Apple Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

9,370 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

"A Company as Meticulous as Their Products!"

Current Employee - Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive Pay, Great Benefits, Amazing People, Great Work, Awesome Opportunities, Excellent Experiences, Great atmospheres in a beautiful store, no matter where you're working!

Cons

None! I had one of the best times ever at this company. Hopefully I stay to go on to corporate!

Advice to Management

You guys are awesome. Keep up the good work!

"Challenging, Rewarding, but ZERO work/life balance. Most satisfying , most difficult and most rewarding job ever."

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We work with geniuses - in every department, We create innovative products that thrill our customers and create new product categories - who else can say that?

Cons

ZERO ZERO ZERO work/life balance. Execs have been saying for YEARS that they understand and will make it better. But in actuality, it gets worse every year! It is obviously top management LIP SERVICE because if they meant it, they could fix it tomorrow. They have hundreds of BILLIONS in the bank. If they REALLY cared about employee work/life balance, they could bring aboard the right number of folks to make that issue dissolve. Sick of hearing the lies. Just don't lie about wanting to fix it, when they clearly DON'T care

"Changing the world (in a small way)"

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Apple means that the things you work on get into the hands of hundreds of millions of people, literally. It's a lot of pressure to get things right and drives one to do the best work of their lives. 2+ years later I'm still blown away by the talent and creativity of people I work with.

Cons

It's a lot of work, teams are usually strapped for resources and under pressure to deliver on strict timelines leading to high stress and long hours at certain times during the year.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting for "what's right". Renewable energy, civil liberties, working condition, everything. I couldn't be prouder of that aspect of the company, in the end it's about a lot more than profits and earnings.

"At-Home-Advisor"

Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Apple (More than a year)

Pros

The position is at home. The company is AMAZING. There are limitless advancement opportunities. You work with some very cool people and the leadership cares about your development. You may get coaching but you never get battered or belittled. The pay is decent and the benefits include, 401(k) match, stock purchase options, product discounts and discounts on services across many different areas, education assistance, child care assistance, paid vacation, sick time and other time off options, health club Reimbursment or bike cost set off. You get 1.5 time for OT and it's pretty much unlimited as long as you don't exceed 12 hours in a day or 59 total in a week.

Cons

The schedule changes every 90 days and you have to bid for your shifts so you never know what you are going to get. This makes it extremely hard to plan your life to far in advance. You are also pretty much assured to work a Saturday or Sunday.

Advice to Management

The management consists of a team manager and their area manager. Meetings are held over video and chat. They are supportive of individual development and help you to reach your goal. Management will challenge you if you want to advance but it's always in the spirit of making you better to prepare you for the next role.

"expert"

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

life skills on how to deal with people and how to develop yourself. the people and tema you work with, you will never find another team like it. lots of interesting talents and skills that you can utilize outside of work. i.e.. most are creative people photographers, DJs, musicians, so you definitely get the benefits of working with and also having help from them.

there are so many pros, that is until you learn nd develop and realize that once you've learned everything you can. The cons list outweighs the reason to stay.

Cons

NO SUCH THING AS WORK LIFE BALANCE. You will work 12pm-9pm, then the next day 8am-5pm. then the following 11am-8pm. You will dedicate your life 45hours a week (each day you have 9 hour shifts but an unpaid lunch for 1 hour)to this job but will never fulfill your outside life. they harp on it and try to convince you that it work life balance are taken into consideration, but its not. You must request off 4-5 weeks in advance and hope no one else that has the same position you do did because then it will be denied. IF you do get your request by luck, then you will absolutely work an opening shift the following day. thats that 8am shift the day after you want to have off. Expect to work every weekend unless you consistently kiss the toes of management.

they outsource positions with titles and don't often promote within. if they do promote you from within you will not see any kind of increase in pay, just enough to say hey you get a dollar more. However, the people they outsource who have no understanding of the culture, products, or people they work with but had a "manager" title at another company will get paid 1.5 times more than you to do less work because they don't get most of the processes.

Advice to Management

less politics, more pay for your employees instead of just yourselves. stop screwing with everyones work life balance schedules.

Hire from within the company where people understand Apple's culture vs. outside where they don't understand it, but will still get paid more than someone who has worked up the ranks and wears more hats.

7. "Tech Specialist"

Current Employee - Tech Specialist
    Current Employee - Tech Specialist

I have been working at Apple part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, a lot of room for growth, you can make a career out of it.

Cons

can be a bit challenging to balance with full time school in the beginning.

Advice to Management

None at the moment.

8. "Excellent Working Environment"

I have been working at Apple part-time

Pros

They want to develop you and give feedback to help you grow personally and professionally.

Cons

It is still retail, however, the company is amazing and they take good care of you.

9. "Software engineering manager"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great technology & working on cool new unreleased products.

Cons

Limited growth potential due to remote location office

Advice to Management

Grow seattle office else great talent will leave

10. "Changes Who You Grow Up to Be"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

All the beliefs in engaging others, and enriching their lives comes from a career here. I've become who I am with my 15 years working here. Enriches your own life by knowing the impact you've made to your team around you and those looking to get your help.

Cons

Retail job has retail hours. Compensation is amazing based on benefits, though for the work you do, you still get paid retail salary, not corporate.

"Retail experience Genius Admin / FRS"

Former Employee - Genius Administrator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Genius Administrator in New York, NY

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Apple shares corporate benefits generously with its retail employees. I enjoyed great dental and health coverage as well as stock options. The workplace is safe, diverse, and LGBT friendly.

Cons

Apple retail suffers from the same problems as any retail business. The hours are chaotic, space is limited, and sick leave is viewed with suspicion. What makes these issues especially problematic at Apple is the culture of exceptionalism. Employees are constantly told that Apple is the greatest employer and how lucky we are to be part of it.
    There are some cringe-worthy, cultish habits like employees carrying the company credo in their wallets and constant clapping. I found these things odd but harmless.

Advice to Management

Managers often fall back on "Apple speak". Using terms like "repairing relationships", "creating owners", and "living by the credo" are great when talking to groups, but when talking to individual employees it can feel inhuman and alienating.

Showing 9,370 of 9,870 reviews