Apple Boulder Reviews

Updated Nov 27, 2018

4.4

"God tier retail, but still retail"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros

They pay really well and they genuinely care about you as an employee

Cons

They ask a lot of you, even as a part time employee. This makes balancing work and life (and other things like school in my case) very difficult. Additionally, at its core its still retail. It's hard to get holidays and weekends off amongst the other common retail struggles.

"I fix mobile devices at the Genius Bar"

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay and benefits are better than anywhere I’ve ever worked, and I really like most of my coworkers and management. It’s pretty easy work as far as retail is concerned.

Cons

It’s customer service with people who are mad their device doesn’t work like they think it should. You can imagine. It’s fairly emotionally taxing. I’m tired at the end of the day.

3. "Got me into tech"

Former Employee - Mac Genius in Boulder, CO

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked in Apple retail. I had no experience in the tech industry and this got my foot in the door.

Cons

This is not along term carrier.

"Chat Senior Specialist"

Former Employee - Chat Senior Specialist in Longmont, CO

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from Home. Working for the best company in the world. Benefits were awesome!

Cons

no path to promotion at this time (or for the last two years) without moving close to a campus

5. "Both good and bad"

Former Employee - Specialist in Boulder, CO

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

To add to what everyone has said here, benefits/discounts/perks are fantastic. There's always something exciting and new happening. There's rarely a day where everything is the same. You pick up a lot of knowledge about technology and customer support that is really valuable. Management puts a lot of focus on helping you develop as a person. While I was there I was going through really though times for about my last 4 months with the company and they were more patient and understanding than I could have ever asked for. So work life balance is pretty well respected.

Cons

The hours truly are unpredictable. One week you're opening, the next you're closing. Typically you have set days off (if full time) but that doesn't always mean you will have the days you're supposed to. And it's a good retail job with decent pay (for retail). But moving up is almost impossible and after a while the magic of it all wears off and you get hungry to be more and make more money. At which point management will move up their favorites and keep giving everyone else more things to work on. Everyone I saw promoted in my position was a clear favorite of management, and their promotion had almost nothing to do with them being better than anyone. An ok experience but clearly things to work on seen by the fact that I left. I don't regret leaving at all- I make more money know, have way more opportunities for growth than Apple ever gave, and feel like I work in a professional position. There's just too much politics and coworkers and managers can be super narrow minded and caddy at times.

Continue reading

"Heavy focus on development"

Former Employee - Specialist in Boulder, CO

I worked at Apple full-time for less than a year

Pros

You work with amazing people that have incredible backgrounds! There is a heavy focus on personal development and you feel that Apple really cares about making an investment in you.

Cons

Customers can take a lot of energy to deal with. Hence the heavy focus on personal development, Apple has to build you back up after the customers tear you down.

7. "Very friendly and probably best and easiest job I have had."

Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor - Tier I in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Apple part-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of training, great benefits, fast work pace, checks always on time, co-workers don't judge, resources available, free software, great chances to move up

Cons

Classroom training is long before you actually get to the work part of the job. If you have a lot of tech background the classroom portion will drag on.

Continue reading

"Micromanagement is a dealbreaker"

2.0
    Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, some really rewarding work, and access to the cutting edge of technology.

Cons

Micromanagement ruins the job. I work at the Genius Bar. Every tiny detail of each repair I perform is micromanaged. If something goes off script, it is used against you later on. If you try to do something nice for the customer because it is the right decision to make, then the managers will make you feel wrong or distrusted to manipulate you into making a different decision.

Continue reading

"A unique retail workspace."

Current Employee - Creative in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-high energy social environment -quality coworkers -technologically advanced -high variety of job types -solid benefits even for part time employees -company has good presence (globally/socially)

Cons

Its low income. The retail environment means dealing with the public at large. If that is not your thing then this probably isn't the job for you. A lot of people want to work for the company. You may feel easily replaceable.

Continue reading
  10. "Good experience overall"

Former Employee - FRS in Boulder, CO

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Definitely the internal team. The managers and team members are what made the experience at Apple so memorable. While customers can be difficult at times, it's great having the support from other colleagues on a daily basis.

Cons

Can definitely be stressful due to dealing with customers who could be on edge due to their piece of technology not working as expected.

Found 16 reviews