Apple Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

9,160 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Would prefer a better work life balance (in 680 reviews)

• lots of hours, no work life balance (in 117 reviews)

"Challenging, Rewarding, but ZERO work/life balance. Most satisfying , most difficult and most rewarding job ever."

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We work with geniuses - in every department, We create innovative products that thrill our customers and create new product categories - who else can say that?

Cons

ZERO ZERO ZERO work/life balance. Execs have been saying for YEARS that they understand and will make it better. But in actuality, it gets worse every year! It is obviously top management LIP SERVICE because if they meant it, they could fix it tomorrow. They have hundreds of BILLIONS in the bank. If they REALLY cared about employee work/life balance, they could bring aboard the right number of folks to make that issue dissolve. Sick of hearing the lies. Just don't lie about wanting to fix it, when they clearly DON'T care

"Changing the world (in a small way)"

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Apple means that the things you work on get into the hands of hundreds of millions of people, literally. It's a lot of pressure to get things right and drives one to do the best work of their lives. 2+ years later I'm still blown away by the talent and creativity of people I work with.

Cons

It's a lot of work, teams are usually strapped for resources and under pressure to deliver on strict timelines leading to high stress and long hours at certain times during the year.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting for "what's right". Renewable energy, civil liberties, working condition, everything. I couldn't be prouder of that aspect of the company, in the end it's about a lot more than profits and earnings.

"At-Home-Advisor"

Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Apple (More than a year)

Pros

The position is at home. The company is AMAZING. There are limitless advancement opportunities. You work with some very cool people and the leadership cares about your development. You may get coaching but you never get battered or belittled. The pay is decent and the benefits include, 401(k) match, stock purchase options, product discounts and discounts on services across many different areas, education assistance, child care assistance, paid vacation, sick time and other time off options, health club Reimbursment or bike cost set off. You get 1.5 time for OT and it's pretty much unlimited as long as you don't exceed 12 hours in a day or 59 total in a week.

Cons

The schedule changes every 90 days and you have to bid for your shifts so you never know what you are going to get. This makes it extremely hard to plan your life to far in advance. You are also pretty much assured to work a Saturday or Sunday.

Advice to Management

The management consists of a team manager and their area manager. Meetings are held over video and chat. They are supportive of individual development and help you to reach your goal. Management will challenge you if you want to advance but it's always in the spirit of making you better to prepare you for the next role.

5. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Opportunity, Experience, Culture, Networking

Cons

The flexibility of Work schedule.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Love how leadership is done!

6. "Best Job Ever!"

Current Employee - Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A work environment that allows you to embraces and allows you to express yourself freely.
    The ability to work and be a student with amazing benefits for part timers and full timers.

Cons

Learning about products at the same time as the public.

7. "Great job"

I worked at Apple full-time

Pros

You will learn a lot if you apply yourself. Like anything else in life, you get out what you put in. Great benefits. Certification as a Mac Technician.

Cons

Some employees are just fans rather than dedicated teammates. Customer base can range from hard working professionals to average consumers. Both have their share of rude people, but also some of the most interesting people int eh world.

Advice to Management

Try to be leaders, not managers. be transparent. Don't blindly subscribe to corporate jargon, acknowledge that some of it is what it is.

8. "Has excellent pros but can be difficult to move up"

Former Employee - Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and benefits. Pays well for retail.

Cons

There seems to be less opportunity than what the atmosphere suggests. It can be difficult for dedicated hard working employees to see real progress in what Apple calls a 'career'.

"Great company, but it's still retail"

I worked at Apple part-time

Pros

I genuinely enjoyed the company culture at Apple and I really enjoyed my co-workers and management team as well! (I'm sure it varies from store to store though). There are great perks, GREAT starting pay, and lots of opportunities for advancement and furthering your product knowledge!

Cons

Apple has a slightly "cult-like" culture as well. They take themselves pretty seriously, and again, at the end of the day, it's just retail.

Advice to Management

Take your employee's "feedback" seriously. Don't just pretend to,

10. "Technical Expert"

I worked at Apple full-time

Pros

Great work environment
    Awesome coworkers
    Good pay

Cons

Management doesn't share an equal burden to help their employees grow

11. "Appletastic Benefits!"

I have been working at Apple full-time

Pros

Great benefits, good pay, job security

Cons

Poor communication of changes at times

Showing 9,160 of 9,639 reviews