Apple Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0

12,369 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Offer great benefits even to part time employees" (in 1176 reviews)

• "Work from home opportunity with a lot of internal growth potential" (in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • "work life balance is not the best" (in 905 reviews)

• "No work life balance, no growth opportunities" (in 164 reviews)

"Best Place to Work Buy & Own"

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working at Apple

Cons

No bonuses and better free stuff would’ve been nice

"Challenging, Rewarding, but ZERO work/life balance. Most satisfying , most difficult and most rewarding job ever."

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We work with geniuses - in every department, We create innovative products that thrill our customers and create new product categories - who else can say that?

Cons

ZERO ZERO ZERO work/life balance. Execs have been saying for YEARS that they understand and will make it better. But in actuality, it gets worse every year! It is obviously top management LIP SERVICE because if they meant it, they could fix it tomorrow. They have hundreds of BILLIONS in the bank. If they REALLY cared about employee work/life balance, they could bring aboard the right number of folks to make that issue dissolve. Sick of hearing the lies. Just don't lie about wanting to fix it, when they clearly DON'T care

"A Company as Meticulous as Their Products!"

Current Employee - Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive Pay, Great Benefits, Amazing People, Great Work, Awesome Opportunities, Excellent Experiences, Great atmospheres in a beautiful store, no matter where you're working!

Cons

None! I had one of the best times ever at this company. Hopefully I stay to go on to corporate!

Advice to Management

You guys are awesome. Keep up the good work!

"At-Home-Advisor"

Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Apple (More than a year)

Pros

The position is at home. The company is AMAZING. There are limitless advancement opportunities. You work with some very cool people and the leadership cares about your development. You may get coaching but you never get battered or belittled. The pay is decent and the benefits include, 401(k) match, stock purchase options, product discounts and discounts on services across many different areas, education assistance, child care assistance, paid vacation, sick time and other time off options, health club Reimbursment or bike cost set off. You get 1.5 time for OT and it's pretty much unlimited as long as you don't exceed 12 hours in a day or 59 total in a week.

Cons

The schedule changes every 90 days and you have to bid for your shifts so you never know what you are going to get. This makes it extremely hard to plan your life to far in advance. You are also pretty much assured to work a Saturday or Sunday.

Advice to Management

The management consists of a team manager and their area manager. Meetings are held over video and chat. They are supportive of individual development and help you to reach your goal. Management will challenge you if you want to advance but it's always in the spirit of making you better to prepare you for the next role.

"Changing the world (in a small way)"

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Apple means that the things you work on get into the hands of hundreds of millions of people, literally. It's a lot of pressure to get things right and drives one to do the best work of their lives. 2+ years later I'm still blown away by the talent and creativity of people I work with.

Cons

It's a lot of work, teams are usually strapped for resources and under pressure to deliver on strict timelines leading to high stress and long hours at certain times during the year.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting for "what's right". Renewable energy, civil liberties, working condition, everything. I couldn't be prouder of that aspect of the company, in the end it's about a lot more than profits and earnings.

"Stay as far away as possible"

Former Employee - App Reviewer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - App Reviewer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Apple provides good benefits. They hire smart people. They make great products. They have good corporate standards, good morals and good ethics.
    However, yuor mileage may vary.

Cons

The department is a mess. No one cares about the health of the employees. There are many stupid restrictions. The productivity demands are insane.

Advice to Management

Try to do the job of a reviewer for a week. See how you like the treatment. Show me that you can do half the job you expect from them.

"Amazing opportunity to make a global impact in a world wide procurement organization."

Current Employee - Procurement Analyst in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Procurement Analyst in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly competitive compensation. Once you are in, Apple takes very good care of you. Opportunity to learn from the best and brightest minds. You are consistently challenged to do your best work and leverage your resources and skill sets.

Cons

Challenging when you first begin since you need to learn everything on your own. There isn’t anyone micro managing you so you are the owner of your development.

8. "It overall was a good experience."

Pros

Best benefits that you will get working as a retail part time job.

Cons

Availability is the big thing you will need to have 20 to 30 hours always available.

9. "Apple"

Pros

Opportunity to move up in the company.

Cons

None really to think of.

10. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Advisor
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Advisor

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Pay
    Amazing Benefits

Cons

None at the moment

Showing 12,369 of 13,154 reviews