KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Apple Federal Credit Union Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2021

Found 96 of over 98 reviews

4.1
Apple Federal Credit Union President and CEO Andy Grimm  (no image)
Andy Grimm
Pros
  • "The work environment is also relaxing and awesome(in 13 reviews)

• "Apple is truly a great place to work(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Hey, it all starts with senior management making big boy decisions and if they make bad ones and company morale is down, they have to own up(in 4 reviews)

• "branch manager(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

More than a financial institution

Nov 16, 2020 - Community Engagement Officer in Fairfax, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Apple Federal Credit Union is an organization that values its employees and gives back to the community. The leadership knows that in order to accomplish great things, employees need to feel a sense of belonging, appreciation and value. It's hard to please a group of people (much less 450!) but our leadership has regular listening sessions and town halls to keep staff feedback and ideas fresh. In addition to prioritizing the satisfaction of our employees, Apple prioritizes giving back to the community. Employees have paid time off to volunteer and Apple partners with many groups and events throughout the year. Apple is truly a great place to work.

Cons

No organization can be perfect. The biggest "con" I can see is that Apple has been around for over 60 years and has grown exponentially since it started so long ago. Sometimes systems, processes and communication chains can be clunky and create unnecessary friction when it comes to getting a problem solved.

AVP of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on what working at Apple Federal Credit Union means to you. As a not-for-profit organization, we take pride in the communities in which we serve. We are constantly striving to improve our internal processes and communication to ensure our efforts to serve our staff and members is as efficient as possible. Thank you again for your thoughtful comments.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good place to work

Jun 17, 2021 - Assistant Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, 401k, HSA. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Can not think about any Cons.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great job

May 14, 2021 - Advisor in Fairfax, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome colleagues, understanding and engaging managers, fulfilling work, good benefits, great company culture, career stability.

Cons

N/A, I love it herem

AVP of People and Culture

I am so happy you have had such a positive experience at Apple Federal Credit Union! Thank you for taking the time to highlight some of the areas that make us an award-winning organization.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company to work for, limited growth

May 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Communication is very open. Changes to policy are told far in advance. Good PTO and sick leave policies

Cons

Limited opportunity for growth. Company prides itself on growth potential, but still the difficulty of getting promoted from one department to another is nearly impossible without prior experience.

AVP of People and Culture

Thank you very much for the candid feedback. Development of our staff is an ever evolving process at Apple FCU. To gain experience outside your current role, we encourage managers to allow job shadowing in other departments and to provide time for employees to take additional eLearning courses to gain knowledge about other roles. Please speak to your manager about cross-training opportunities and a member of our Talent Development team can assist you in creating an in-depth development plan for yourself.

5. 5.0

Great place to work

May 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive and diverse work environment. Excellent leadership team.

Cons

A little slow to change, but even that is getting better.

AVP of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience about Apple Federal Credit Union. We value diversity and inclusion and are always looking for ways improve. Thank you for all you do!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company to Work for with an Even Better Team

Mar 27, 2021 - Member Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Team work Excellent Leadership Valuable skills and Resources at your disposal

Cons

Stress Very fast paced Environment Some Members tend to be rude to teller

AVP of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback! Great teamwork and leadership are key in any successful organization. If you need additional resources to assist you during high-volume periods, please ensure your manager is aware and any member of People and Culture can help provide guidance as well.

7. 4.0

Great place to work

Mar 23, 2021 - Team Lead in Fairfax, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company provides very competitive pay, better than most financial institutions.

Cons

There should be more opportunities for growth.

1 person found this review helpful

AVP of People and Culture

I appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback and am pleased you have had a positive experience! Each year, we administer a confidential survey to measure employee engagement which includes open-ended questions geared towards feedback for managers. In addition, we encourage open communication with your leadership to help them identify areas for improvement within the department. If you have any specific issues to discuss, please feel free to reach out to me at kburke@applefcu.org.

8. 5.0

Apple Fcu is awesome

Feb 25, 2021 - Msr2 in Winchester, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a very welcoming environment

Cons

I honestly can’t think of any

AVP of People and Culture

Thank you for the kind words and we are happy that you feel welcome at Apple FCU! We agree that communication is key are continually looking for new ways to connect with employees.

9. 3.0

Good company, awful management

Mar 5, 2021 - Loan Advisor in Oakton, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Yearly bonus pay, fun activities

Cons

Management, favoritism, too much micro management

AVP of People and Culture

Thank you for your candid feedback. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you about any particular issues you have had in the course of your employment. Please contact me at kburke@applefcu.org.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Feb 7, 2021 - Universal Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Vacation leave starts at 12 days + 2 personal days. Earn more the longer you stay Great people

Cons

Customer service is always a challenge

AVP of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Apple FCU! In addition to our vacation and personal days, we also offer up to 16 hours of volunteering leave to eligible employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 96 Reviews