers demand more on-site staffing, travel demands are expected to increase. Integrating with Wipro’s systems is also a challenge. These systems are often down without warning and if you have any problems, the only option is to submit an online help ticket which could be randomly closed without reason. The new systems hinder project transparency and make it difficult for team members to coordinate while project managers and people managers struggle to understand what their team members are doing on a daily basis. The challenging part about being a consultant should be the actual “work”, not navigating the back-end processes that support (or rather don’t support) project work. Unfortunately, there just doesn’t seem to be any solution to this problem. When responding to concerns from the organization, leadership has been less than transparent — especially with the historical high level of recent resignations. Often you don’t even know a colleague has left the company until weeks after they departed. In short, the following cons: Disappearing innovative culture. Less flexibility at work. More red tape. Lack of transparency. Low staff morale. Frustrating internal systems.

Advice to Management

Open up about ongoing problems and don’t be afraid of transparency. Rediscover the bold vision that set Appirio apart from the crowd.

Appirio2019-09-29

"Great company, Cautious outlook"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everything was awesome, then Wipro purchased them.

Cons

Wipro has changed this company so much that it's unrecognizable. They sold the Workday and Cornerstone practices, consolidated support roles and marketing, and now are going to stop using G suite and Salesforce. This company use to eat it's own dog food, which set it apart from the rest...those days are gone.

Advice to Management

EAT YOUR OWN DOGFOOD AGAIN, disrupt the industry, don't fade away into Wipro.

Appirio2019-03-26

"Great place to work, so far."

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work remotely, great co-workers, and a fun culture.

Cons

Slowly changing after merger with Wipro.

Advice to Management

Listen to your own messaging of virtuous cycle aka happy employees means happy customers.

Appirio2018-03-01

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, work-life balance, ability to work from home, interesting projects, get work with really smart and fun people, great culture, candid and outspoken CEO.

Cons

lots of turnover (certain roles seem to have more turnover), inexperienced leaders (you have a lot of really good individual contributors who get promoted who have no idea how to be leader), lack of formal career pathing instead of clear path, its about who you know.

Advice to Management

Make a commitment to keeping employees, develop career pathing, set performance and merit review cycles, commit to developing people leaders.

Appirio2017-04-12
  6. "Great Company"

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Agile Disruptive Successful Appirio is beating the odds, slaying the GSI giants and taking names

Cons

Benefit Packages need to mature.

Advice to Management

Retain Talent

Appirio2016-04-29

"Good company"

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good, transparent culture and great people. Created own reputation in a very niche market space. Trying to be competitive in a very cost driven market. Good bonus structure

Cons

Horrible benefits. No room for future vertical growth. No clear structure around promotions and merit increases. The compensation ranges are not at par with competition. All mid size clients.

Advice to Management

Get on with the competition and please add the 401k match. Keep hearing the management is paying attention to reduce attrition rate but no concrete plan in place.

Appirio2016-01-29

"Great Culture"

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great place to work. The culture is exceptional. Coworkers are very intellectual and her are willing to collaborate or assist where needed. Virtual company so you get to work from home or have the option to go into an office if you are local.

Cons

No 401(k) match. The stock plan is not really great at this time because they are private company and the stock is not worth much. It's a virtual company so if you are not used to working from home or working alone you can feel lost sometimes. I like working from home so this is not an issue for me.

Advice to Management

Find a way to implement 401(k) match. Other than that, management does a great job and really represents a great culture.

Appirio2015-12-15

"Great Place for Many People (but not for everyone)"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Appirio full-time

Pros

- Very nice people - honest, helpful, genuine. Everyone seems to have the same talent as a big 5 firm, but not the ego - Allows flexibility for employees to try new areas and take on new responsibilities. There is also a willingness to pay for training classes. - Depending on your department or project, managers understand that people have personal lives and flex time to pick up kids or deal with family situations. - Open flow of knowledge. There is a culture of helping and sharing among the consultants. This is good for customers, and very good for consultants with less experience. This culture is necessary since most workers are remote and need to feel supported and not all on their own. - A great place for new graduates who are super smart self-learners and are self motivated. The options for taking things on and over and not limited by hierarchy. Also a good place for people who are not looking for career advancement and are happy just providing good service to customers.

Cons

- No real career path for most people. There are a few who have been promoted to the top and they don't seem to understand the frustration of many of the others. It is hard to watch your friends and former co-workers at other firms advance their careers while you have the same title for years. This is the reason that most of the experienced people I know have left - you basically have to leave in order to keep your career from stagnating. - Appirio seems to have a hard time finding competent project managers and other mid-level managers.

Advice to Management

Great company - I really like the vision of the CEO. However, put a little more thought into how to keep good employees. It rankles to hear HR say that their main focus is on recruiting top talent, and rarely mention retaining the talent they have. Good people don't want to leave, they just feel like they have to.

Appirio2015-09-30

"Excellent Working in the Cloud!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Whitefish, MT

I have been working at Appirio full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked with boutique firms and with the Big Four over my 20 year career, and working at Appirio has been my best experience so far! Management listens, they really do walk-the-talk. It starts at CEO Chris Barbin and flows down. Employees are supported, we have control of our future and what we want to do with the company, and training is provided when it's needed (not after the fact). Working from home is a HUGE perk with very little travel so far. Truly a diamond in the rough! I've already referred multiple friends to Appirio and will continue to do so.

Cons

Our biggest issue seems to be staffing. The area that I work in we're all working at least 2 projects, so clients sometimes suffer, or our personal lives do, or sometimes both. Average work weeks have been 50+ hours but knowing this is in the comfort of home makes it more bearable. Staffing for project hours is rarely indicative of what we actually work, so our reports may say 30 billable hours to the 50 we're actually working. However, the pros WAY outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and support your employees...it's what sets Appirio apart from the rest! Work on staffing hours more accurately.

Appirio2015-09-22