AppleOne Reviews in Colorado Springs, CO | Glassdoor

2.0
AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They found me a job with a great company I ended up becoming permanent I got promoted and a raise (in 23 reviews)

• If you need a short term position or full time apple one is the place to be (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Had informed me that the temp-to-hire position was for help desk but was not the case (in 17 reviews)

• I have nothing but good things to say about Apple One (in 22 reviews)

1. "Awesome Company & Awesome Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fulfilling job helping others find work. Amazing leadership that truly cares about your development. Strong and decisive upper management - my Area and Regional managers are very supportive of a positive team environment and helping everyone on the team advance their careers based on their strengths. Entrepreneurial environment and great vision and mission.

Cons

A lot to learn quickly! There were some really negative and nasty people in the branch that were deterring me and the team and fortunately that has been resolved!

Advice to Management

Keep doing the amazing work you are doing to develop strong leaders and strong teams. Thank you for doing what is right and believing in people.

"Was so great at first....now, such a disappointment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team/ family environment (staff members only, no one in management), training and development (entry level), growth potential for sales and management.

Cons

Manipulative and very fake attitudes from management, very poor business and professional decision making from management, unrealistic goals and ideas from management, acts more like a closed door company than an open door company. BE VERY CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU SAY NO MATTER HOW NICE AND CARING THEY (management) SEEM TO BE!!!! Micromanaging is huge with this company. Low pay for the amount of work, always adding more on when workers are already stressed with the amount of work they must complete, HIGH TURNOVER!!! An entire office of 7 people all let go (for speaking their mind) or quit due to poor management in under a year, with most of those employees only having been with the company for a few months.. They will belittle you and call you trash to your face and make snide comments about behaviors they do not like or about past employees openly. The only reason to not work with this company is the management, and although it may seem not too bad, they come to the office every week, so they are VERY involved in all branches. Also, the upper management openly smokes pot and encourages others to follow suit at company events, which is very unprofessional and made multiple people feel uncomfortable, considering the entire floor reeked heavily of the smoke.. even in our rooms that were right down the hall… If you choose to work for this company just understand that management has some serious issues and if you are comfortable playing a game and being fake every day that you go to work, you will LOVE this place. Enjoy. If not, just know that there are LOTS of WAY better opportunities than what you will find with AppleOne. Like I said, working with this company is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. You will figure it out soon enough.

Advice to Management

Please listen to your employees!!!!! When there is an issue, try to understand what is actually happening and follow NORMAL HR processes. Not everyone is a robot without a brain... your best employees will have brains...

"Worst place to work"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of anything good to say about this company.

Cons

They lure you in with promises of good paying jobs that will be temp to hire. They place you in horrible working conditions (the owner disparages vets, homeless people, and yells at his wife while you're on the phone with customers). When the assignment doesn't go well due to lack of training and professionalism on the part of the company they place you with, they stonewall you instead of placing you in a new assignment. I called my recruiter and emailed her without response. It wasn't until I threatened to speak to a supervisor that she got on the phone with me. I pecifically asked about open positions on their website and what skills I could improve on while waiting for another assignment. I was told what happened at the company I was assigned to was no fault of my own, the owners blindsided Appleone with their unprofessinalism, and had they known how awful it was at that assignment they never would have placed me there. I was also told that my skills were fine. I get daily emails from job sites where Appleone has placed ads for open positions. Appleone says "those positions are upcoming and not ready yet." Or, my favorite line to date, "those positions are looking for something very targeted and specific." My recruiter even suggested that I go to other temp agencies. She is basically trying to dump me or pawn me off on other agencies.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. You can't punish someone for your mistakes that you're trying to cover up.