Appirio "acquisition by wipro" Reviews | Glassdoor

Appirio Employee Reviews about "acquisition by wipro"

Updated Sep 29, 2019

3.7
Appirio Global Business Head Andy Chaudhuri (no image)
Andy Chaudhuri
Pros
Cons
  • "Some projects are great for Work-life balance and others are more demanding like many consulting companies(in 22 reviews)

• "Mired by process, red tapes and politics after the acquisition by Wipro(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "acquisition by wipro"

Return to all Reviews

"Enjoy working with a lot of capable people"

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Just finished my 3rd year @ Appirio. Overall, it has been a very positive experience. I enjoy working with very dedicated and capable people. The projects are diverse so you can get a lot of exposure to a lot of different industries. Appirio is by far the most transparent company that I have every worked for which is refreshing. The CEO will address any question that is raised head on and tell you what they are... doing about it, even if the question is not quite appropriate for the forum. Appirio has had a fair amount of turnover recently but I think things are stabilizing now. Of the people I know that left, most were because there were other opportunities to be involved at startup orgs, not because the culture at Appirio was bad (my experience only).

Cons

The Wipro acquisition has been a bit of an unknown. Unfortunately, many of the experiences I have had with Wipro within Appirio reflect the "low cost, squeeze-prices-down" mentality that Wipro is known for which is not why I came to (and stay at) Appirio. I am holding my breath that they keep Appirio separate from Wipro as they have and let us do our thing in peace.

Advice to Management

The only way that you will keep the best and the brightest at Appirio is to keep the bean-counting Wipro folks at bay. If they are unleashed on the org many (including myself) are just primed to head for the doors.

Appirio2018-11-09

"Wipro Impact on Appirio"

Former Employee - Consulting Management

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Appirio has a great work-from-home philosophy that has been incredibly successful. Collaboration and teamwork is still placed as a high priority and the culture of everyone being on video (regardless of day/time/what we're wearing!) has made a huge impact in making everyone feel like an integral part of the company without having to physically be in the same location.

Cons

The impact of the Wipro acquisition has significantly changed the culture at Appirio and the approach to delivery has been impacted as well. The migration to Wipro systems and processes has made what used to be a nimble, agile, well-oiled operation become complicated and very frustrating. Attrition has been very high and most of the culture warriors at Appirio have left. Delivery has also suffered from all the... attrition. Senior leaders who have left have been replaced by Wipro, which doesn't have the same culture of respect and collaboration. It has been a slow erosion over several years and I suspect will only get worse. If you are in a role where you never interact with Wipro, then you will be fine at Appirio. If you are in a role that you do interact it can be very challenging . If diversity and inclusion are important to you, then take a look at the Executive and Senior Leadership teams at Appirio and Wipro. It is enormously discouraging and VERY representative of the lack of focus and value placed on diversity and inclusion.

Advice to Management

I don't know that management at Appirio has much control over what is happening to Appirio anymore. Unless Wipro starts to value and respect the talent that remains at Appirio, attrition will continue. But most suspect that was the intention all along.

Appirio2019-09-29

"Changes recently"

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company culture has been great in the 5+ years I've been here. At the individual worker level, everyone is great. Willing to jump in and help at a moment's notice. Great Collaboration!

Cons

After the Wipro acquisition, the types of engagements we've seen in the various practices have definitely changed. Scoping has always been an issue, and seems to have gotten worse. We've seen a large exodus in consultants in recent months causing the remaining staff to try to step up and become more overloaded. The benefits since the acquisition have gone up in cost and down in availability of Providers and... covered needed.

Advice to Management

Tighten up the Sales process so that your delivery teams are not left with attempting to do 100 hours worth of effort into a project that was promised in 60. Be willing to work keep talented people even if it means making larger than historical salary increases.

Appirio2018-11-15
  4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, lots of great people. I had a lot of opportunities to grow my career and build a resume.

Cons

Wipro acquisition and size of company has dampened the culture a little.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work.

Appirio2018-08-07

"The thrill is gone."

Current Employee - Salesforce Delivery

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary is high but benefits are truly atrocious.

Cons

Since the acquisition by Wipro in 10/2016, the majority of top end Salesforce delivery talent has moved on. While the end result is a fantastic proliferation of personal references throughout the Salesforce ecosystem and beyond, things are bleak for those remaining. Common customer feedback for 2018 is, 'compared to what sales sold us, the technical members of the delivery team were inexperienced/underwhelming.' ... Appirio has not brought Wipro up to Appirio's former SME-standard. Wipro has brought Appirio down to Wipro's inexperienced body shop-standard.

Advice to Management

Beware the new crop of middle managers that replaced the pre-acquisition managers that moved up to fill in the executive evacuations. Acknowledge that these new folks were staffed from a pool of delivery talent that was depleted due to evacuations of the best contributors from those ranks.

Appirio2018-08-18

"Great culture, not so great aquisition"

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent, extremely intelligent people. Great attention to quality and customer success.

Cons

With growth, comes some challenges. Acquisition by Wipro not a great culture fit and weighed heavy on the Appirio team. Long hours to balance time zones and "fun" factor became strained.

Appirio2018-05-17

"Bold, transparent leadership--great company culture! My favorite place to work in 20+ years."

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Our Leadership is passionate about a great worker experience for Appirians. We use the best internal tools to create frictionless, collaborative teams. Since joining 2 years ago, I have been a part of project teams that have created the best Client work in my career. Virtual workplace creates the need for Client travel, but it also has a better work life balance.

Cons

There has been some turnover since the Wipro acquisition, but those who have stayed are committed and energized.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent and authentic to who you are. You have a vision for Appirio...don't let the Wipro influence overwrite that.

Appirio2018-04-12
  8. "Excellent Company"

I worked at Appirio full-time

Pros

Excellent company, open and honest

Cons

Unsure of changes with Wipro acquisition. Changes being made slowly but surely.

Appirio2018-01-29
  9. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

WFH culture - it is what you make of it. Great exposure in the industry. Collaborative and helpful coworkers.

Cons

WFH - it wasn't for me. Acquisition by Wipro No staffing flexibility

Appirio2017-01-31

"Now You're Just a Company That I Used to Know"

Former Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-The team members you work with are absolutely brilliant, they're the reason you would stick around

Cons

-It is very apparent when managers pick favorites and tend to isolate the rest of the team to focus on the development of the "only" rising star -The culture/morale has been slipping quite a bit since the acquisition by Wipro. -Management is becoming a bit toxic, not facilitating opportunities of growth, but rather feeling more of a beating down for moments of failure -Work-life balance is thrown out the window... if you hope to succeed at this company. Otherwise have fun being in limbo and never being recognized for the great work you actually do. -Under compensated compared to other firms of similar size

Advice to Management

Often times, my manager will tell me not to put too many hours into the week (i.e. work until 11pm several weeknights). The hypocrisy is outrageous, when our very HITRs are being praised for putting in long nights and weekends. There needs to be some consistency there. Either set the expectation that you expect us to be overworked and we'll be recognized for it, or tell us to take some time to actually spend with... our families on the weekends so that we can enjoy the work that we do. Actually listen to the staff, after all we're the backbone of this organization. There is no need to enforce your own agendas.

Appirio2017-01-11