Apple Reviews in Elk Grove, CA | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends

1. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generally good vibes around the company

Cons

In many instances, the managers are not in line with each other and is difficult to coordinate with.

Advice to Management

More supervision are needed for the lower management level.

"Training less than stellar."

Former Contractor - Receiving in Elk Grove, CA
    Former Contractor - Receiving in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Apple as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

It could have been a decent temp job.

Cons

Trainer was bias and didn't give me a fair chance and was very unprofessional. You should not compare a new employee to those who have been there longer. Don't say your going to be fired if you don't learn fast to the person who has only been there 2 days and make them feel inadequate and uncomfortable. Grabbing product out of your hands and doing instead of letting the person learn it. Trainer needs training on how to deal with people.

Advice to Management

Get a better training method. Not all people can learn at the same rate.

"AppleCare Tech Support"

Current Employee - AppleCare Senior Advisor in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - AppleCare Senior Advisor in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits from the first day. Get to work with the most up to date computers. Schedule can be 5x8 or 4x10

Cons

Being with the Company for years it was great to work for Apple Inc. They made the place a enjoyable place to work! You were EMPOWERED to make decisions! You were celebrated for doing exceptional work. The perks and swag was Plenty, shirts Coffee cup, Blankets. muffins served at your desk and great fun celebrations for events. Overall enjoyable and exciting. Then Steve Jobs Passed and now you are Micro managed, audited bullied and constantly being warned of policy or be fired. Very little Chance of promotion. The Team Manager Apprentice program allows only a few people in and it can take YEARS for an opening. To get in, is not what you know, it is WHO you know. The good old boy process. If you have been withApple longer than 2 years, you may not get any promotions at all. Training is online testing, or self guided. The company has ERASED every thing Jobs had going on in the sites! They painted everything white and Grey. No quotes from Jobs, no inspirational notations. Everything is NOW focused on Profits and employees is the last thing thought about for improvement! The bottom of the totem pole that is rotting from being tinkled on.

Advice to Management

Do not let the grass grow under the people that helped with making the company Great. Do not go around with blinders, celebrate your workers not just Corporate, but the support personal. Applecare

"Development Supervisor"

Former Employee - Software Development Supervisor in Elk Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Software Development Supervisor in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work was always challenging and fulfilling. Co-workers, through their actions, are focused on making this company one of the best in the world.

Cons

There was always more work to be done than time in the day. If you want mentoring, you had to actively, doggedly pursue it ... unless you are a "Golden Child" and favored by management.

Advice to Management

Apple culture is unique, but holding employees accountable for events and products outside of their sphere of influence while not listening to them is not a culture many people will stay in for long.

"AppleCare Trainer"

Current Employee - AppleCare Trainer in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - AppleCare Trainer in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time

Pros

Apple provides a environment with amazing learning potential and a ton of perks. Benefits are fantastic and 401k match is just as good.

Cons

Poor leadership structure, favoritism and too much focus on metric based performance is chipping away at the culture. This is present in AppleCare as a whole and people are fading away or becoming miserable. There is also a zero retaliation clause but it happens all the time if you speak up.

Advice to Management

Stick to the culture as outlined in the initial onboard packet. Spend more time managing managers and less time on numbers. People are treated like robots and the leadership culture needs a serious overhaul.

7. "Material Handler"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Elk Grove, CA

Pros

I have worked for the company for 20 years and it has been great. Great environment, great benefits and very good perks

Cons

The Per hour is competitive

8. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Elk Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Apple (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, hours, ℅-workers and Fun work meeting activities.

Cons

Switch of management was not needed.

"Amazing, demanding company to work for!"

Current Employee - Supply Demand Planning Manager in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Supply Demand Planning Manager in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to work with the brightest, most analytical, driven people who live and breathe the Apple culture and are fanatical about the details and doing what's right - both for the customer and for Apple.

Cons

Work-life balance...this really isn't a strength of Apple. Long hours, nights, weekends, holiday work are all the norm.

10. "Amazing Place"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Elk Grove, CA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Apple as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is fun to go to work every day knowing you are working with some of the best and the brightest to solve some really complex and challenging issues. Working in Elk Grove is far more flexible than a lot of people report on here. There is a true dedication to work/life balance.

Cons

My only con was that they didn't convert contractors very quickly. I started to get nervous that we would be let go because of the length of time we were held on. My only regret is leaving right before they were forced to convert everyone.

Advice to Management

Don't implement the open work space solution. Now that I've tried it there at Apple and elsewhere I see how much it destroys productivity.

"It was a good stressful experience"

Former Employee - AppleCare Technical Advisor (Phone) in Elk Grove, CA
    Former Employee - AppleCare Technical Advisor (Phone) in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- A lot of room for growth in the company if you are striving to climb
    - Great way to form connections
    - AMAZING co-workers (most people are very friendly!)
    - Great pay
    - Work agenda & expectation is very clear
    - Good performance on the job will be rewarded (with swags, management recognition, better schedules available)
    - Competitive and active learning (training is constantly provided)
    - A LOT of resources for your work
    - Great choices in the on site cafeteria
    - The Elk Grove site contains the best advisors you can work with
    - You get tell people that you are part of one of the coolest companies in the world

Cons

- Long hours (10 hours shifts) (you can choose 8 hours-10 hours, but 10 is more common)
    - Micromanagement, I understand that metrics are the MOST important thing in call centers, but nit-picking your employees on the metrics for every single call makes going to work harder by the day
    - Very stressful dealing with hold times and unhappy customers; especially in situations that you cannot control
    - NO FORGIVENESS in the metric tracking system. A lot of times, I feel like it is based on luck.
    - Schedules are NOT flexible
    - Low job security (room for very few mistakes)
    - Very poor Work/Life Balance (sick days, holidays, and vacation time is mashed all together)
    - Mandatory overtime

Advice to Management

Please do not over do the micromanagement: treat us like humans and not customer serving machine. Our job is to make our customers happy and the best way to do that is to make sure your employees are happy first!

Showing 69 of 10,084 reviews