Apple Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

10,893 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Great Career or Part-Time Job"

I have been working at Apple part-time

Pros

Great benefits! Great people! Great company!

Cons

Busy times which isn't necessarily a con!

Advice to Management

More Hours

2. "Retail Specialist Part time is Great for Students"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Apple part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, and pays for part of tuition too. Pretty relaxed, consistent job for a student.

Cons

Often times is a little too much in terms of training and hours per week needed to put in for a part-time worker.

"Great opportunity, comes with a cost. Have a plan to move up, move sideways within Apple, or move on."

Former Employee - Apple Care Advisor (Work From Home) in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Apple Care Advisor (Work From Home) in Akron, OH

I worked at Apple part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is work from home. All training, including your initial training, is done from home.

Part-time employees get some full-time employee benefits, including medical and life insurance. There is paid time off, and paid time off for family issues such as sick kids, death in the family, etc. These are all good things for your family, no doubt about it.

Most of the customers you’ll deal with are “normal” people who legitimately need help and will appreciate the time you spend with them resolving their issues.

The starting pay isn’t bad at all. You can get extra hours at times.

You’ll build good experience you can put on your resume.

Cons

Remeber this if you apply for this position: Customers will yell at you from time to time, and you have almost no recourse or backing from management if you hang up on them. Apple’s policy toward irate customers is essentially suck it up and let them yell, which will lead to bad customer surveys for you, which will wreck your stats, which will impact your raises and your position in the quarterly shift bid process. This policy enables the kind of person who has learned they can bully their way into anything they want and helps cause this behavior to become increasingly a societal norm. It doesn’t take many of these types of customer calls to make you forget about all the others that went really well.

Your first two levels of management are going to be hit or miss. You’ll love the good ones, and hope you can outlast the rest of them. Take a wild guess at which group is the larger.

You will work 8 hours on either Saturday or Sunday. Make sure you can deal with this and its impact on your time with your family. You will be required to surge to full-time 2 or 3 times each year, and one of those will be for Christmas from about 2 weeks before through 2 weeks after. Be ready for this impact on your time with family on holidays. Full-time surges often come with (mandatory) overtime as well.

Advice to Management

Promote people to management based on merit, not “diversity.” Your employees hear what you say, but they also see what you do, and they remember how your actions impact them. They know when your words and actions don’t match.

Make a stand for civility, instead of whatever feel-good liberal cause floats your boat on a given day. If customers learn that they won’t get help if they treat your employees like crap, they’ll stop treating them like crap when they call. Maybe theyll stop treating other people that way, too. If your employees know you have their back when they get the joy of dealing with an irate customer, they’ll probably make an honest effort to try to get through the anger and solve the customer’s issue. They’ll respect you for the backing, too.

Fix the broken shift-bid process before your employees start embracing the idea of unionizing in order to fix it for you. Portions of your workforce might seriously embrace it, even if they don’t like other things about unions.

Tim Cook needs to spend less time on politics and more time figuring out what’s about to tank his company. Apple has successfully brought itself to the verge of obscurity before, and its about to do it again if Timmy doesn’t wake up and focus on the stink that’s right under his nose.

4. "Great part time gig"

Former Employee - Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great consistent training on products and services, supportive management, great benefits even for part time employees. I learned a lot.

Cons

Nothing that I really experienced in my time. I really enjoyed working there! Keep up all of the great work, Apple!

5. "Retail"

I have been working at Apple part-time

Pros

Good employee benefits. Fun environment

Cons

Long hours and hard to get promotions.

6. "Positive Environment"

Former Employee - Creative in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Creative in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diverse, supportive coworkers. Ability to move. Supportive managers. Good energy.

Cons

Sometimes career movement can take a while because of all of the layers of management.

"Great company overall, difficult if you have a family or a personal life"

Current Employee - Tier II Technical Advisor in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Tier II Technical Advisor in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Pays well
    -Several opportunities to promote or move around
    -Great benefits
    -Great people
    -Option to work 4 ten-hour work days
    -Good training
    -Cool parties
    -Employee discounts
    -Adjustable desk that moves up and down for standing
    -On-Campus Café
    -Campus shuttle
    -Security

Cons

-Frequently changing schedule- every 3 months, making it very difficult to plan ahead
    -Required to work weekends, or at least one weekend day
    -Required to work holidays
    -Required to meet metrics, causing many catch 22 situations
    -Schedule selection is random and based on metrics
    -They do not accommodate for having/wanting to attend school
    -Raises and promotions are based on metrics
    -In most cases, you are required to work through a temp agency for about a year before getting Apple salary or benefits, and it's no guarantee (sometimes they decide to randomly hire outsiders although a lot of people have already been working there for almost a year and still aren't officially hired. It's a bit of a slap in the face)
    -Technical advisor positions are very taxing, lots of angry customers and can take a toll on your mental health.
    -Constant call evaluations, someone is always listening in on your phone calls

Advice to Management

It would be best to determine raises and promotions based off of general customer service and work ethic, aside from metrics and superficial qualities.

8. "The best job you’ll ever have."

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Apple part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You know that feeling when you actually loving going to work everyday? If you work for Apple you will feel this constantly. Apple builds a community around its employees, encouraging them to grow themselves and build friendships and close bonds with each other. They want you to grow as a person and as an employee, and everyone you work with is only there to help you succeed in this. They focus on the customer experience instead of selling which makes your job easy when all you have to do is get to know your customers on a more personal level instead of shoving products at them. They have good benefits for part time and full time employees, along with great discounts. Over all, my experience with Apple has only been amazing from the day I️ got called in for an interview. I️ couldn’t be happier with my job and I’m so glad I️ decided to work here and that they decided to hire me.

Cons

You will probably start part time. Pay and benefits help to supplement part time hours, and moving up to full time isn’t that difficult.

Advice to Management

My management team is unlike any I’ve ever worked for. They are fun, exciting, supportive and caring. I️ know they are management and that they are above me, but they work just as hard if not harder than everyone else on the floor and are nothing but supportive and caring.

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Apple Store Leader Program Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Apple Store Leader Program Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, great benefits, great company

Cons

Retail (the hours), some mean customers, I had 1 awful manager (but she got fired)

10. "great"

Pros

great starting pay and fun enviroment

Cons

scheduling is kinda complicated specially weekends

Showing 10,893 of 11,540 reviews