Apple Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0

11,900 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance is not the best (in 892 reviews)

• There is really no work/life balance (in 162 reviews)

1. "At home advisor"

I worked at Apple part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun job, great training, excellent support

Cons

None I can think of

"Challenging, Rewarding, but ZERO work/life balance. Most satisfying , most difficult and most rewarding job ever."

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We work with geniuses - in every department, We create innovative products that thrill our customers and create new product categories - who else can say that?

Cons

ZERO ZERO ZERO work/life balance. Execs have been saying for YEARS that they understand and will make it better. But in actuality, it gets worse every year! It is obviously top management LIP SERVICE because if they meant it, they could fix it tomorrow. They have hundreds of BILLIONS in the bank. If they REALLY cared about employee work/life balance, they could bring aboard the right number of folks to make that issue dissolve. Sick of hearing the lies. Just don't lie about wanting to fix it, when they clearly DON'T care

"A Company as Meticulous as Their Products!"

Current Employee - Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive Pay, Great Benefits, Amazing People, Great Work, Awesome Opportunities, Excellent Experiences, Great atmospheres in a beautiful store, no matter where you're working!

Cons

None! I had one of the best times ever at this company. Hopefully I stay to go on to corporate!

Advice to Management

You guys are awesome. Keep up the good work!

"At-Home-Advisor"

Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Apple (More than a year)

Pros

The position is at home. The company is AMAZING. There are limitless advancement opportunities. You work with some very cool people and the leadership cares about your development. You may get coaching but you never get battered or belittled. The pay is decent and the benefits include, 401(k) match, stock purchase options, product discounts and discounts on services across many different areas, education assistance, child care assistance, paid vacation, sick time and other time off options, health club Reimbursment or bike cost set off. You get 1.5 time for OT and it's pretty much unlimited as long as you don't exceed 12 hours in a day or 59 total in a week.

Cons

The schedule changes every 90 days and you have to bid for your shifts so you never know what you are going to get. This makes it extremely hard to plan your life to far in advance. You are also pretty much assured to work a Saturday or Sunday.

Advice to Management

The management consists of a team manager and their area manager. Meetings are held over video and chat. They are supportive of individual development and help you to reach your goal. Management will challenge you if you want to advance but it's always in the spirit of making you better to prepare you for the next role.

"Changing the world (in a small way)"

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Apple means that the things you work on get into the hands of hundreds of millions of people, literally. It's a lot of pressure to get things right and drives one to do the best work of their lives. 2+ years later I'm still blown away by the talent and creativity of people I work with.

Cons

It's a lot of work, teams are usually strapped for resources and under pressure to deliver on strict timelines leading to high stress and long hours at certain times during the year.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting for "what's right". Renewable energy, civil liberties, working condition, everything. I couldn't be prouder of that aspect of the company, in the end it's about a lot more than profits and earnings.

"Genius"

I have been working at Apple full-time

Pros

Great work environment. Fun team. Room to grow.

Cons

Scheduling can be a pain. Only so many moves to make at a store level.

7. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Specialist in Wellington, FL
    Former Employee - Specialist in Wellington, FL

I worked at Apple part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved having a casual uniform, flexible schedule, good pay, and great employee discounts. There is also good job Security with working with a company like this.

Cons

No growth opportunities. Every time you express an interest in growing there is a chance management will forget or not care

8. "At Home Advisor"

I have been working at Apple full-time

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, work from home

Cons

Cranky customers, talking on the phone all day with no breaks, glorified call center job

9. "Wonderful Company, Always Growing and Changing"

Former Employee - Senior QA Automation Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Senior QA Automation Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful Team that I worked with on the Embedded Firmware and QA Side.
    Lots of perks and team events to keep morale high.
    Concerts in the quad and great company benefits.
    Emphasis on hardware quality

Cons

Since it's always growing, there are constant changes at the high level which propagates to the low level. I would love to see the company grow in software quality and stability. It's not easy for some folks to adjust to some of the rapid changes.

Advice to Management

Listen to what Steve Jobs said about maintaining skilled employees. Top level pass-downs are not always easy to digest and execute. I love Apple and the team that I was in originally. The re-org changes need to be more carefully done without impact the current flow and more importantly--their lives. Having a forceful new manager call you in the middle of lunch to come back only to find out that you are the only one who came while others ignore him just doesn't sit well with re-orgs.

10. "Specialist"

I worked at Apple part-time

Pros

The pay is great. When I started it was like $16.25 an hour. You also get to meet a lot of cool people and the platform they use to trade shifts and get shifts covered is awesome.

Cons

Be prepared to do a lot of standing around. Also, there was around 4 interviews so be prepared for that as well.

Showing 11,900 of 12,646 reviews