Apple Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

Apple US Reviews

United States

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits as soon as you start (in 1066 reviews)

• work from home - no commute - decent pay (in 236 reviews)

1. "It is Fantastic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Pros

No Pressure, Fun Environment, Great culture , they give you a chance to thrive in their company and advance to higher positions

Cons

i really dont think there are any cons it is really a fantastic place to work. In time the money will be better

Advice to Management

always strive to further develop your newer employees after training so they pick up on the proper techniques and policies

2. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Pros

Best Ever in the world.

Cons

Best! Crazy good in every way

Advice to Management

Great job. Keep it up.

"Great place to work but high pressure"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

Pros

Great company with great leaders. Worlds best computers and hand held devices. the products speak for themselves and the company

Cons

High pressure work environment and every team is keen on their own processes. Project plans change fast but the deadlines don't.

Advice to Management

Great Job so far. Hope Steve was alive to take lead the company for a few more years. Satisfied with the leadership

4. "Amazing experience with co-workers and clients."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

A work environment that allows you to be yourself. The people that you work with and work for make the experience what it is.

Cons

The pay could always be better, but in Apples case, they have so many people who would love to work there, that they can offer a less competitive salary and still get great employees. The environment and work keep people around, but the salaries in certain rolls only permit someone to go so far.

"A company that cares about its people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

Incredibly friendly and helpful community. Apple cares more about its people than its products, and you can tell that when you work there.

Cons

There is really nothing bad that I can say about Apple. I only ever worked part-time at Apple and loved every minute of it. If you can deal with angry customers, you'll be fine.

"A menial job that is perfect for those who are quick to drink the "Kool Aid". Looks good on one resume though."

Former Employee - Specialist in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Specialist in Allentown, PA

Pros

-Apple (corporate) is "hands down" the most innovative and intelligent IT company in the world.
    -Looks great on the resume (have to not include the retail part.)
    -Decent product discount on computers and ipods (no iphone)
    -health care after 1 year of part time service.
    -cool to talk about technology all day and get paid.
    -great college job

Cons

-Low pay
    -low respect
    -Depressingly dead end
    -There is a perpetuated story that retail employees will have chances to move to corporate, this is pure fiction.

-Full of "failed to launch" art school alumni
    -It is easier for unexperienced outsiders to be put into management positions than current employees.

-the GAP-ple retail joke is true

Advice to Management

Allow the ground troops to move within the company. There is a lot of genuine talent in retail, but it all leaves when better jobs come around. Low pay really exacerbates this.

-To Stop the leaks at the bottom, allow upward expansion.

"The best ever"

Current Employee - Treasury Accountant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Treasury Accountant in Austin, TX

Pros

I've been with Apple for 27+ years now, and I've seen them go thru a lot of changes. Apple cares about their employees like I have never heard of any other company. Fighting Cancer and can't come to work. Then they brought the work home to them. Have bad eye sight then they got him a much larger screen with big lettering. Want a degree Apple will help you and allow you to meet the needs of your schedule. I have always had great managers who would always be there for me if I needed help. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

The only thing I could say in this department would be that sometimes the communacation isn't there all the time. When working on something new you need to look at the trail all the way to the end to see who it all effects.

Advice to Management

Same as above. Sometimes when a new project or system is being worked on make sure that you follow the trail for all that it will involved.

"I am only limited by myself."

Current Employee - Wireless Multi-Media Technical Support in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Wireless Multi-Media Technical Support in Austin, TX

Pros

Job security and the pride of working for the best company in the world where creativity and ideas are more important than experience and excellence is the rule, not the exception.

Cons

Non salary employees rotate schedules every 3 months. OT requirements during Christmas and working Christmas.

Advice to Management

As Steve told Tim, continue to do what is right! Keep the foundation of creativity and excellence Steve built intact and flourishing. We are leaders in every area of our business...keep it up!

9. "It's a great place to work, but hard to advance to career positions."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, OH

Pros

I know I'm lucky to say I truly enjoy my job. The work is fun. It's great, because we're always busy, which means there no boring lulls. Customers can sometimes be "needy", but the majority are great. Management keeps things fun.

Cons

It's hard to advance in the store, but thats a compliment (in a way) to Apple (for choosing good employees).

Advice to Management

It really brings down employee morale when external candidates are chosen for promotions, over employees who have put in a decent amount of time and deserve a promotion.

10. "best experience ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Apple is THE greatest company, great benefits and awesome pay, very good way to treat their employee, always try to get the best of you while working with them

Cons

i really cannot think of any disadvantage of working for apple, they simply appreciate good work and good employees. AWESOME.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing... because its AWESOME.

Showing 206 of 10,891 reviews